:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2010-2011 Regular Season Thread-Sing Fired:::

Originally Posted by What up

Staley broke his leg. 4-6 weeks of Sims/Wragge...

link? no way in hell he was able to play on a broken leg.
Edit: nevermind just found a link
tired.gif

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Does anybody know if Troy is signed for next year or is he a free agent?

If he's a free agent the 9ers need to extend him tonight

If we win the West, definitely.

We have history in past years of turning it on late in the season when it was too late to win the division...let's hope this time around the division is weak enough for us to take it.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Does anybody know if Troy is signed for next year or is he a free agent?

If he's a free agent the 9ers need to extend him tonight

If we win the West, definitely.

We have history in past years of turning it on late in the season when it was too late to win the division...let's hope this time around the division is weak enough for us to take it.
pimp.gif

What does winning this pathetic division really prove though? I'm not saying we stop rooting for our team, but if the 49ers somehow sneak into the playoffs changes won't be made. Singletary will be back the same things will continue. This is not a good football team. A lot of players keep making the same mistakes which says a lot about the "talent" and the coaching. I'm thinking about the future here, and I sincerely hope they don't win the division and they makes wholesale changes in the offseason. Some may say this continues a trend, this decade has a high turnover rate when it comes to coaches. Oh well, if they didn't get it right with Singletary, there's no need to continue with something that isn't working.

What does winning this pathetic division really prove though? I'm not saying we stop rooting for our team, but if the 49ers somehow sneak into the playoffs changes won't be made. Singletary will be back the same things will continue. This is not a good football team. A lot of players keep making the same mistakes which says a lot about the "talent" and the coaching. I'm thinking about the future here, and I sincerely hope they don't win the division and they makes wholesale changes in the offseason. Some may say this continues a trend, this decade has a high turnover rate when it comes to coaches. Oh well, if they didn't get it right with Singletary, there's no need to continue with something that isn't working.

Sims was pretty clutch at LT last season for us.

Not too worried about Staley going down, Wragge did well today.

Sims was pretty clutch at LT last season for us.

Not too worried about Staley going down, Wragge did well today.

smokin.gif

Let's not get too excited about Troy Smith now, appreciate what he is doing right now, but he isn't the long term solution...or short term solution (i.e. starting QB in 2011)

smokin.gif

Let's not get too excited about Troy Smith now, appreciate what he is doing right now, but he isn't the long term solution...or short term solution (i.e. starting QB in 2011)

What I saw from today is that we changed up how we play, it wasn't just Gore all the way, which didn't lead to a lot of sustained drives, but more of a balanced attack, Gore still got his carries, but it was more in the flow of the offense, and not our usual run, run, pass then punt.

Also with Troy out there we are actually throwing the ball deep with some success, I only saw 1 overthrown ball. When Alex was out there, the O Line wasn't doing a good job, but with Troy out there he uses his legs to extend plays and throw accurate passes. I can compare this when Romo replaced the Statue Drew Bledsoe and their Line is actually pretty good now with more or less the same players in that O Line. I'm not saying right away he's the answer, but he's only been here like 2 months and he's doing the right things and helping us play better football.

What I saw from today is that we changed up how we play, it wasn't just Gore all the way, which didn't lead to a lot of sustained drives, but more of a balanced attack, Gore still got his carries, but it was more in the flow of the offense, and not our usual run, run, pass then punt.

Also with Troy out there we are actually throwing the ball deep with some success, I only saw 1 overthrown ball. When Alex was out there, the O Line wasn't doing a good job, but with Troy out there he uses his legs to extend plays and throw accurate passes. I can compare this when Romo replaced the Statue Drew Bledsoe and their Line is actually pretty good now with more or less the same players in that O Line. I'm not saying right away he's the answer, but he's only been here like 2 months and he's doing the right things and helping us play better football.

Back
Top Bottom