:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
JB is a good example of why i personally am not a fan of raw wide receivers. dude has tons of potential and amazing measurables, but i am not a fan of hoping a receiver can get it someday. if you look at his highlights from college you'd think the guy was going to be a star.

Last edited:

Not really sure the reason we restructured Baldwin and didnt just cut him outright.  Other than route running, catching the ball or blocking, he is a hell of a receiver.
Contract is not guaranteed so Niners have an out. There is talent there, niners probably want to see him compete with a full off season and training camp under his belt.
Please forgive me if I am wrong here, but with everything I have read this morning, I believe you are mistaken.  Pretty sure his contract is now guaranteed for this year and that the Niners will now have a $645,000 cap hit regardless if we cut him or he sticks. 

I will take no offense whatsoever with being provided information that shows I am wrong. 

Last edited:
Please forgive me if I am wrong here, but with everything I have read this morning, I believe you are mistaken.  Pretty sure his contract is now guaranteed for this year and that the Niners will now have a $645,000 cap hit regardless if we cut him or he sticks. 

I will take no offense whatsoever with being provided information that shows I am wrong. 

Per ESPN:http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/5263/jon-baldwin-restructures-contract

49ers wide receiver Jon Baldwin has restructured the final year of his current contract, according to a league source.

The deal does not include any guaranteed money, so the 49ers have an out to move on from Baldwin without penalty if he does not fit their roster plans for 2014.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...tic-for-bowman-return-halfway-through-season/

Jim Harbaugh: Realistic for Bowman return halfway through season

Posted by Josh Alper on February 20, 2014, 2:21 PM EST

1d8e15342474ca08a01a5e49c5c3e1eb-1
Getty Images

The 49ers lost linebacker NaVorro Bowman to a torn ACL during their NFC Championship Game loss to the Seahawks and the team isn’t counting on his return in time for the start of next season.

Or the first two months of the season, for that matter. Coach Jim Harbaugh said from the combine on Thursday that the team isn’t ruling Bowman out of anything at this point, but that they aren’t expecting to have him in the lineup until somewhere around the midway point of the season.

“Realistically, halfway through the season [or] something like that would be more realistic,” Harbaugh said, via Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee. “But I never underestimate NaVorro Bowman.”

If that outlook holds, there’s a good chance that Bowman will be on a similar plan to the one the team followed with wide receiver Michael Crabtree last season. Crabtree opened the year on the physically unable to perform list and remained there well into the season before returning to give the team a boost down the stretch.

An extended absence for Bowman would force the 49ers to look elsewhere for a linebacking partner for Patrick Willis in the middle of the defense. Michael Wilhoite, started in place of Willis when Willis missed time last season, and 2013 sixth-round pick Nick Moody are in-house options.

Sounds like wishful thinking to me

Last edited:
I dont think the Baldwin restructuring is a bad thing. Let him have an offseason and some preseason games and if he doesnt show anything just cut him when they move the roster to 53 guys.

Week 10 is a pretty good estimate. I can't believe Jerry tore his ACL at the beginning of that 97 and came back in the same season.
sick.gif

Last edited:
Week 10 is a pretty good estimate. I can't believe Jerry tore his ACL at the beginning of that 97 and came back in the same season. :x  

Given the progress of modern medicine between '97 and now, with his work ethic, if Jerry tore his acl today he'd probably be ready for training camp.

While we have all posted and reflected about the past season, there is something I wanted to bring up because of how much talk there has been on this subject.  Recently, I have heard it countless times on different sports talk radio programs, as well as read a few articles, about what it is going to take for the 49ers to overtake the Seahawks as the best team in the NFC West again.  People have different theories and ideas, but ultimately, they seem to agree on one thing:  that we need to do something to sway the tides back in our favor.

Well, I am going to show you guys that I dont agree with that at all.  What I am about to post may be construed by some as hate on the Seahawks, or not acknowledging how good they truly are.  Stop.  The Seahawks are clearly legit.  Clearly one of the best teams in all of football.  BUT, I dont really think people understand how truly lucky they were this past season.  They literally had EVERYTHING go right for them. 

Examples:

• Week One against the Panthers.  DeAngelo Williams fumbled on the 8 yard line with less than 5 minutes left in the game (down 12-7).  If he simply goes down, the Panthers are first and goal from the 8 yard line.  Not to say they clearly would have scored, but they very easily could have.  The Panthers were in the middle of 72 yard drive.  The fumble ends the game.
  • Week Four against the Texans.  There is a little more than 5 minutes left in the game, and with the Seahawks down by 7, and Russell Wilson throws a pick in Texans territory.  Then, Matt Schaub inexplicably throws a pick 6, instead of simply trying to run clock.  The game goes to overtime and the Seahawks win in overtime.
  • Week Eight against the Rams.  The Seahawks could do nothing offensively this entire game.  Down 14-9 with less than a minute to go, the Rams had first and goal from the 6  yard line with 3 timeouts left.  You know the story.  Richardson gets to the 2 yard line on first down, Clemons throws an incompletion on second down, Richardson gets stuffed on third down and Clemons throws another incompletion on 4th down.  Game over.
  • Week Nine against the Bucs.  Now we all know the Bucs are terrible, but they had a 21-0 lead in this game at one point.  They had a 10 point 4th quarter lead.  I know good teams figure out a way to win, and bad teams figure out a way to lose, but when you are down 3 touchdowns, you need almost everything to go right to win the game.  For the Seahawks, everything did, and they won in overtime.

If ANY ONE of these four bullet points dont go Seattle's way, the 49ers win the division.  If any one of these bullet points happen, the road to the Superbowl goes through Candlestick....a place the Seahawks haven't won at since 2008.

Now flip it.  Look at these examples that go against the Niners:

• Week 10 against the Panthers.  We are struggling offensively all game long.  Close to the end of the game, Kaepernick throws a beautiful pass down the seem to Vance McDonald that he drops.  He catches the ball, we are in field goal range, and win the game.
  • Week 11 against the Saints.  If the refs keep their flags in their pocket with the Brooks sack/strip/fumble recovery like they should have, we win the game. 

Now, regardless of all those things that went right for Seattle, if any of these two bullets that went against the Niners go the other direction......the 49ers win the division.

Anyways, sorry for the rant.  I just have been hearing a ton of talk lately about what we need to do to beat the Seahawks.  And all I am saying is that this "we need to do ____ and _____ to beat Seattle" talk is crazy to me.  We can beat them without making huge changes.  They were just a team of destiny last season as, like I illustrated, they had so many things go their way in their quest for the Superbowl.....when the fact is that if just ONE of the many things I listed went the other direction, these endless conversations dont even happen.

Repped. I would rep this twice if I could.

For all the complaints people had against our team and all the problems we faced during the season, we were realistically one or two bad calls away from going to the Super Bowl where I think we'd take it. And IMO we outplayed and beat the hawks in the championship game but the nfl had other plans.

lol dude is dumb as hell if he really believes hes 4% bodyfat. pro IFBB bodybuilders train for MONTHS to get that lean for shows only to lose it immediately after because it's not sustainable.

noticed that the first player niners are meeting with is brandon cooks.
Matt Barrows  ‏@mattbarrows   3m

Cooks says he has a meeting scheduled with the 49ers tonight.
 grew up a 49er fan. posted about him a couple pages back. dude is really ideal for everything we are currently lacking.

as much i want jarvis landry the real receiver that would fill our needs of a vertical, speed threat and punt returner all in one and worthy of being used with our top pick is brandin cooks. unlike jarvis landry tho his blocking effort is suspect so i dunno if trent would grab him.

Last edited:
lol dude is dumb as hell if he really believes hes 4% bodyfat. pro IFBB bodybuilders train for MONTHS to get that lean for shows only to lose it immediately after because it's not sustainable.

These are the combine measurements though. I'm not sold on him earlier but i just found his physique to be astonishing, especially if he does run around 4.3

if he runs a 4.3 he's going to destroy the draft board and skyrocket his draft value. could end up being a top 10 pick with a 4.3 40. hopefully baalke dont get caught up in the hype.

btw the reason he's listed as 4% BF is because they dont measure sub-cutaneous fat so he's really more like 8% bf which is still lean as !@#$ 

Last edited:
2/21: "49ers GM Trent Baalke likes arm length. "All our (d-) linemen last year had arms that were at least 34 inches long."" - Vic Tafur

2/14: "49ers Could see trade fitting as high as 12 with Giants. That could land Evans or Lee and not ruin entire draft." - Bill Williamson, ESPN

1/24: "Trent Murphy is on the radar for the San Francisco 49ers. The 49ers don't have a big need at the position, but with a plethora of picks, they could stand to get some pass rushing depth and that isn't a bad idea considering Aldon Smith's situation." - Charlie Campbell

Heres a list of guys the niners have met with so far, expect a lot more during the combine.

Xavius Boyd, LB, Western Kentucky (Shrine Game)
Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, OT, McGill (Shrine Game)
C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa (Senior Bowl)
Ra'Shede Hageman, DL, Minnesota (Senior Bowl)
Gator Hoskins, TE, Marshall (Senior Bowl)
Stanley Jean-Baptiste, DB, Nebraska (Senior Bowl)
Cassius Marsh, DL, UCLA (Shrine Game)
Jeff Mathews, QB, Cornell (Shrine Game)
Demonte McAllister, DL, Florida State (Shrine Game)
Jack Mewhort, OL, Ohio State (Senior Bowl)
Matt Patchan, OL, Boston College (Senior Bowl)
Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona (Shrine Game)
Charles Sims, RB, West Virginia (Senior Bowl)
Marcus Smith, LB, Louisville (Senior Bowl)

I really don't see what the hype is on Evans... Rather stay put then give up extra picks to jump and get him

He's a big guy with great hands former basketball player, who knows how to get that little bit of separation with the ball in the air.

He reminds me of Hakeem Nicks. Hakeem nicks will prolly end up in Carolina and be an animal dudes mad talented injuries kept him limited last two years.

Back
Top Bottom