:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was pretty upset when we didn't re-sign him, but I swear to God if 'Los is not the guy we thought to be...and we let go of Frankie G for his fragility...I think I'm gonna lose it

Los can't stay healthy. Mike Davis is a huge disappointment. Dujuan Harris is our best RB....all of the sudden RB is a big need. 
sick.gif

QB

ILB

WR

RB
OLB

all needs going into the draft. This is a good draft for OLB and RB, so we should have plenty of good options. 

Last edited:
I miss Gore. I'm sure he could have still produced the numbers he's currently producing in Indy.

But of course, he wanted out lol

Los can't stay healthy. Mike Davis is a huge disappointment. Dujuan Harris is our best RB....all of the sudden RB is a big need. 
sick.gif

QB

ILB

WR

RB
OLB

all needs going into the draft. This is a good draft for OLB and RB, so we should have plenty of good options. 
Is there really a position we dont need?  Maaaaybe offensive line?  

QB

RB

TE

WR

ILB

OLB

DL (which is ridiculous to be a need)

CB

S

P

That pretty much covers it.

DL is not a need; it needs to be coached up.

I'm not surprised you think we need help on defense. After all, you thought jim O'Neil was doing an okay job. LOL smfh

Last edited:
Top needs

1. QB
2. WR
3. ILB
4.OLB
5. NT
6. TE
7. RB

I would rather the niners find a trade parther in the draft and starts scrating off the needs using BPA

Adding on, many of those needs are affected because of injuries, more obvious is ILB. Also NT with ian out. Hopefully next year this team can stay health. At ILB a healty duo of ray ray and navarro is a good one. Hopefully bowman makes a great recovery

good thing about true 2-gapping NT's is you can find them late in the draft or sign them as UDFA ie ian williams. they really only get drafted if they can get after the quarterback, which few do--hence why few teams put a premium on that position.

however, i don't think it's a coincidence that mike purcell became a bum once jim o'neil arrived. he looked very promising last season.

Purcell-Tackle-01.0.gif

purcell blowing up the middle of the line; gerald hodges flying to the ball

l0OWhrGIqihFCIO0o.0.gif

it's funny how many guys have plummeted under o'neil. jim o'neil has single-handedly stunted so many of our young players' growth; many have even regressed.

Last edited:
DL is not a need; it needs to be coached up.

I'm not surprised you think we need help on defense. After all, you thought jim O'Neil was doing an okay job. LOL smfh
Dude, you need to get off that.  The main point when that even came out of my mouth was the fact that we have terrible players on defense.  Doesnt matter if Fangio came back.  This defense would be one of the worst in the league.  My point was supposed to be player focused, but you chose to focus elsewhere.  Whatever.

DL is absolutely a need.  We dont have any defensive linemen that are playing better than expected.  All worse.  If you want to take that "they just need to be coached up" excuse, you could apply that to almost any position we have that is struggling.

Doesnt matter if Fangio came back.  This defense would be one of the worst in the league.  My point was supposed to be player focused, but you chose to focus elsewhere.  Whatever.
except fangio is doing more in chicago with less. the bears, in the second year of their transitional rehaul to a 3-4, have the 11 overall defense in the NFL. can you name 5 players on their defense? 
 DL is absolutely a need. We dont have any defensive linemen that are playing better than expected. All worse. If you want to take that "they just need to be coached up" excuse, you could apply that to almost any position we have that is struggling.
DL has plenty of talent. it's not their fault they're being asked to execute some ridiculously convoluted scheme and not being used to their strengths. you have 3-4 personnel being asked to shoot gaps and chase through the backdoor. can't count how many times i've seen our OLBs asked to get upfield instead of staying home and forcing the play back in. smh.

you literally thought jim o'neil was doing an okay job... this clearly illustrates how clueless you are to what you are seeing. the man is shattering records and rolling out historically bad performances week after week.

Last edited:

Doesnt matter if Fangio came back.  This defense would be one of the worst in the league.  My point was supposed to be player focused, but you chose to focus elsewhere.  Whatever.
except fangio is doing more in chicago with less. can you name 5 players on their defense? 
 DL is absolutely a need. We dont have any defensive linemen that are playing better than expected. All worse. If you want to take that "they just need to be coached up" excuse, you could apply that to almost any position we have that is struggling.
DL has plenty of talent. it's not their fault they're being asked to execute some ridiculously convoluted scheme and not being used to their strengths. you have 3-4 personnel being asked to shoot gaps and chase through the backdoor. smh.

you literally thought jim o'neil was doing an okay job? this clearly illustrates how clueless you are to what you are seeing. the man is shattering historically bad records week after week.
Could I name 5 Bears defensive players?  Yes.  But the common football fan probably couldnt.  Then again, I dont know if the common football fan could name more than 1 or 2 Niner defensive players either, so I am not sure what the point you are trying to prove here.

As far as JON goes, I am not going to respond to this again.  You are taking the literal words I said and are focusing more on them more than the point I was trying to make.....that our defensive players are awful and mostly replacement level. 

you clearly are not qualified to call any player awful. sorry.

Last edited:
if the players are "awful replacement level", why is there such a drop from last year to this year ? the defensive roster is almost identical, and mangini--a very mediocre DC--at the very least, had the defense playing well at home. why weren't we shattering records and setting historically bad performances last season?

what do you attribute the difference of 56 points allowed at home through 5 games to? 2016:132(0,24,33,34,41) 2015: 76(3,17,20,20,16)

do believe bowman is a "replacement level" player??? because the run defense was getting gashed before he got hurt. 

lol the #1 concern i had coming into this season was jim o'neil. look it up. the guy has been terrible everywhere he's been. there's a reason danny shelton is playing at an all-pro level this season after being labeled a bust last season. 
laugh.gif

here's a hint: it's not the personnel.

the only players unequivocally awful and replaceable are the LBs, but we were getting gashed with bowman in there too, which should CLEARLY tell the problem lies elsewhere. 

Last edited:
check this out: danny shelton went from "awful" and "replacement" player to PFF's midseason all-pro team: 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-pff-midseason-all-pro-team/

Nose tackle: Danny Shelton, Cleveland Browns, 82.6

Nose tackle may be a dying position, but there are still enough of them out there to warrant recognition on the PFF Midseason All-Pro team, and the best this year has been Cleveland’s Danny Shelton. Shelton has begun to show the promise that his college career demonstrated, leading all defensive interior players with 30 stops on the season; he’s also been a force against the run.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
That Jim oneil is a bad DC he is horrible. Even stevie can see his scheme is garbage. Proven track record with cleveland. A couple days ago the talk came about here that now shelton was labeled as bust now he is pro bowl player. (Didnt se red pulled up the post)

But defense is underachieving like no other.

Last edited:
Perfect world, Jed steps away never to be heard or seen from again, chip goes back to college along with all his coaches.

49ers start off fresh with new hc and QB.
Lets go of all Qbs in the curremt roster.
I wouldnt be opposed of drafting 3 QBs, we have to hit on one.

Reality though

Jed is let go of Baalke, blames poor depth a roster and sticks with all the coaches for another :x year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom