OFFICIAL: PS3 SLIM Unveiled Today at GamesCom...$299 120GB NO BC 3.0 FW...9/1

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

check http://www.colorwarepc.com for custom paint. Not up yet, but I'm sure they'll offer it in the future.
forget colorwarepc ...there prices are crazy

gimme a modder
devil.gif
devil.gif

They do quality work though.

Originally Posted by i3allistic

3833615213_2c582aab60.jpg

^^ it doesn't look that bad actually ....if u got a nice entertainment system ...it will blend right in
just thinking about it, the original was huge
laugh.gif
... this"slim" one looks like it could be the same size as the original ps2........lol..maybe i'm reaching

Looks pretty cool. My original PS3 jus stopped working a few weeks back. At first it just stopped playing games/blu rays but now it wont even read DVDs but theentire interface and internet works still as well as USBs works n all..is the reader just fried? and anyone know where I can go to get this fixed for cheap? orwhere to get it fixed at all?!

Wait, wait, wait...

I though all PS3's had backward compatibilty?

When did they do away with it?

What the hell man I just want to go back and play San Andreas if I do get a PS3…

Not even the big body PS3's have backward ccompatibilty?

Will there/is there any update that allows for backward compatibilty

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Wait, wait, wait...

What the hell man I just want to go back and play San Andreas if I do get a PS3…

well ...SONY patent a way to have PS2 b/c on the PS3 ....sooo we just gotta wait and see ...i'm waiting for that feature too ...

Originally Posted by piczon1983

What are the specs of the slim? And the price?
120gb, $299. Drops first week in September. With Sony doing this, theres no doubt MS is going to drop the Elite to 299 as well this holidayseason.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Originally Posted by piczon1983

What are the specs of the slim? And the price?
120gb, $299. Drops first week in September. With Sony doing this, theres no doubt MS is going to drop the Elite to 299 as well this holiday season.
Already seen pics. They supposed to be getting rid of the pro.

Wait, wait, wait...

Not all PS3's have backwards compat. There will be an update someday but it has not been announced.

The ones that are on the market right now along with the slim only have PS1 backwards compatability. The older version have PS1 and PS2 compatibility. Somehave emotion emulation which is not true backwards compatibility but you will be able to play most everything. The LAUNCH versions 60 and 20 gig versions havethe actual emotion (PS2) chip in it so it has full backwards compatibility.

Easy way to check... Does your PS3 have 4 USB ports?
-If yes, you can play ps1 and ps2 games (launch versions will run better/play more games)
-If no, you can play PS1 games

The only reason Sony isn't releasing backwards compatibility for the PS3 is most likely because they still want to sell PS2's .

I don't think I've ever...utilized Backwards compatibility. I had the Original 60GB PS3...the launch XBOX 360...and the slim PS2. Never saw the pointof playing old games. Once I play a game...I beat it and I'm done with it unless it's a sports title...and in that case I'm always waiting for nextyear's version anyway.

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

The only reason Sony isn't releasing backwards compatibility for the PS3 is most likely because they still want to sell PS2's .

im not a hardware tech person but theres been talks on beyond3d about how there's bandwidth issues when it comes to trying to completely emulate thegraphics synthesizer, not that its impossible but that its very difficult

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

im not a hardware tech person but theres been talks on beyond3d about how there's bandwidth issues when it comes to trying to completely emulate the graphics synthesizer, not that its impossible but that its very difficult

Possibility of PS2 backwards compatibility coming soon?

Sony patents on July 30th 2009 technology to emulate the "Graphics Synthesizer" on the PS2 using the Cell& RSX:

Previously there was a patent to emulate the "Emotion Engine", however this new patent demonstrates a method to emulate both EEand GS.

Link with more pictures:
http://gigazine.net/index.php?/news/commen...803_ps2_on_ps3/

Patent directory:
http://www6.ipdl.inpit.go.jp/Tokujitu/tjso....ipdl?N0000=101
the patent ID is 「文献種別:A

^ its been discussed over on neogaf, some seem to think that it again describes EE emulation, all thats shown in the patent is an arrow to the GS

getting ready for the PS3 Slim with some games... what do you think?

SFIV
MvC2
Metal Gear 4
NCAA 09
Madden 10
Resident Evil 5

any other cheap games I could/should purchase?

im not a hardware tech person but theres been talks on beyond3d about how there's bandwidth issues when it comes to trying to completely emulate the graphics synthesizer, not that its impossible but that its very difficult
But they've already had PS3's where you can play PS2 games ... why can't they just do it with all of them ?

But they've already had PS3's where you can play PS2 games ... why can't they just do it with all of them ?

all ps2 bc PS3s included the graphics synthesizer, its just that 20 and 60 gbs included the EE while 80gb emulated the emotion engine

they finally took out the GS starting with the 40gb models in order to help cut costs which is why u can only emulate ps1 games, the 40gb model introduced the399 price

^^^i'm thinking since the older 60gb PS3's used the Emotion engine found in PS2's, it's probably the hardware issue. possibly thehardware costs more. that's why they introduction software emulation on the later PS3's.

also, i agree with you saying they want PS2 sales to still go up.

You guys think with this price cut Sony will reign supreme in the console market again like they did with the PS2?

You guys think with this price cut Sony will reign supreme in the console market again like they did with the PS2?

u mean supreme as in pass the wii and the 360 or just the 360?

as for me, i see all consoles doing well and fairly competitive, even see both catching up to the wii eventually

nope ...but its gonna be a tight race tho

IMO, the one who will win is the one with a better first party titles ...which IMO sony has upper hand in ...MS been disbanding alot of there First partycompanies and treating one of there better companies (RARE) like crap
grin.gif
...and tossing $$$ for TIME exclusive titles...which i think is dumb, cuz the companies will take MS money and just repackage the samegame w/ bonuses and sell it too the PS3 consumer
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom