:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

While we have all posted and reflected about the past season, there is something I wanted to bring up because of how much talk there has been on this subject.  Recently, I have heard it countless times on different sports talk radio programs, as well as read a few articles, about what it is going to take for the 49ers to overtake the Seahawks as the best team in the NFC West again.  People have different theories and ideas, but ultimately, they seem to agree on one thing:  that we need to do something to sway the tides back in our favor.

Well, I am going to show you guys that I dont agree with that at all.  What I am about to post may be construed by some as hate on the Seahawks, or not acknowledging how good they truly are.  Stop.  The Seahawks are clearly legit.  Clearly one of the best teams in all of football.  BUT, I dont really think people understand how truly lucky they were this past season.  They literally had EVERYTHING go right for them. 

Examples:
  • Week One against the Panthers.  DeAngelo Williams fumbled on the 8 yard line with less than 5 minutes left in the game (down 12-7).  If he simply goes down, the Panthers are first and goal from the 8 yard line.  Not to say they clearly would have scored, but they very easily could have.  The Panthers were in the middle of 72 yard drive.  The fumble ends the game.
  • Week Four against the Texans.  There is a little more than 5 minutes left in the game, and with the Seahawks down by 7, and Russell Wilson throws a pick in Texans territory.  Then, Matt Schaub inexplicably throws a pick 6, instead of simply trying to run clock.  The game goes to overtime and the Seahawks win in overtime.
  • Week Eight against the Rams.  The Seahawks could do nothing offensively this entire game.  Down 14-9 with less than a minute to go, the Rams had first and goal from the 6  yard line with 3 timeouts left.  You know the story.  Richardson gets to the 2 yard line on first down, Clemons throws an incompletion on second down, Richardson gets stuffed on third down and Clemons throws another incompletion on 4th down.  Game over.
  • Week Nine against the Bucs.  Now we all know the Bucs are terrible, but they had a 21-0 lead in this game at one point.  They had a 10 point 4th quarter lead.  I know good teams figure out a way to win, and bad teams figure out a way to lose, but when you are down 3 touchdowns, you need almost everything to go right to win the game.  For the Seahawks, everything did, and they won in overtime.
If ANY ONE of these four bullet points dont go Seattle's way, the 49ers win the division.  If any one of these bullet points happen, the road to the Superbowl goes through Candlestick....a place the Seahawks haven't won at since 2008.

Now flip it.  Look at these examples that go against the Niners:
  • Week 10 against the Panthers.  We are struggling offensively all game long.  Close to the end of the game, Kaepernick throws a beautiful pass down the seem to Vance McDonald that he drops.  He catches the ball, we are in field goal range, and win the game.
  • Week 11 against the Saints.  If the refs keep their flags in their pocket with the Brooks sack/strip/fumble recovery like they should have, we win the game. 
Now, regardless of all those things that went right for Seattle, if any of these two bullets that went against the Niners go the other direction......the 49ers win the division.

Anyways, sorry for the rant.  I just have been hearing a ton of talk lately about what we need to do to beat the Seahawks.  And all I am saying is that this "we need to do ____ and _____ to beat Seattle" talk is crazy to me.  We can beat them without making huge changes.  They were just a team of destiny last season as, like I illustrated, they had so many things go their way in their quest for the Superbowl.....when the fact is that if just ONE of the many things I listed went the other direction, these endless conversations dont even happen.
excellent post. me and my buddy were just talking about they had a year where everything fell into place for them. winning it all is not just about being a great team, but having breaks go your way too. Need both to win it all. 49ers have had so many bad breaks in the last 3 years. The one that sticks out to me and I rarely hear anyone talk about is the ahmad bradshaw fumble. Tell me this isn't the biggest bs early whistle you've ever seen???

Bo with another forced fumble in a NFCC game that was taken away from us.

Last edited:
Prisco is pretty knowledgeable, but Roby has adequate size. Far from good or great. His strengths are speed and athleticism.

While we have all posted and reflected about the past season, there is something I wanted to bring up because of how much talk there has been on this subject.  Recently, I have heard it countless times on different sports talk radio programs, as well as read a few articles, about what it is going to take for the 49ers to overtake the Seahawks as the best team in the NFC West again.  People have different theories and ideas, but ultimately, they seem to agree on one thing:  that we need to do something to sway the tides back in our favor.
'

To me it's quite simple really. We need to go and win in Seattle. Once that psychological and emotional barrier is overcome we become the best team.

'

To me it's quite simple really. We need to go and win in Seattle. Once that psychological and emotional barrier is overcome we become the best team.
But why?  I dont agree with this at all.  So we cant win in a place where all but one team has failed to win at in recent times.  I dont buy for one second that it is a psychological and emotional barrier to overcome.

The Seahawks havent won in San Francisco since 2008.  They didnt have this so called barrier to overcome to win the West last season.

Unfortunately luck has to do with a lot in regards to winning chamionships. I do agree that some individuals in the media (Ratto) need to stop talking as if the Niners were not good enough to beat Seattle. How much better can you actually build a team?

Starting to like Hageman never watched Minnesota all year but he is a one man rodeo over there.

Last edited:
hageman is a good prospect especially with the best defensive line coach in the league behind him. dude is huge yet versatile, good motor and can play 0, 3 and 5 tech in our defense just how fangio and tomsula like em. he might be just a liiiiiiil light to play 0 but i think he can put on another 20 and carry it well. i would only grab him if he slips tho. honestly feel like this height could go against him. hes so tall and his weight is distributed really well which in his case could be a bad thing :stoneface: . with another 20lbs and good coaching this guy could be a monster.

Last edited:
Yeah Red I'm on this Ra'shede wagon now . An in the 2nd that corner you like Fuller sold after the highlight tape. What do you think about Ba'shaud Breeland I'm reading his stock is rising.

But why?  I dont agree with this at all.  So we cant win in a place where all but one team has failed to win at in recent times.  I dont buy for one second that it is a psychological and emotional barrier to overcome.

The Seahawks havent won in San Francisco since 2008.  They didnt have this so called barrier to overcome to win the West last season.

IMO, this team's needs are not as glaring as the 92-93 teams that needed a shutdown corner to overcome Dallas. I think the main keys are Kap's improvement as a QB and continuity from the offensive skill positions (Crabtree/Boldin/Davis/McDonald).

Last edited:
Yeah Red I'm on this Ra'shede wagon now . An in the 2nd that corner you like Fuller sold after the highlight tape. What do you think about Ba'shaud Breeland I'm reading his stock is rising.
Injury plagued in '12. Entered early because he has a kid like Martavis. Good closing speed. Not afraid to thump.

Hageman is perfect for SF. Stash, developmental type. Crazy physical tools and frame, but very raw and still learning the game. He'll need 16-24 games before making a serious NFL impact.

Injury plagued in '12. Entered early because he has a kid like Martavis. Good closing speed. Not afraid to thump.

Hageman is perfect for SF. Stash, developmental type. Crazy physical tools and frame, but very raw and still learning the game. He'll need 16-24 games before making a serious NFL impact.
you sure as hell know your draft prospects bro.

Our team seems to get burned by bad calls. That Bradshaw fumble is hard to stomach years later.

I'm the type when a play happens like that I say the hell with it next play lets go. So that play had really been removed from my memory. But terrible call at the time.

[QUOTE url="/t/580987/official-san-francisco-49ers-2014-2015-season-thread/500_20#post_19818812"]
Im heading to SF guys, for a quick vacation :lol:

any way to get alcatraz tour tickets? they sold out on the website
A little more expensive, but you get more than just a visit to Alcatraz: www.reservealcatraz.com
[/quote]

Was able to walk up this morning and get night tour tickets. So stoked. This city is beautiful

you sure as hell know your draft prospects bro.
Thanks, brotha. Love college sports more than most. I follow these kids from high school just to get a head start.

I'm only in this thread to provide Draft insight and because Kaep is one of my favorite players in the league.

Is that really G ro. You say **** to him red?

Yeah it was him. I gave him a dirty *** look and he looked away like oh **** someone recognizes me. I was going to go talk to him but he was with his family so I didn't bother.

Back
Top Bottom