:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To LMJs credit he did good as a rookie RB filling in for Hunter last season, and he did help set up the niners with good field position and eventual wins on a few of his returns (NE, ARZ, GB come to mind). Doubt hes going anywhere with how much hes owed and the amount hes used; he's not AJ Jenkins. Harbaugh/Roman just doesnt know how to use him correctly.

To LMJs credit he did good as a rookie RB filling in for Hunter last season, and he did help set up the niners with good field position and eventual wins on a few of his returns (NE, ARZ, GB come to mind). Doubt hes going anywhere with how much hes owed and the amount hes used; he's not AJ Jenkins. Harbaugh/Roman just doesnt know how to use him correctly.
LMJ is nowhere near as bad as Dland makes him out to be, his role needs to change, he should be on the field on 3rd downs, he should be our version of sproles

Unlikely but there's a small chance we could be going into training camp with Kendall Hunter as the only seasoned RB on the roster. 
nerd.gif
 Boobie gone to free agency, LMJ traded and Gore/Niner problems over asking to take less money. I really thought there was no way in hell the Niners would cut Gore but with the amount of money he's due I could see it happening especially with Lattimore on deck.
I think gore will take less to stay w/ the team, money is one thing, but i think they (the players) will try to help keep together within reason

LMJ is nowhere near as bad as Dland makes him out to be, his role needs to change, he should be on the field on 3rd downs, he should be our version of sproles
I'm not making him out to be some awful player.  I am simply noting that of all the attributes that make a successful running back (vision, burst, strength, elusiveness, ball security, etc), LaMichael James is not exceptional in ANY of them.  He is downright terrible in some, and decent in others.  But of all running backs who make any sort of impact for their team, they are incredible in at least one of those qualities.  The better backs are great in multiple.  James is great in none.

LMJ has no spot on this team. His skillset and attributes brought to the table do not fit with what Roman and Harbaugh want to do on offense. I don't know why Trent Baalke WASTED a 2nd round pick. That entire draft was a huge failure while the Seahawks KILLED theirs and is now prospering from it.

Last edited:
That entire draft was a huge failure while the Seahawks KILLED theirs and is now prospering from it.

this is why I said before the window is still very open for us as long as we don't throw up any more recruiting class duds like 2012. That will destroy any chances of continued success. Which is why Tank, Marcus, Corey, Vance, and the rest of the 2013 class have to continue to develop into key contributor/starters

2011 was an amazing draft, 2010 was solid as well(bowman might be baalke's best pick to date for where he took him) and we've yet to see what the class of '13 can truly do but Baalke needs to hit in this upcoming draft. A lot of our young stars are about to get paid and this is where teams fall the !@#$ off if they don't continue drafting well. Cannot have a repeat of 2012. 
mean.gif

- The play calling needs to improve and more be tailored to Kap's strengths. It looked like Kap wasn't comfortable with a lot of the plays that were called in, which led to late audibles, forced reads, and delay of games.

- The dive to Gore was used on 1st down so much the last 4 games that teams started blocking the middle in anticipation, and the play was usually wasted for no gain. More passes on first down!

- Secondary has to keep the balance between playing aggressive and maintaining their assignments. Think Hanks, Pope, and Sanders.

those were powers not dives(power G is what the niners primarily use as their run concept). you dont really see the niners use a dive that much because they like using a fullback lead to kick out and swing those nimble backside guards.

and the calls aint changing as long as the mad scientist g-ro is around.

the secondary played excellent IMO. vic fangio called an amazing set of games in the playoffs dialing up blitzes at the right time.

i feel like a dope fiend going thru withdrawals without my niners. draft needs to get here soon. 
sick.gif
 might not make it. 
sick.gif

Last edited:
LMJ has no spot on this team. His skillset and attributes brought to the table do not fit with what Roman and Harbaugh want to do on offense.

Agree with this. He doesnt see many snaps at RB during a game because they prefer big backs who can run between the tackles and pass protect. The only reason they would put him in the game was to give him a designed play. Teams noticed every time he came into the game it was a designed play so he wasnt able to make anything out of those plays. Ill exaggerate and say 90% of the plays he ran were to the outside as well. Basically wasted plays.

There was talk last week that Adam Snyder is just as good as mike Iupati. I was watching some games from last year and this year and the way Iupati swings and pulls is uncanny looks like he moves like a 280 lb man. He missed some pass protection here and now and there were people on here ready to call him a Bum it seemed like. My opinion best run grader in the league. Mauler

Last edited:
If LMJ has to go then we need to draft De'anthony Thomas in the 3rd from Oregon and replace him. He has experience returning kicks ,punts, catches well ,uses hands not body. An upgrade at the very least special teams wise. kind of worry bout any PAC 12 player that's good is gonna get snatched up by seattle.

Last edited:
There was talk last week that Adam Snyder is just as good as mike Iupati. I was watching some games from last year and this year and the way Iupati swings and pulls is uncanny looks like he moves like a 280 lb man. He missed some pass protection here and now and there were people on here ready to call him a Bum it seemed like. My opinion best run grader in the league. Mauler
yup people forget how dominant this dude was the year prior. he was hurt all year this year. i have no doubt he'll be back to being one of the best OG next year. unfortunately i dont think we'll be able to keep him after that.

Yeah I don't think so either. But if we extend him this offseason there's a chance we can get him cheaper.

If LMJ has to go then we need to draft De'anthony Thomas in the 3rd from Oregon and replace him. He has experience returning kicks ,punts, catches well ,uses hands not body. An upgrade at the very least special teams wise. kind of worry bout any PAC 12 player that's good is gonna get snatched up by seattle.

We could get him much later. Hes projected to go in the 6th-7th round on a couple sites.

Yeah but his versatility and timed speed will push him into late 2nd early third IMO. Also he wouldn't have committed early if he was thought of as a late round guy. Don't read Into too many projections quite yet. He's the answer special teams wise just hope Baalke has seen what the kid can do.

Last edited:
No, NO, NO, NO!!!!

Oregon players suck in the NFL. Especially offensive players.  Sorry @Chester McFloppy, but its the truth.  I want no part in drafting another Oregon player....especially a running back ever again. 

Last edited:
highly unlikely this regime will ever draft another oregon scatback again and hopefully no scatbacks at all only because they dont know how to utilize them.

if we dont re-sign boldin we better draft someone with similar skillset and attitude like jarvis landry. i want this guy on the niners!

Last edited:
That statement can't be anymore false. Haloti Ngata, Jarius Byrd both pro bowlers Kiko alonso TJ ward on the defensive side of the ball. Constantly pumping out O-linemen that have long NFL careers. LMJ obviously isnt what we thought he could be. Joey Harrington was a bust but, its unfair to say they aren't a team that consistently brings talent to the draft by way of their program.

I like Landry and Beckham think they will both be future pro bowlers. Even like the kid who threw them the rock Mettenberger wouldn't mind making him our 2nd string QB

Last edited:
maybe we should draft both LSU receivers
devil.gif

or maybe we should draft all of their eligible players.
devil.gif
loston at safety to reunite with reid, landry and beckham at WR and mettenberger as backup QB.

Last edited:
Matthews, Robinson, Landry or Beckham and we stay put and get them I'm Hyphy. All these guys possess ability to go vertical. But so does Jon Baldwin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom