:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pretty sure Boldin will be back but regardless we still need one more Receiver. Manningham is as good as gone. Patton has the clear edge over Baldwin but like I said another receiver is needed regardless.

As far as safety is concerned I really hope we resign Whitner. Reid has shown a lot of potential but if we part ways might we be "too inexperienced" at the safety position? Could we really afford to have both players leaning on the job ( Reid a second year player and a rookie if we went that rout in the draft)... maybe but I'd rather not risk it if possible.

CB- Wouldn't mind picking up another corner in the 3rd or 4th round. Hopefully Chris Culliver can stay healthy and he's ready to get after it.

TE- Vernon... then what.... Vance Mcdonald
mean.gif

PR- CAN NO ELSE ON THE TEAM RETURN PUNTS? At this point I just want someone that can haul in a fair catch. Anything else would be a bonus. If we don't have a capable person hopefully we can address this through free agency.
I don't know why(maybe it's because the draft is deep in WR and we cant afford to pay everyone) but i'm starting to get the feeling Q aint coming back.
frown.gif

I agree with your point about our safeties especially with how complex our coverages are. Whitner is the one who directs the coverages too.

Drafting a cornerback is not an option but rather a must. We could lose Tarrell Brown, Carlos Rogers, Parrish Cox and Eric Wright all in the offseason. Would leave us with just Brock, Culliver and Morrris.

Punt returner definitely needs to be addressed and Vance left a lot to be desired but won't come to any conclusions on him just yet.

WR and CB are at the top of needs in the draft.

Last edited:
What do you guys know/feel about Calvin Pryor?
dude is a big time thumper 
sick.gif
pimp.gif
 the nice thing about the way we play our safeties iswe can pick a guy from either a SS or FS. dual interchangeable FS would honestly be better with the way fangio calls this defense. i would prefer a guy that can be asked to cover with range in the secondary and is a fundamentally sound tackler over a traditional in the box big bruiser SS.

honestly i dont know if any of these guys in the draft would be able to step in day 1 and play. from what i heard reid is incredibly smart but who knows if hes ready to take over play calling in that secondary.

Last edited:
Pryor Is mad rangy but finds himself out of position alot more than your typical round 1 safety that goes top 20. I guess scouts feel as if he's smart enough to make the transition because its obvious he has all the tools. But I watched clips where he darted across the screen only to eventually take a bad angle. But those plays are few and far between.

I kno it won't happen but I'd love to get lamarcus joyner on our roster. Smart athletic versatile and fast. Only thing that gives a pause are the measureables but he'd be a very good nickel/safety hybrid

Y'all had me worried talkin bout I don't think Q is coming back:frown:. Y'all fools in here so quick to assume were gonna lose everybody I was starting to believe it.

Last edited:
Really wouldn't make sense not to bring him back. Its not like we have anyone else ready to start.

they better bring Q back dude is the only guy on the offensive side that has that bully in him. tired of seeing our guys get punked by defenses in previous years.

re-sign Q, draft my dude javon landry and watch them punk every DB out there. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
I kno it won't happen but I'd love to get lamarcus joyner on our roster. Smart athletic versatile and fast. Only thing that gives a pause are the measureables but he'd be a very good nickel/safety hybrid
R3 and beyond. A little similar to Hibachi Arenas and Honey Badger. Smaller stature but knack for the ball and making game-changing plays.

R3 and beyond. A little similar to Hibachi Arenas and Honey Badger. Smaller stature but knack for the ball and making game-changing plays.

that's where id like to get em but i def see someone jumping at him muc sooner. If he were a few inches taller...:smh:...served my Noles well tho

only reasons i dont think they'd grab him is already having a DB similar to lamarcus joyner on the roster they're grooming(darryl morris). that and trent likes CBs with long athletic builds and long arms if hes using picks on them.

i like the kid as a nickel back or maybe move him to safety. dude has sick athleticism and i love how gritty he is. guy plays at 100mph.

Last edited:
Wish I could participate in the discussion.......but college football doesnt interest me enough follow during the year.  So I have absolutely no idea who 90% of the players are that you guys are discussing.

But it has been interesting to read.

Im starting to think that if Boldin does resign, it changes our whole draft...

I believe we wont go for a WR until the mid-late rounds... We barely rotate our guys and run mostly 2 WR sets so it doesnt make sense to get more depth with such valuable picks that wont even see the field

Defense it is!!!

While I agree with you 100%, Boldin is a older player who will likely get no more than 2 years and depending on what Kap/Aldon get we likely won't be able to re-sign Crabtree so we need some depth there so grabbing an impact WR is a need. I think we'll grab someone in the 2nd.

WR pool from active 53 vs Sea in NFCC

michael crabtree - last year of contract and will be difficult to re-sign him especially if he balls out

anquan boldin - currently free agent

quinton patton - going nowhere

kassim osgood - currently free agent

jon baldwin - likely to get cut

out of the 5 listed 3 are likely to return for next season so there's a couple openings for WR.

jarvis landry it is!!
devil.gif

btw i see some of you guys in here dont follow college much so here's a highlight video of the guy i want most to be a 49er in this draft! dude is everything we look for in a 49er: tough, physical, smart and team player. this guy is a straight up bully and is relentless when the ball is in his vicinity. dude has ridiculous hands. a young anquan boldin!!

my fav CB in the draft is kyle fuller. long, lean, physical athlete with great instincts, great fluid hips with great fundamentals. excellent tackler and excellent in run defense too. great fit for our secondary especially with all the different coverages vic fangio asks our secondary to do.

there's your first 2 picks folks(or maybe both 2nd round picks if we get lucky
nerd.gif
). wrap it up.
pimp.gif
the common theme in both picks are fundamentals. both of these dudes got em.

Last edited:
Jarvis is nice... But I would rather have someone who can stretch the field and also be a redzone target like Kelvin Benjamin

Yea he has a case of the dropsies but dude goes up and gets the ball at the highest point and can help us a lot with our redzone problems

Just make the jug machine his best friend :lol:

kelvin benjamin
sick.gif
horrible hands, horrible route runner. the guy basically lacks wide receiver fundamentals lol no thanks we already have a guy like that right now - jon baldwin(6'4 230). people asking for a big wide receiver and i dont know why. size=/=success.

we have a redzone target. his name is anquan boldin just ask joe flacco. it's not his fault g-ro doesn't know how to effectively call plays in the redzone. our lack of redzone success has little to do with our personnel and more to do with our approach and harbaugh's conservativeness.

Last edited:
I deem kelvin Benjamin a later first rounder still so raw man. He has wheels for a 6-5 guy Brandon Marshall type you ask me. Don't forget brandon Marshall was considered very raw as a Wr was a safety earlier in his collegiate career. Imma have to say Red I like Benjamin. Brandon Marshall is that ***** also

Last edited:
If size=/=success then what's with the panic of wanting "big" physical cbs...

His height and speed are rare to come by these days... We wouldn't be expecting him to come in right away and take the #1 spot... He would definitely cause mismatches and teams will still have to respect him once he's on the field

I believe with a little polishing and the right coaching and we'll be good money... Like the Brandon Marshall case

kelvin benjamin :x horrible hands, horrible route runner. the guy basically lacks wide receiver fundamentals lol no thanks we already have a guy like that right now - jon baldwin(6'4 230).

He was inconsistent for two years. This past season he stepped up big time and showed a lot of potential. But to say horrible hands and horrible route runner is a bit much and to compare him to Baldwin is not fair at all. He isn't the most polished route runner but when you can out run, muscle and jump most if not all DBs, you don't need to run every route in the tree. His hands are inconsistent yes but he has improved on that and became a go to guy. Only comparison between Benjamin and Baldwin is size...that's it.

Last edited:
How is that a bad comparison? Jon Baldwin was a 1st round prospect who hasalmost exact size size/build as Benjamin and very similar weaknesses. It's actually a really damn good comparison.
Jon Baldwin 6'4 230 lbs

Baldwin is giant wide receiver that has the potential to develop into a starter at the next level. He is a speed builder that can get behind defensive backs and he quickly finds the ball in the air. He is a weapon over the middle, as he has strong reliable hands and the body control to make acrobatic catches in traffic. He is dangerous after the catch as he can run away from linebackers and over defensive backs. Baldwin has to refine his route running skills, but he could sneak into the first round due to his freakish measurables.
does that not sound similar Benjamin??? Everyone is enamored with the measurables but missing on what's really important to being a wide receiver.

If you can't run every route on the tree then you can't be a Z or X wide receiver on my team. This aint college. Why would you want to invest a high pick in a guy whos weaknesses are the foundation and bread & butter of every great wide receiver? 
indifferent.gif

Last edited:
If size=/=success then what's with the panic of wanting "big" physical cbs...

His height and speed are rare to come by these days... We wouldn't be expecting him to come in right away and take the #1 spot... He would definitely cause mismatches and teams will still have to respect him once he's on the field

I believe with a little polishing and the right coaching and we'll be good money... Like the Brandon Marshall case
where did i emphasize big CBs? kyle fuller is my fav CB as i posted and being "big" is not one of the strengths i highlighted. 

and his height and speed are not rare. jon baldwin is the same size and speed. if it was a combination of size, speed, hands, route running, work ethic etc then yes it would be rare

are people forgetting jon baldwin was a 1st round draft pick as well??

Last edited:
How is that a bad comparison? Jon Baldwin was a 1st round prospect who hasalmost exact size size/build as Benjamin and very similar weaknesses.

If you can't run every route on the tree then you can't be a Z or X wide receiver on my team. This aint college. 

Baldwin never had the speed nor ball skills KB has.

Plus very few college guys run all the routes. Megatron was basically just a go deep receiver at GT and developed into THAT dude. You're right it's not college but very few guys come out as polished finished products all end up needing coaching, that's what they're there for. I guess Mike Evans can't play for you either

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom