Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I DON'T NEED TO SEE IN PERSON TO KNOW I DON'T LIKE A COLORWAY.
THERE IS NO AMOUNT OF SEEING THAT WILL MAKE ME BUY JADES, FLORIDIANS, ICEMANS, OR THAT MAROON PAIR. THE COLORS USED DON'T WORK FOR ME AT ALL.
I'M A PATIENT PERSON, SO I'LL WAIT FOR MORE TO POP UP.

never stated anything regarding colorways other than they are mediocre so far at best. but some people in here are saying they they dont like the shoe at all, or dont like how they look w/ jeans etc...

when to be honest, and you can quote me on this...there is no way you can like the 8 and not like the X.

i agree that the colorways suck as well. but i am not one that would say a colorway sucks because it doesnt draw maximum attention i.e. south beach, galaxy etc. i enjoy the regular colorways as well.

but i am agreeing with you and many others on price and colorways...so far...big thumbs down.

I DON'T NEED TO SEE IN PERSON TO KNOW I DON'T LIKE A COLORWAY.
THERE IS NO AMOUNT OF SEEING THAT WILL MAKE ME BUY JADES, FLORIDIANS, ICEMANS, OR THAT MAROON PAIR. THE COLORS USED DON'T WORK FOR ME AT ALL.
I'M A PATIENT PERSON, SO I'LL WAIT FOR MORE TO POP UP.

never stated anything regarding colorways other than they are mediocre so far at best. but some people in here are saying they they dont like the shoe at all, or dont like how they look w/ jeans etc...

when to be honest, and you can quote me on this...there is no way you can like the 8 and not like the X.

i agree that the colorways suck as well. but i am not one that would say a colorway sucks because it doesnt draw maximum attention i.e. south beach, galaxy etc. i enjoy the regular colorways as well.

but i am agreeing with you and many others on price and colorways...so far...big thumbs down.

I UNDERSTAND MAN.

THE THING IS THIS...NIKE IS TAXING 290 FOR THE PLUS VERSION, SO THE COLORWAY BETTER BLOW ME AWAY FOR THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY AND I SAY THIS BECAUSE I KNOW MOST (NOT ALL) OF THE BETTER COLORWAYS WILL PROBABLY BE ON THE PLUS VERSION.

Last edited:
I just wanna see the shoes in person...I wasn't feeling the 9's when they first came out, but once I saw them in person...I fell in love w/ them. But, I can't even say seeing them in person was what did it...It was the color combo of the China's that lured me to the 9's to be honest. This may be another shoe/design where the CW's might save the day again

Anyone know if the USA will be on swoosh, just got a job with Nike. And this will probably be the only way I get the 290 joints. And I love the fact that people are actually going to hoop in the + version
smokin.gif
More power to them cuz ain't no way I'm hoopin in some 290 shoes and I'm not gettin paid to play...lol. I'll leave that to the real ballers I guess. But, me & cousin talked about that...and that was the only problem we had about the shoe...So, go figure

You're not missing anything from the $180 version. It still has the Zoom Max, Dynamic Flywire, etc. minus small details, lace lock, textured Swoosh, which only are aesthetics which i care less about and the + system which i don't care for either. It's practically the same shoe, obviously. If you want the + features but don't want to pay for that then that's your problem.

Yes but the fact that Nike isn't giving the full package - even if it's completely visual details - just makes the shoe feel like a takedown.

They are just aesthetics, but they're not unnecessary - they are great details that lend themselves to the aura of the shoe. People already complain about them looking like Hyperdunks, and those details are what set them apart.

Of course it's a bball shoe, has all the necessary on-court technology, so it's not a takedown in the usual sense - but just the fact that Nike is holding back on the design of the cheaper version is wrong. It creates the feeling like you're buying an 85% Lebron X just cause you don't want or need the +.

Last edited:
I UNDERSTAND MAN.
THE THING IS THIS...NIKE IS TAXING 290 FOR THE PLUS VERSION, SO THE COLORWAY BETTER BLOW ME AWAY FOR THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY AND I SAY THIS BECAUSE I KNOW MOST (NOT ALL) OF THE BETTER COLORWAYS WILL PROBABLY BE ON THE PLUS VERSION.

i'm with you memph man

since some people have their hands on these whats the consensus on the sizing? 1/2 sz up like the 9s?

I'M HOPING THE ANNUAL ALL STAR & SOUTH BEACH COLORWAYS ARE GOOD.
HOPING THE LEBRON 10 DOESN'T TURN INTO A KOBE 7 TYPE YEAR.

MAAAAAAAN!!!! That's what I'm saying, Kobe 6s were a thing of sheer beauty--- then when I saw the 7s I was literally like '*****'???

Nonetheless, I think the 10s are going to suck for me and fade into obscurity, like the 5s and 6s (FOR.ME) I know some of ya'll love the lebron 5s and 6s

Last edited:
MAAAAAAAN!!!! That's what I'm saying, Kobe 6s were a thing of sheer beauty--- then when I saw the 7s I was literally like '*****'???
Nonetheless, I think the 10s are going to suck for me and fade into obscurity, like the 5s and 6s (FOR.ME) I know some of ya'll love the lebron 5s and 6s

The 5's and 6's SUCKED, I was a little harsh on the X upon first view and nothing has struck me as amazing but I've lightened my stance a bit on the model overall, might grab one pair because I am SUPER curious to see how these perform on court. Me being 6'6" and 260lbs my knees take a beating when I'm jumping and coming down, hopefully these help. Picked up DS pairs of the 2's and the 3's Bred colorways for retail today, beautiful sight and to think Lebron's used to be sold at Richard's Sporting Goods....LOL! My how times have changed...

Last edited:
damn ive been seaching for lebron 3's in the bred color forever, where did u cop?

LOL come on people, of course everyone is going to have there own opinion!
I respect everyone who has came out and said they flat out dont like the design or the color ways. There is no reason for people to try to convince someone into something they dont like.

With that being said, I love the design of the 10s, and to me i think the design >>>>.The Lebron 9s. As far as Color ways, like i have said before the USA Gold Medals have me excited, and I am ready to drop my money for them. So far thats the only color way i like that i have seen thus far.

Last edited:
damn ive been seaching for lebron 3's in the bred color forever, where did u cop?

Grabbed them from a local fella thats selling off his collection to replenish his savings after buying a 66' Mustang, think he said 66' Mustang, it was a 66' something. Anyway, he only charged me what he bought them for and provided the receipt. I forgot the 3's retailed at $125+tax only came out to $136, I gave him $150 as a thanks. Buddy has some heat, I'm def gonna hit him for some other older Lebrons. I think the X's will be absolutely admired by all that like them and left on shelves by those that don't, probably wont be many in the middle this year like there was with the 9. I'm 100% sure there will be a colorway that just awes everybody and I dont think it'll be the South Beach colorway. I have confidence in Nike, they tend to know what they are doing...for the most part.

P.S. GO BEARS!!! PACKERS SUCK!!! :lol:

Last edited:

I UNDERSTAND MAN.

^this and ^this...
Same boat as rawdawg and Meph...I really love the overall look of the X, just as I did the 8. Very similar. The IX's HAD to grow on me first but I'm glad they did.

This shoe does have a lot of potential, as seen with the USA/Gold Medal CW. But the CW's like the Blue Diamond and all Red/maroon shoe...just look lazy to me. Just slap a color on the entire shoe and keep it moving. While the Orange/silver or Floridians (home or away) may not be everyone's cup of tea, at least they look like that there was some actual color "design" that went into them IMO!!!

I am hoping that some better CW's come out because I do like this shoe, and especially what Nike is trying to do with the price point. I understand the upcharge for the + tech...but if you want people to pay for wanted or unwanted tech, the CW better be WORTHY of the tech and price point. Or else what's the point?

Excited for All Star, but I don't think we need another Big Bang fiasco this year lol, and the Christmas CW. And right now my eyes are on the Jade, USA, and the Home Floridian. Still waiting for Nike to drop bombs like they always do...just gotta exercise paitence. :D

^this and ^this...
Same boat as rawdawg and Meph...I really love the overall look of the X, just as I did the 8. Very similar. The IX's HAD to grow on me first but I'm glad they did.
This shoe does have a lot of potential, as seen with the USA/Gold Medal CW. But the CW's like the Blue Diamond and all Red/maroon shoe...just look lazy to me. Just slap a color on the entire shoe and keep it moving. While the Orange/silver or Floridians (home or away) may not be everyone's cup of tea, at least they look like that there was some actual color "design" that went into them IMO!!!
I am hoping that some better CW's come out because I do like this shoe, and especially what Nike is trying to do with the price point. I understand the upcharge for the + tech...but if you want people to pay for wanted or unwanted tech, the CW better be WORTHY of the tech and price point. Or else what's the point?
Excited for All Star, but I don't think we need another Big Bang fiasco this year lol, and the Christmas CW. And right now my eyes are on the Jade, USA, and the Home Floridian. Still waiting for Nike to drop bombs like they always do...just gotta exercise paitence. :D[/quote]

I have to say I think you hit the nail on the head with this post I was thinking the exact thing. I was really feeling the Blue Diamond CW and was going to make that my first pair of Lebron X+ until I really started to look at that shoe and saw how plain the colorway was. :smh: I think I'm going do like a lot of other people up here and just wait to see what other colorways they come out with . The Jades are looking promising and I can't wait to see what they do with the Lebron X ASG and I do hope it's something themed again. Just my two cents

i have noticed on a few colorways..all red and blue diamond that they are using that metallic color instead of bright vibrant colors i.e. the liverpool 9 lows. i would rather see colors like that instead of the metallic colors that come across flat and lazy.

i think it has more to do with that and less with the actual color blocking.

Last edited:
LOL come on people, of course everyone is going to have there own opinion!
I respect everyone who has came out and said they flat out dont like the design or the color ways. There is no reason for people to try to convince someone into something they dont like.
With that being said, I love the design of the 10s, and to me i think the design >>>>.The Lebron 9s. As far as Color ways, like i have said before the USA Gold Medals have me excited, and I am ready to drop my money for them. So far thats the only color way i like that i have seen thus far.

C'mon man, you were ready to sell a DMP package to get the IX MVP package about a month ago. How fickle can some of you guys be?

Not a big fan of some of the color ways. "Floridian Home", "Icemans". I do infact like the floridian aways, Jades, and USA CWs. Though

the 8s are my favorite lebron, loved how they looked and felt. especially with that nice leather on the v1s. the 10s have a similar silhouette so im digging them too. i wish they made a winterized version of these or something where its all leather instead of hyperfuse. i wish they would make a blackout leather pair. now that would be nice!
im hoping that the 10s have more colorways than the 8s though. there were barely that many 8s that released. i pretty much got all the ones i liked and thats barely anything. blackouts, south beach, all star and xmas. i wish they were all made in the v1 and leather instead of the v2. there were only like 4 colorways in the v1. but im getting off topic, this is a lebron 10 thread.. haha.

the 8s are my favorite lebron, loved how they looked and felt. especially with that nice leather on the v1s. the 10s have a similar silhouette so im digging them too. i wish they made a winterized version of these or something where its all leather instead of hyperfuse. i wish they would make a blackout leather pair. now that would be nice!
im hoping that the 10s have more colorways than the 8s though. there were barely that many 8s that released. i pretty much got all the ones i liked and thats barely anything. blackouts, south beach, all star and xmas. i wish they were all made in the v1 and leather instead of the v2. there were only like 4 colorways in the v1. but im getting off topic, this is a lebron 10 thread.. haha.
Im praying these are going to be on ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom