Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing I don't understand in all this Lebron X+ stuff is if Nike is really going to force people that want the dope colorways to end up buying 4 or 5 Nike+ Chips if they only do those colorways in that $290 version. Just seems excessive if they dont make most every dope colorway in a ratio of 80% regular and 20% Nike+ version seeing as NOBODY needs 4 sets of that chip ya know...
Nike doesn't force customers to buy anything...

Key word is "needs", nobody needs to buy top-end shoes or needs to be in this hobby of collecting shoes either.

Nike doesn't force customers to buy anything...

It is FORCED if that person WANTS a certain colorway that Nike decides to ONLY releases in the $290 version. I have a firm grasp on NEEDS and WANTS in the real world, I thoroughly understand the whole nobody NEEDS blah blah blah, DUH! But we're operating here under the understanding that people are GOING to buy certain colorways regardless, as poor of an understanding as collecting shoes is within itself they may be but, an understanding non the less.

Crystal blue persuasion!! I like... That blue magic. Funny these get flicked after the season finale of Breaking Bad.

USA's will be copped. Other than that only the silver and orange pair and the homes intrest me right now. But we all know theres going to be a TON of colorways released so im not worried.

the blue diamond's are nice. so far it's only at two pairs of X's im going to try and get, blue diamond and home floridians. i am starting to think i am only one of a select few that is feeling the homes and not the aways. oh well, i hope this holds out once rd arrives.

I am with you on the Home Floridians sir! Bought one of the Floridian Jersey's last season and rocked it with the Big Bangs or Miami Nights, since the laces matched up with the stripe...but those Homes are :smokin compared to the Away. I like them both but if I could ONLY get 1, it would be the Homes...

I'VE STATED THIS POINT MULTIPLE TIMES ALREADY.
I'M CONFUSED AS TO HOW NIKE WILL HANDLE THIS AS WELL. I'M SURE THEY HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE HAVING MULTIPLE SETS OF CHIPS LOL.

Talked to a few HoH employees a few weeks back regarding this when I was thinking about purchasing a TR1 pair for my girl. He eluded that Nike says they are looking at this "issue" but no idea what is going to be done or when.

I figured that if Nike still wants to keep a price point differential, they could do something like this...Keep the LeBron X CW's exactly how they are, release them as you were going to. Now if they want to keep the "hot" CW's in the + ok, then make only ONE SHOE come with the chips and charger and adapter and charge the $290. Then make subsequent + releases "chip ready" with the sensors and chip compartment already in the shoe, and sell it at a higher price point...say $200 or $205, that way the consumer is a little ahead of the game and Nike is moving more product. Or better yet for the consumer...make all the + models "chip ready" and then sell the Chip/Charger/Adapter bundle separate. That one might not work out so well for Nike cuz I think a LOT of consumers would pass on the bundle and tech, but hey, I'm just throwing ideas out. Ya'll get the point!

great job with some colorways JP.

I am a fan of the shoe, i know its early but these > the 9's .

I really like both those floridians colorway. and if that dolphins colorway drop its a wrap.

and i would really like to see more pics of them "Jades" and lol at the price tag for those USA. they are nice but yall can have em.

It is FORCED if that person WANTS a certain colorway that Nike decides to ONLY releases in the $290 version. I have a firm grasp on NEEDS and WANTS in the real world, I thoroughly understand the whole nobody NEEDS blah blah blah, DUH! But we're operating here under the understanding that people are GOING to buy certain colorways regardless, as poor of an understanding as collecting shoes is within itself they may be but, an understanding non the less.
why would everybody buy the colorways that they want regardless?

Talked to a few HoH employees a few weeks back regarding this when I was thinking about purchasing a TR1 pair for my girl. He eluded that Nike says they are looking at this "issue" but no idea what is going to be done or when.
I figured that if Nike still wants to keep a price point differential, they could do something like this...Keep the LeBron X CW's exactly how they are, release them as you were going to. Now if they want to keep the "hot" CW's in the + ok, then make only ONE SHOE come with the chips and charger and adapter and charge the $290. Then make subsequent + releases "chip ready" with the sensors and chip compartment already in the shoe, and sell it at a higher price point...say $200 or $205, that way the consumer is a little ahead of the game and Nike is moving more product. Or better yet for the consumer...make all the + models "chip ready" and then sell the Chip/Charger/Adapter bundle separate. That one might not work out so well for Nike cuz I think a LOT of consumers would pass on the bundle and tech, but hey, I'm just throwing ideas out. Ya'll get the point!

