:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Would the Niners really consider keeping Kaep? lol
I think you have to. Kap is playing at a pretty good level right now, and it would allow us to groom our rookie QB slowly. Don't want to rush whoever we take onto the field.

The front office better be mending that relationship as we speak. Jed committing $1 million to Kap's cause was a step in the right direction.

If Kap does bounce, I think that cements our first-round pick being a QB.
If we don't keep Kaep we trade for Jimmy G?
The more I think about, the less I think Jimmy G is plausible. Someone is going to offer the Patriots a first round pick. Ours is going to be way too early to give it up.

Last edited:
This draft's pass rushing class, especially the edge guys, is going to be equivalent to the 2014 WR class. It's going to be historically good. So many good players.

Even if we miss out on Myles Garrett, we should still be able to get a stud.

Last edited:
Seattle signed Kelvin Taylor. Surprise, surprise. Maybe if Baalke gets fired, he'll have a job waiting for him up there since they love to pick up his guys.

Would the Niners really consider keeping Kaep? lol
Yes, he's playing better than ever and we have no other feasible choices at the moment. It isn't even up to us anymore he can't opt out and if he does I imagine at least 3 teams that might make him an offer immediately. (Broncos, Browns, Bears). 

At this point with how CK is playing I'd consider us "lucky" if he stays. Only reason he might is because the $ on the table here if he continues is much bigger than the other teams will be comfortable initially offering, which is part of why we didn't trade him to Denver this offseason.

If he opts out I could easily see Kaep starting in Denver next season, Elway is well known to have a hardon for him, a fully back Kaep with that scary defense could easily signal the return of 2012 SB bound Kaep. 
If we don't keep Kaep we trade for Jimmy G?
Hoodie will want our 1st and we can't pass on Myles Garret, our potential top 3 pick too steep a toll to bear. Only way I could see it working would be a series of trades where we give up players and future picks for another later 1st round pick and offer up that as an evil sacrifice to the hooded god.  

The minute she broke it off with Aldon he fell off.
nerd.gif
Til his *** come back Friday and start tearing **** up

[h1]49ers notes: Kaepernick puts San Jose home up for sale[/h1]
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Colin Kaepernick, who can opt out of his 49ers contract in March, is selling his San Jose home, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Kaepernick bought the 4,600-square foot home in the Silver Lake neighborhood four years ago and is asking for $2.9 million for the four-bedroom house.

Kaepernick went through the roughest season of his career a year ago, but has been on an upswing since taking over the starting quarterback job from Blaine Gabbert six weeks ago.

On Tuesday, he was asked if continuity -- staying with Chip Kelly and the 49ers in 2017 -- was important to him.

“I’m focused on Chicago this week. I’m not thinking that far down the road," he said. "But that’s very true as far as quarterbacks being in a system that they’re familiar with, they’re familiar with the coach, why they’re calling plays, they’re on the same page so when you step on that field you know exactly why your coach is calling that play, what his intent is and what you’re trying to get done.”

Several teams, including the New York Jets, the Browns and perhaps the Bears, are expected to be in the market for a quarterback in the offseason.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article118213598.html#storylink=cpy
least we'll get a juicy comp pick. 

Last edited:

least we'll get a juicy comp pick. 
Not really worth it tho. 

Kaep --> Denver, Chicago, New York, or Cleveland.

Soon to haunt us by putting up W's for other teams. With Denver's defense Kaep could be right back in the same seat he was with us in 2012 if he plays well. 

A decade later on down the road they'll still be figuring out how we mismanaged such a great roster into oblivion. 

Last edited:
it is what it is. if he's out, he's out. we can't really do anything about it.

we have to look to the future. time to start falling in love with one of these names: mitch trubisky, deshaun watson, luke falk, patrick mahomes

any clemson fans in here? i love their skill players. williams, leggett and gallman are all quality players.

Last edited:

it is what it is. if he's out, he's out. we can't really do anything about it.
just sucks his play seems to be inversely proportional to his contract, when he's a rookie on a small contract he tears **** up, when we sign him to a huge contract he regresses, so we give him a new deal that lets us out next season and suddenly he's closing in on being back to form. 49ers franchise curse confirmed. 

we have to look to the future. time to start falling in love with one of these names: mitch trubisky, deshaun watson, luke falk, patrick mahomes
But how do we get them? Unless we engineer a tradeup we can't get Garrett and any of those guys with what we have, needless to say they'll be gone by our next pick. 

no garrett for us. 
frown.gif

well, luke falk and patrick mahomes are 2nd/3rd round prospects, so we could grab garrett+one of them. the problem is both are leaning towards staying in school.

Last edited:
Back to square one? Isn't that where we're at?
No, we were at square 2, wherein we draft Myles Garrett and retain the signal calling services of Colin Kaepernick but given A. Cutler is ruled out for the season B. The Bears already used their IR designation therefore must start Matt Barkley, meaning we will probably win and lose draft position and C. Colin Kaepernick just put his house up for sale we back the **** at square one 
frown.gif

Kaepernick going to ball out this weekend he's auditioning for his next starting position and we about to be left with nothing but our ***** in our hands as far as QB goes. 

Last edited:
Kap says the decision to sell his house is an "investment decision".

make of it what you will. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
if we miss out on myles garrett, there will still be plenty of great pass rushing prospects available. draft is stupid deep in edge rushers. i talked about devonte fields earlier, but here's another one of my personal favorites:

UW's joe mathis 6'2" 255 lbs. dude is a bully. kind of reminds me of a young ahmad brooks. powerful, compact build. stout in the run game.  generates a lot of explosiveness off the line, but can also win with speed.

he straight up dominated against stanford. i have no clue where he'll go. maybe late day 2, maybe day 3, because of how deep the draft is. he's also currently recovering a foot injury.

speed->power. manhandled the RT.

3abp47JjZdtrW.gif

dip around the corner

XOgIFzE3WwmVq.gif

bends the corner again, takes on the RB(mcaffrey) and pushes him aside

XKgpabLQ93G0w.gif

Last edited:
this is not meant to attack anyone's desire to pick myles garrett, but haven't we used our last two first round picks on defensive ends who are very capable of generating QB pressure? if we picked up garrett, what would happen with Defo or Armstead? truth me told, I haven't watched myles garrett so i'm entirely ignorant of his position and play, but could he be used as an OLB? Lynchmobb on one end, Garrett on the other?

Completely different positions.

Myles Garrett is an OLB in our scheme. He plays on the edge. Think Ahmad/Aldon/Lynch/Eli. 

Defo and AA are interior guys(4/5 techs). Think Justin Smith/Ray McDonald.

he already plays a lot standing up. the guys is stupid athletic.
myles-1.0.gif

1-2.gif

front would be Lynch - AA - Defo - Garrett

schwing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom