:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought you guys were joking about that Saturday game... I didn't know we had a game :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
The only reason the NFL doesn't have Saturday games is to allow college football the stage.

It's kind of like scratching each other's back. We give you young bodies for your money machine, but let us make hella money on Saturdays.

welp, niners decided against signing trindon.

******* pumped.

go to q kap, go to q.

avoid mediocre.

i can't believe this team is okay with watching pcox average less than 3 yards per return, not to mention, refuse to fair catch in traffic.

love cox the db.. not cox the returner

Honestly if Seattle's special teams is as good as I remember then all we will have to worry about is Cox holding onto the ball when he calls for a fair catch.

On mobile can't quote the article:
http://t.co/IWIjB2jagl
[h1]49ers will likely be over the salary cap after the season[/h1]
According to former agent and now commentator Joel Corry (@corryjoel), the 49ers have the third-most salary cap commitments in the NFL for 2015 at $149 million. The salary cap is expected to be around $145 million for next season, meaning the team would have to shave about $4 million off their cap in the off-season.

Corry said the team can realize nearly $8 million in cap savings by re-doing quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s contract, and will likely save another $4 million by releasing linebacker Ahmad Brooks. Here are the other highlights with my chat  with Corry on KNBR’s sportsphone show.

-Brooks’ cap figure of $9.65 million for 2015 makes him a prime candidate for a trade, or a drastic pay cut if he wants to stay with the 49ers.

-Cornerback could be a huge need for the team if they don’t re-sign starters Perrish Cox or Chris Culliver. Corry would not sign Cox to more than a one-year deal because of his prior journeyman history. Culliver could be a $5 million-a-year player, but would the 49ers be willing to pay that? If not, the team could be looking at bounce-back season for Tramaine Brock in 2015, and the elevation of Dontae Johnson as a starter, plus rookie additions.

-The 49ers are unlikely to use the franchise tag on any of their free agents because it would cost too much under their salary cap. Also, their main free agents, guard Mike Iupati, wide receiver Michael Crabtree, and Cox and Culliver are probably not valuable enough to warrant a franchise tag.

-Corry doesn’t think the 49ers will sign Iupati and Alex Boone, who’s contract expires after next season. It’s either-or, with Iupati being the more expensive option. Corry anticipates Iupati’s agents using Titan guard Andy Levitre’s 6-year deal, that averages nearly $8 million a season as a foundation for negotiations. The 49ers are unlikely to go that high for Iupati in my opinion, and the free agent market might not value Iupati that highly either. However, Iupati has been to Pro Bowls and that could sway a potential suitor.

-Corry also anticipates that wide receiver Michael Crabtree will price himself out of the 49ers. Crabtree could fetch as much as $6.2 million a year, which is what Golden Tate is now earning. Corry suggested that a team with over $55 million in cap room might be willing to over pay him and that team is the Raiders. Crabtree could be a $6 million a year player because Jeremy Maclin, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas and Randall Cobb will probably never hit free agency.

-Corry further explained the Kaepernick deal, which basically starts with a two-year deal and then breaks down to a series of one-year deals. Keapernick’s guaranteed money of $13 million is far below that of Matt Ryan, Tony Romo and Jay Cutler, who have guarantees of around $40 million each. In order for Kaepernick to earn the $60 million embedded in the deal, he has to stay healthy and be on the active roster for game day. Kaepernick and running back Frank Gore have the highest per game roster bonuses in the league. The 49ers like to structure deals in this fashion so they can get out of the deal in any given year without a big cap hit. However, it diminishes salaries for injured players. For example, if NaVorro Bowman does not play this season, he will lose $750,000 in salary.

-The 49ers are likely to structure a similar offer for Aldon Smith in 2015. The offer would likely entail a modest signing bonus, but large per year salaries and per game roster bonuses that would equal a contract in the $13 million- to $14 million-a-year range. It would provide the 49ers the flexibility to get out of the deal if Smith’s off-field troubles continue.

Twitter: @klynch49

What the Seahawks Are Saying about the 49ers, Colin Kaepernick

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2...12852666874&campaign=social_20141126_36329027

S Kam Chancellor:

Do you see anything different from Vernon Davis this season?

"I see a great tight end. Vernon Davis has always been a great tight end. He makes the big plays for them, and I’m looking forward to the matchup."

You guys think he said that with a straight face?

Vernon :smh: c'mon man

dont know about straight face, but i guarantee he didnt say that with straight eyes.

ol' googly-eyed *** *****

Kam hit dudes so hard he knocked his eyes loose 

Vernon 
mean.gif
 one is not enough 
mean.gif

Run the ball early and often. But i can see Kap tryna force a couple

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO MY NINER GANG BRETHEN! 
 ​
LETS GET THIS DUB! **** THE SEACOCKS AND 12TH MAN
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom