***Official Political Discussion Thread***

28cc27cc0d24580129e5d8ea697e1b08.gif

In case anyone was wondering if Trump will continue to get preferential treatment...

Also, a reminder that he isn't even being "fined". He literally just has to pay back what he is determined to have stolen from the state, plus interest. I wish I could just rob someone of 100k, get caught years later and just be asked to give it back with no other punishment. Must be nice to be wealthy:

"From the Ambien and Dramamine in millions of bathroom medicine cabinets, to the sugar substitute that makes diet sodas sweet, to the first-ever birth control pill, some of America’s most common medicines and supplements can be traced back to the G.D. Searle pharmaceutical company.

Now, more than a century after the company’s founding, the massive family fortune built from those scientific advances has emerged as a major benefactor of the right, mostly out of the public eye.

The Searle Freedom Trust, a foundation funded by the company’s former chairman, has doled out more than $200 million in grants over the last decade, sending more money to conservative non-profits than nearly any other private foundation in recent years, according to a CNN analysis."

In case anyone was wondering if Trump will continue to get preferential treatment...

Also, a reminder that he isn't even being "fined". He literally just has to pay back what he is determined to have stolen from the state, plus interest. I wish I could just rob someone of 100k, get caught years later and just be asked to give it back with no other punishment. Must be nice to be wealthy:

This is on the bond not the judgment. The full amount plus interest is owed if he doesn’t win the appeal but I get your point.

This is on the bond not the judgment. The full amount plus interest is owed if he doesn’t win the appeal but I get your point.

Yeah, I get that. I don't see any reason he should have his bond reduced though. What's the logic behind that? And another 10 day extension? I also forgot to mention he is still allowed to operate his businesses in the state in the interim. Thanks appellate court

Yeah, I get that. I don't see any reason he should have his bond reduced though. What's the logic behind that? And another 10 day extension? I also forgot to mention he is still allowed to operate his businesses in the state in the interim. Thanks appellate court
There is no reason other than the court system tying itself in a pretzel to accommodate a person that used to be president to not appear partial.

I’m actually happy that this happened. Too many on our side want an easier way to deal with this guy other than voting for Biden and it doesn’t work that way. Impeachment, criminal trials, fraud convictions, etc have been ineffective. All these cases will be ruled against him but probably not before the election. People need to wake up and get working to get Biden another term

There is no reason other than the court system tying itself in a pretzel to accommodate a person that used to be president to not appear partial.

I’m actually happy that this happened. Too many on our side want an easier way to deal with this guy other than voting for Biden and it doesn’t work that way. Impeachment, criminal trials, fraud convictions, etc have been ineffective. All these cases will be ruled against him but probably not before the election. People need to wake up and get working to get Biden another term

I'm all for keeping our side engaged and soundly defeating this dude and all his minions forever in November.

My problem is that this is the most direct evidence yet of Trump being treated differently than you or I or basically anyone else by the law. This country is supposed to hold everyone accountable and these people are just bowing under the pressure and arbitrarily changing bond amounts and tweaking the rules for no real reason. It's ****ed up and wrong and shouldn't be happening

There are people who lose their homes and way of life every day due to judgments against them and they don't get breaks. There is absolutely zero justification for this. That's my problem

I'm all for keeping our side engaged and soundly defeating this dude and all his minions forever in November.

My problem is that this is the most direct evidence yet of Trump being treated differently than you or I or basically anyone else by the law. This country is supposed to hold everyone accountable and these people are just bowing under the pressure and arbitrarily changing bond amounts and tweaking the rules for no real reason. It's ****ed up and wrong and shouldn't be happening

There are people who lose their homes and way of life every day due to judgments against them and they don't get breaks. There is absolutely zero justification for this. That's my problem
I agree with you. This shouldn’t be happening but as a Black man, I always assume that the legal system isn’t going to work for poor people, minorities or anyone other than rich white men. As a lawyer by training, every Trump argument in these cases is so weak from a legal standpoint that it’s almost laughable. These judges are absolutely terrified and want to give him the benefit of the doubt to not be accused of “swaying” the election in hopes that by the time they rule against him, it will be out of there hands (either Biden wins or he wins). I still think the SC hearing his immunity defense is the worst one of these matters. If he’s immune from criminal prosecution then a US President is an emperor or king.

While I see your point and obviously everything needs to be done to get biden reelected and also don’t forget congress

But my issue is, dude is clearly trying to make it to election and have that as some sort of lifeline for things that should have zero to do with the election

If did gets elected he will pardon himself for the things he can pardon himself for and then use the power of the office for everything else, we already saw him using White House counsel for the sexual assault case

The presidency or an election shouldn’t be a shield, even with the wealthy and/or powerful there has to be a line somewhere

While I see your point and obviously everything needs to be done to get biden reelected and also don’t forget congress

But my issue is, dude is clearly trying to make it to election and have that as some sort of lifeline for things that should have zero to do with the election

If did gets elected he will pardon himself for the things he can pardon himself for and then use the power of the office for everything else, we already saw him using White House counsel for the sexual assault case

The presidency or an election shouldn’t be a shield, even with the wealthy and/or powerful there has to be a line somewhere

I agree with this but we knew this was his game plan when he announced his run. This is why when we tell people the stakes of this election we aren’t lying or underselling it. The US Court system doesn’t want to hold him accountable on the timeline where they think it will impact the election. This is a result of their cowardice and the craziness of his supporters. He will lose every case on the merits but the violence of his supporters scares these judges. I’ve joked that the American political system is pretty much done on the honor code. We don’t have checks and balances when dealing with a corrupt political party and a corrupt president of that same party. Sadly we are all suffering the consequences of a weak Republican Party that puts the chance of winning above everything even their own principles.

I agree with this but we knew this was his game plan when he announced his run. This is why when we tell people the stakes of this election we aren’t lying or underselling it. The US Court system doesn’t want to hold him accountable on the timeline where they think it will impact the election. This is a result of their cowardice and the craziness of his supporters. He will lose every case on the merits but the violence of his supporters scares these judges. I’ve joked that the American political system is pretty much done on the honor code. We don’t have checks and balances when dealing with a corrupt political party and a corrupt president of that same party. Sadly we are all suffering the consequences of a weak Republican Party that puts the chance of winning above everything even their own principles.

It’s not just him (looking at several of the Supreme Court judges and obviously a whole slew of judges down the line)

But for the sake of the country better hope their is a blue wave.. and certain republicans turn on dude

The irony is, many of those making fun of the British royal family want to install their own royalty with extra steps here.

"We the People want our king too. The American Revolution was wrong!"

/s

Back
Top Bottom