:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
via Matt Barrows

A year ago, the 49ers played five games in prime time. However, the only one at Levi's Stadium that came on a weekday night was on Thanksgiving. In the inaugural season for the stadium, league officials were worried about parking and traffic on week nights since the venue stands amidst office parks, which also supply some of the parking spaces.

Team CEO Jed York said last month at the owners meeting that the 49ers have been cleared to host weekday night games this season. The 49ers haven't faced the Vikings since 2012 when they lost 24-13 in Minnesota.

The 49ers also will host a prime time games, Thursday, Oct. 22 against the Seahawks and Sunday, Dec. 20 against the Bengals. They will play at the Giants on Sunday, Oct. 11 in prime time.

@Lo86  my taxes pay for you and your mom's internet and housing. Fall back, boy. Dont make me make a call to the Alameda public housing and get your section 8 privileges revoked.

Last edited:
@49ersaaron8
 you see those reports of Jalen Collins failing multiple drug tests at LSU?
Yeah he will slip slightly now. Along with Gregory you know the bengals love guys like that so I can see either or falling to that 20 range. Draft gonna be hella interesting. The influx of juniors really makes for a real talented pool of players recently.

Last edited:
 Sean Mannion would be an excellent pick to project as a back up QB with some upside. He could exceed expectations with some good coaching. Mannion is a murderer with the touch passes.
pimp.gif
 He's a complete 180 from Kap as a QB.

STRENGTHS: sports an NFL-caliber frame, has the arm to make every throw and is a classic drop-back passer with limited mobility. When he feels secure in the pocket and has the time to step into his throws correctly, Mannion's touch on intermediate and vertical passes is as impressive as any quarterback in the country. He lofts the ball with perfect trajectory over the shoulder of his receivers and allows them to go get it, demonstrating pinpoint accuracy to lead his target away from defenders.
Mannion has an easy, natural throwing motion and he's well-versed in coach Mike Riley's pro-style offense, which asks him to take snaps from under center as well as from the gun. While he can drive the ball when needed, it cruises, rather than explodes out of his hand. The result is that Mannion's passes look effort-less but there is some question as to whether he has the top-notch velocity to significantly boost his stock this season.

WEAKNESSES:  Lacks mobility. Where Mannion can improve is poise under pressure. Mannion is intelligent and typically is able to read defenses prior to the snap. When he's fooled and his primary read is taken away, he has a tendency to drop back further into the pocket, rather than stepping up. Mannion is willing to absorb a hit to complete the pass, but too often does so while falling back (rather than stepping into his passes), erasing some of the zip and accuracy from his throws.
I just wish we had a feel for what this new offensive staff wants to do. A lot of ambiguity there.

Last edited:
When would we draft Mannion?  Isn't he the all-time leader in passing yards for the Pac-12 so it's not like he's flying under the radar.

49ers historian Mannion on speaking terms with boyhood team

Ask Sean Mannion about the 49ers and the former Oregon State quarterback morphs from draft prospect to franchise historian: He launches into Steve Young’s zig-zag touchdown scramble against the Vikings, Garrison Heart’s 96-yard run against the Jets, Terrell Owens’ game-winning playoff catch in traffic against the Packers …

Yes, Mannion, a Pleasanton native who starred at Foothill High, grew up bleeding red and gold, so it’s no wonder a highlight of his pre-draft experience has been meeting a prominent 49ers figure from his childhood.

“I did a show (“Game Changers”) with Steve Mariucci on NFL Network I was just telling him all these old memories that I have being a 49ers fan,” Mannion said in a phone interview. “It was really cool talking to Steve Mariucci about the team … My dad grew up in the Bay Area so he grew up a Niner fan when they had Montana and Rice and all those guys. The 49ers games were always on when I was growing up.”

Mannion, 23, the Pac-12’s career leader in passing yards who is projected to be a mid-round pick, has spent time with his boyhood team over the past few months. Mannion (6-6, 229) has had conversations with the 49ers at the Senior Bowl, combine and at Oregon State’s pro day, although he said he’s received similar interest from a large group of NFL teams (he’s had private workouts with the Rams and Cowboys).

The 49ers will likely use one of their nine draft picks on a quarterback: Colin Kaepernick and Blaine Gabbert are their only quarterbacks on the roster. Would Mannion prefer to play in Santa Clara? He acknowledged his connection to the 49ers, but said he hopes to land with whatever team gives him the best chance to blossom.

“As you get closer to the draft, it really becomes a situation where you have no preference at all,” he said. “You just want to go somewhere where you have a good opportunity.”

Back
Top Bottom