Official Sacramento Kings Off-season Thread

The extension to file for relocation was pushed back to May 2nd. That's looking a little brighter for us because it shows the BoG are clearly interested in what KJ told them at the NY meetings.

The extension to file for relocation was pushed back to May 2nd. That's looking a little brighter for us because it shows the BoG are clearly interested in what KJ told them at the NY meetings.

I see the past 24 hours as great news. I truly believe the Maloofs thought they had a sure thing going into yesterday. Now they need an extension and the BoG needs to "digest all of the new information." Darius Anderson is sort of overlooked in this whole thing. I know of him through some political relationships, and he can pull some serious strings out here. The Maloofs seemed to forget that Sactown is really good at one thing - playing politics. Anderson and KJ caught them with their pants down on this one. I give them a lot of credit...I was really criticizing KJ for seemingly trying to distance himself from the situation in the past weeks...little did we know it was likely part of a much savvier strategy. The Maloofs ran a POS PR campaign throughout this process, and now we're going to bury them for it. Even if they successfully move to Anaheim, they'll be digging their own goodwill graves, IMO.

Bennett is in position to determine how much a relocated franchise will be worth (which will be a helluva lot more in SoCal). He's desperate to recoup the $50 million he overpaid for the Sonics, plus the relocation fee from when they moved. Anything to dig into that is going to be a priority. The other owners know what a slime ball Clay Bennett is, nobody's falling for his latest move.

Bennett is in position to determine how much a relocated franchise will be worth (which will be a helluva lot more in SoCal). He's desperate to recoup the $50 million he overpaid for the Sonics, plus the relocation fee from when they moved. Anything to dig into that is going to be a priority. The other owners know what a slime ball Clay Bennett is, nobody's falling for his latest move.

I can't believe this asshat
30t6p3b.gif

Time to spam the *+$@ outta him, get info on his wife and kids, parents, etc, etc

Cameron:

The acts you mention will come because they will continue to sell out the arena. They are about making money. Those decisions are made independent of the Kings.

I am not willing to use Yolo County taxpayer money to finance an arena for the Sacramento. 

Matt

-- 
Matt Rexroad, Supervisor
County of Yolo

(530) 662-5184 home office
(800) 540-0436 fax

[email protected]

30t6p3b.gif

Time to spam the *+$@ outta him, get info on his wife and kids, parents, etc, etc

Cameron:

The acts you mention will come because they will continue to sell out the arena. They are about making money. Those decisions are made independent of the Kings.

I am not willing to use Yolo County taxpayer money to finance an arena for the Sacramento. 

Matt

-- 
Matt Rexroad, Supervisor
County of Yolo

(800) 540-0436 fax

[email protected]

the extension is definitely confusing me. i dont get it. it could mean good or bad news.

thats just the mentality in sactown and counties around it. they dont see any good from an arena.

the extension is definitely confusing me. i dont get it. it could mean good or bad news.

thats just the mentality in sactown and counties around it. they dont see any good from an arena.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

30t6p3b.gif

Cameron:

Matt

-- 
Matt Rexroad, Supervisor
County of Yolo

(800) 540-0436 fax

[email protected]
Doesn't he know that KJ is trying to avoid using tax payer money?

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

30t6p3b.gif

Cameron:

Matt

-- 
Matt Rexroad, Supervisor
County of Yolo

(800) 540-0436 fax

[email protected]
Doesn't he know that KJ is trying to avoid using tax payer money?

this is from jim crandell...so take it for whats its worth

FOX40 Exclusive: Will a Publicly-Owned, Non-Profit Arena Work in Sacramento?

* Email
* print
* increase text size decrease text size

* Share195
* (0)

* Related
Reporter Information:
Email Jim
FOX40 News Fan Page
Follow Jim on Twitter
NBA Extends Kings' Relocation Deadline to May 2nd NBA Extends Kings' Relocation Deadline to May 2nd
Your Kings Memories Your Kings Memories
* Photos Photos
Kings Fans Stay at Arena Long After Kings Game Ends
* Stories Stories
Last-Minute Interest from Billionaire Could Save Kings Last-Minute Interest from Billionaire Could Save Kings
An Emotional Season Closer for Sacramento Kings Fans An Emotional Season Closer for Sacramento Kings Fans
Mayor Kevin Johnson Says He "Laid Out Compelling Case" to NBA Board Mayor Kevin Johnson Says He "Laid Out Compelling Case" to NBA Board

Jim Crandell FOX40 Sports Director

5:34 p.m. PDT, April 15, 2011
ktxl-will-a-publiclyowned-nonprofit-arena-work-in-sacramento-20110415

The latest proposal to build a new arena in the Sacramento area is much different than the others, all of which have failed. An out of state businessman, with life-long ties to Sacramento, is preparing legal documents to begin an effort to build a publicly funded, non-profit, tax exempt arena here.

Papers will be filed with the California Secretary of State asking to form a non-profit corporation, and papers will be filed with the IRS requesting tax-exempt status. The corporation will be governed by an Executive Committee elected from a Board of Directors.

Only the President of the Executive Committee will be a paid position. All others who serve will be volunteers, most from the area business community. Initially, the corporation will initiate a $500 million stock sale. Shareholders will not receive dividends or free tickets to events. The plan is based on the model of the community owned Green Bay Packers of the National Football League.

The person behind this latest plan wishes to remain anonymous, at least for the next couple weeks, until all paperwork has been completed.

It was stressed to FOX40 News that this will be a regional facility, and even though there are two sites already determined to be workable for this project, the yet to be named Board of Directors will make the decisions relative to the arena's location and the developer chosen for the project.

Once the documents have been approved by the state and IRS, the next step is recruiting volunteers to serve on the Board. At that time tax deductible donations can be accepted, and the process of preparing the sale of stock can begin.

Individuals and businesses can make donations and buy stock. The plan's backer is confident $500 million can be raised within a year, and arena construction could conceivably begin within six months, a process, he says, will be faster than can be accomplished under any public/private partnership. He added, "It certainly won't take the ten years Sacramento has been trying to build an arena."

this is from jim crandell...so take it for whats its worth

FOX40 Exclusive: Will a Publicly-Owned, Non-Profit Arena Work in Sacramento?

* Email
* print
* increase text size decrease text size

* Share195
* (0)

* Related
Reporter Information:
Email Jim
FOX40 News Fan Page
Follow Jim on Twitter
NBA Extends Kings' Relocation Deadline to May 2nd NBA Extends Kings' Relocation Deadline to May 2nd
Your Kings Memories Your Kings Memories
* Photos Photos
Kings Fans Stay at Arena Long After Kings Game Ends
* Stories Stories
Last-Minute Interest from Billionaire Could Save Kings Last-Minute Interest from Billionaire Could Save Kings
An Emotional Season Closer for Sacramento Kings Fans An Emotional Season Closer for Sacramento Kings Fans
Mayor Kevin Johnson Says He "Laid Out Compelling Case" to NBA Board Mayor Kevin Johnson Says He "Laid Out Compelling Case" to NBA Board

Jim Crandell FOX40 Sports Director

5:34 p.m. PDT, April 15, 2011
ktxl-will-a-publiclyowned-nonprofit-arena-work-in-sacramento-20110415

The latest proposal to build a new arena in the Sacramento area is much different than the others, all of which have failed. An out of state businessman, with life-long ties to Sacramento, is preparing legal documents to begin an effort to build a publicly funded, non-profit, tax exempt arena here.

Papers will be filed with the California Secretary of State asking to form a non-profit corporation, and papers will be filed with the IRS requesting tax-exempt status. The corporation will be governed by an Executive Committee elected from a Board of Directors.

Only the President of the Executive Committee will be a paid position. All others who serve will be volunteers, most from the area business community. Initially, the corporation will initiate a $500 million stock sale. Shareholders will not receive dividends or free tickets to events. The plan is based on the model of the community owned Green Bay Packers of the National Football League.

The person behind this latest plan wishes to remain anonymous, at least for the next couple weeks, until all paperwork has been completed.

It was stressed to FOX40 News that this will be a regional facility, and even though there are two sites already determined to be workable for this project, the yet to be named Board of Directors will make the decisions relative to the arena's location and the developer chosen for the project.

Once the documents have been approved by the state and IRS, the next step is recruiting volunteers to serve on the Board. At that time tax deductible donations can be accepted, and the process of preparing the sale of stock can begin.

Individuals and businesses can make donations and buy stock. The plan's backer is confident $500 million can be raised within a year, and arena construction could conceivably begin within six months, a process, he says, will be faster than can be accomplished under any public/private partnership. He added, "It certainly won't take the ten years Sacramento has been trying to build an arena."

Back
Top Bottom