:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chip Kelly already looking like a dumb piece of **** for not bringing much to the table on offense after being lauded as some sort of offensive genius, Chip Kelly going to confirm dumb piece of **** status if he keeps Jim Oneil. 

roll.gif

on 4th and 1, we ran out of shotgun. are you ******* kidding me? does chip not have a short-yardage play under center in his playbook?

Last edited:

roll.gif

on 4th and 1, we ran out of shotgun. are you ******* kidding me? does chip not have a short-yardage play under center in his playbook?
Plus it was like 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter, I know Chip Kelly likes to push the envelope but that was just unnecessary.  

We had the complete fuxification though because not only was the coaching bad on both offense and defense but additionally a lot of our players were not playing very well either. 

Hard to know who to blame when the whole thing stinks. Raiders and 49ers may well have pulled a complete switcheroo here 
frown.gif

i've never felt this way in my life about the season, but i just want the season to be over to see what changes, if any, are made to try and fix this depressing **** show.

let's see if that clown jed has the balls to address the media again after the season. 

Last edited:
Lets pray lsu or oregon snatch chip. If the niners are gonna suck might *** well suck for that top pick.

The perfect offseason would be first jed steps down, chip runs back to college and cant forget about oneil, get his *** the **** outta here. Fire everyone, yes Baalke too. Someone has to be hold accountable for the lack of talent on this team. All them picks throughout the years and only a hand full of players that are contributing at a good level. Cant do it.

First things first. Gotta keep oniel for the remainder of the season. He's the one that takes sucking to another level.

Last edited:
agreed. i would blow this **** the **** up. i doubt jed steps down, but i would begin with hiring someone to run the football ops. i think merton hanks would be perfect. 

let merton find a new GM, who finds his own coach, so on and so on.

Last edited:
Who would be legit HC canidates?

DC from Seattle, josh mcdaniels, david shaaw.

DC canidates?

Would anyone want to come here?

hope something turns around for y'all for real, it's terrible when the owner gets too involved. :smh:

******* crazy, but there's a realistic chance jim o'neil survives all of this and is here next season. chip refused to fire billy davis in philly; history is looking to repeat itself. :x  

Absolutely unacceptable for that ****bag to still be employed, let alone be brought back for another year.

Jason_OTC
‏@Jason_OTC

Least contract money invested in top 53 man roster

1.Cle- 96M
2. SF- 108M
3. TB- 120M
4. Det- 125M
5. Chi- 126M
6. Hou- 127M

Are the yorks being cheap with the roster?

If Jed is about winning and his focus is to turn the franchise around, he should have stepped in and forced the firing of O'Neal. 

But he's probably just sitting back counting his money giving no dambs about the franchise.

trevor siemian is straight garbage, and you also got paxton lynch just chilling on the bench, a guy you invested a first-round pick in. 
laugh.gif
sick.gif

it all starts with the QB in this league. if you don't have a qb, you aint doing ****.
Paxton Lynch is a better QB behind a better line. 

If Jed is about winning and his focus is to turn the franchise around, he should have stepped in and forced the firing of O'Neal. 

But he's probably just sitting back counting his money giving no dambs about the franchise.
My family and neighbors are still riding with the niners faithful but have pretty much separated the ownership from the team. 

[h1]Source: Kelly and Baalke headed for a collision course[/h1]
SANTA CLARA — The more Chip Kelly keeps losing football games, the more he appears to be headed for a “collison course” year-end meeting with GM Trent Baalke, a source in Santa Clara tells KNBR.com

With nearly an identical roster, the San Francisco 49ers are a worse football team than they were a year ago. That’s almost impossible to fathom and it’s going to put pressure on Kelly with eight games still remaining.

For as much crap as we’ve thrown Baalke’s way, he’s going to have a clear argument to make to CEO Jed York after the season: Kelly has been a less productive football coach for us than Jim Tomsula, and we need another do-over.

Now most of us would agree, Baalke is more responsible for this tangled mess the 49ers currently sit in, and he’s been driving the bus for years. You can’t win many football games with Quinton Patton starting at wide receiver, or when first-round picks are not making any type of impact on defense, or when you don’t have a legitimate quarterback. Baalke’s strategy of completely ignoring free agency might be his biggest sin. This football team has little depth now that injuries have depleted it.

But Kelly’s faults are starting to surface: He hired defensive coordinator Jim O’Neil, he’s created a laissez faire culture in the locker room and he didn’t lobby hard enough for a new quarterback last offseason, instead putting his eggs in Colin Kaepernick’s basket.

It’s also the way the 49ers have been losing. The team is allowing 37 points per game since a Week 1 shutout, the offense is averaging just 5.0 yards per play and sloppy turnovers have become habitual. In their last three games against the mediocre Bills, Buccaneers and Saints, the 49ers have been outscored 55-9 in the second half. The defense is on pace to shatter all types of records — and not good ones. This falling-off-the-cliff type of season can’t be solely pinned on a lack of talent anymore.

Kelly’s number one strength, though, is that he’s built believers in the locker room. Part of it had to do with him creating a more likable version of himself, part of it has to do with how well he handled the Kaepernick protest, part of it has do with his innovative X’s and O’s mind. Kelly will impress you in the film room with an array of concepts.

And you won’t find one veteran who will even question the coaching staff, which York should take note of.

“You can’t put this on the coaches,” Antoine Bethea said after a seventh straight loss, “not at all.”

What makes this debacle more intriguing, is that there have been zero reports of friction between Kelly and Baalke. For all we know, the pair of 49ers power players could get along well. But if the franchise has any type of backbone, someone is headed for the guillotine. The finger-pointing is about to ramp up. That’s human nature.

As linebacker Eli Harold said in the locker room Sunday, the 49ers aren’t just bad, they are the laughingstock of the league. You can’t enter next season without a major change of some sort, and relieving O’Neil of his duties won’t be enough.

The ball is obviously in York’s court. If York were to fire Kelly after just one season, and continue to pledge his undying loyalty to Baalke, it would be viewed as a disaster around league circles. A new head coach in 2017 would be the 49ers’s fourth in four seasons — a frightening number that shows York, and Baalke, don’t know how to identify the proper leaders.

So while many 49ers fans are fine with this team going 1-15 to earn a top draft pick, York might not be okay with that sentiment. The only real way for Kelly to feel comfortable about his job status is to win a few of the remaining eight games. Even though wins would feel like conciliation prizes at this point, Kelly may need them for his reputation.

There is another concern: If York does opt to keep Kelly and hire a new general manager (what I would do), that said GM might not be fully onboard with Kelly. York could make it a prerequisite for the new GM to work cohesively with Kelly, but it would create another uncertain power structure.

Promoting assistant Tom Gamble from within has been long suggested, but the argument can be made the 49ers really need a new set of eyes if they want to see real changes.

The biggest matchup left in the season for the 49ers isn’t the Cardinals, or the Patriots or the once-rival Seahawks.

It’s Kelly vs. Baalke, and because of York’s checkered history in decision-making, we really have no idea who will win.

anyone listening to knbr ? did i just hear that right? 49ers are giving up more rushing yards BEFORE CONTACT than 24 other teams are giving up in total rushing yards....

WTF

Last edited:
already starting to the narrative of "injuries" leaking out of santa clara as the reason for being historically bad on defense. 

smh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom