:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2010-2011 Regular Season Thread-Sing Fired:::

On one hand, the final score of the 49ers/Seahawks game was hugely misleading. Over the first 25 minutes Sunday, San Francisco gained 139 yards compared to Seattle’s 11, and dominated time of possession (19:58 vs. 3:23, which reveals what a meaningless stat that is), but failure inside the 10-yard line and later a truly atrocious pass interference call changed momentum. Things could have gone much differently. But on the other hand, it was truly pathetic how the 49ers responded, unable to produce any offense in the second half, even down big facing a conservative defense. Few players in the NFL played worse in Week 1 than Michael Crabtree(notes). … I’m all for enthusiasm and emotion, but Pete Carroll took it to a new level. We’ll see how long that act lasts. … Justin Forsett(notes): seven carries, 43 yards. Julius Jones(notes): eight carries, 18 yards. Something isn’t right with this picture. … Everyone keeps calling for the 49ers to go back to the spread offense out of the shotgun for Alex Smith, but he actually got a higher YPA when lined up under center last season. That’s not the answer. OC Jimmy Raye is a bigger problem than Smith right now in San Francisco.

On one hand, the final score of the 49ers/Seahawks game was hugely misleading. Over the first 25 minutes Sunday, San Francisco gained 139 yards compared to Seattle’s 11, and dominated time of possession (19:58 vs. 3:23, which reveals what a meaningless stat that is), but failure inside the 10-yard line and later a truly atrocious pass interference call changed momentum. Things could have gone much differently. But on the other hand, it was truly pathetic how the 49ers responded, unable to produce any offense in the second half, even down big facing a conservative defense. Few players in the NFL played worse in Week 1 than Michael Crabtree(notes). … I’m all for enthusiasm and emotion, but Pete Carroll took it to a new level. We’ll see how long that act lasts. … Justin Forsett(notes): seven carries, 43 yards. Julius Jones(notes): eight carries, 18 yards. Something isn’t right with this picture. … Everyone keeps calling for the 49ers to go back to the spread offense out of the shotgun for Alex Smith, but he actually got a higher YPA when lined up under center last season. That’s not the answer. OC Jimmy Raye is a bigger problem than Smith right now in San Francisco.

our OC sucks, our QB NEEDS to show improvement already

i am with you guys, frustrated!!!

we should trade for vick..

our OC sucks, our QB NEEDS to show improvement already

i am with you guys, frustrated!!!

we should trade for vick..

NikeTalker23 wrote:
Any good veteran QB FAs this coming year? No more waiting around for a QB to develop.

Somebody hacked into NikeTalker23 account
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Jim Druckenmiller never got this many chances....so why should Alex Smith?

Druckenmiller was a complete #$*+ up off the field.  He was Big Ben before Big Ben was Big Ben

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Jim Druckenmiller never got this many chances....so why should Alex Smith?

Druckenmiller was a complete #$*+ up off the field.  He was Big Ben before Big Ben was Big Ben

I have gone to the other side too in regards to Smith. I know he sucks, but I still have faith that we can win in spite of him.

Monday night prediction. 22-34, 261 yards, 2 tds, 1 int

I have gone to the other side too in regards to Smith. I know he sucks, but I still have faith that we can win in spite of him.

Originally Posted by dland24

So who's left on the Alex smith defense force?

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

andrew

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

andrew

I would love to break down Alex Smith's game 1 play-by-play, but I'll just let the greatness unfold on Monday Night. He'll make Jerry Rice proud.

I would love to break down Alex Smith's game 1 play-by-play, but I'll just let the greatness unfold on Monday Night. He'll make Jerry Rice proud.

Originally Posted by Mississippi Bullet

what you did there. i see it

Originally Posted by Mississippi Bullet

what you did there. i see it

Back
Top Bottom