But if they did that, they couldn't make it limited. Without the limited tag hang over head, people would be more willing to let the 290's sit(unless it's a nice colorway but you still wouldn't move as many, at said price point, as it being limited). Best thing for them to do, is have the consumer end up with several chips.

Last edited:
54713332587500024511226.jpg
39340032587520425021873.jpg
40398132587504824631471.jpg

I'm not sure if this was posted here already but here's a pick up video on the away Floridian X's. Courtesy of burningsole via youtube

YOUR DAILY GENERAL REMINDER:
 ​

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO BUYING-SELLING-TRADING ALLOWED IN THIS FORUM.
DO NOT POST THAT YOU'RE WILLING TO BUY, SELL OR TRADE. PERIOD!
PRICE HAS NEVER BEEN THE ISSUE. IT'S STILL A VIOLATION IF YOU'RE SELLING FOR RETAIL OR LESS...OR EVEN TO SHIP. THIS INCLUDES REQUESTS/OFFERS TO SPLIT COMBO PACKS.​
 ​
DO NOT POST THAT YOU'RE WILLING TO DO PICKUPS FROM A STORE OR THAT YOU NEED SOMEONE TO PICK SOMETHING UP.
EVEN IF YOU'RE SELLING FOR THE PRICE OF WHAT YOU PAID FOR, IT'S STILL A VIOLATION SINCE A TRANSACTION WOULD NEED TO TAKE PLACE BETWEEN YOU AND SOMEONE ELSE.​
 ​
DO NOT ASK OR OFFER SOMEONE TO USE A SWOOSH/EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT.
YOU WOULD STILL NEED TO PAY/ACCEPT PAYMENT FROM SOMEONE IN ORDER TO COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION.​
 ​
DO NOT POST LIVE AUCTION LINKS/LISTINGS.
TOO MANY PEOPLE PROMOTING THEIR OWN AUCTIONS IS THE MAIN REASON WHY WE FROWN ON THIS BUT YOU ALSO DON'T WANT TO BLOW UP SOMEONE'S CHANCES AT AN AUCTION THEY WERE WATCHING.​
 ​
DO NOT POST STOCKPILE/STOCKROOM PHOTOS.
(PICTURES OF MULTIPLE PAIRS/SIZES)THIS OBVIOUS ATTEMPT TO SELL WILL NO LONGER BE TOLERATED, ESPECIALLY IF IT'S COUPLED WITH A  "FOR SALE" SIGNATURE! POSTS WITH THESE TYPES OF PHOTOS WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT WARNING.​
 ​
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 ​
IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO HELP SOMEONE OUT, PLEASE KEEP IT THRU PM'S OR USE THE BUY/SELL FORUMS. ANY MENTION OF ANY TYPE OF EXCHANGE ON THE BOARD MAY LEAD TO A SUSPENSION.​
 ​
POSTING LINKS/INFO TO ONLINE STORES IS OKAY AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT PROMOTING YOUR OWN WEBSITE.​
 ​
POSTING ONLINE DISCOUNT CODES IS OKAY.​
 ​
POSTING THE ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBERS TO STORES IS OKAY.​
 ​
USING YOUR SIGNATURE TO BUY/SELL/TRADE IS OKAY AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT "SIG CHECKING" AND POSTING WITH THE INTENT TO PROMOTE YOUR SIG.
 ​
REMEMBER, IT'S OKAY TO HELP EACH OTHER OUT AS LONG AS YOU'RE DOING IT IN THE APPROPRIATE WAY.​

The Blue Diamond's are nice. Best colorway of the X so far, IMO. Unfortunately for Nike, I don't think I'll be spending $290 plus tax on a pair of shoes.

Last edited:
If the Dolphin/Cannon colorway were to drop..those would be the only ones i'd cop....:smokin
All other colorways...meh!! They gotta come better for this type of bread...the design is what messes the colorways up....

Those Blue Diamonds are ok, nothing spectacular about them, not feeling the color blocking either. The best part of the shoe is the part you can't see, the translucent sole, lol.

so the USA joints will only be nike+ and limited :smh:

I will try to get them but I know i will end up paying more than retail

so the USA joints will only be nike+ and limited :smh:
I will try to get them but I know i will end up paying more than retail

I'm hoping it's not as limited as people are saying, blogs have stated "most Nike basketball" accounts would be receiving them! My House of Hoops is doing a raffle! If its limited to house of hoops, I'm anixous to see what these resellers set the bar at, because my store is at the point where its raffles only because people don't know how to act!

man i just cant get into these. wack to me. Im not mad though will save me money.. only ones i Kinda like are the olys and i'd never spend that kinda $ for such plain colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom