:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i wonder what's the hold up with anquan. tim kawakami said they were very, very close earlier this week and havent heard anything since. 
nerd.gif

Lol

To be fair he was the first one to report the rift between harbaugh and Trent way back in November which ended up being true.

Last edited:
I thought they pretty much had a deal in place but Anquan was deciding if he wanted 2 or 3 years

kawakami doesn't report on a single goddamn thing.

i'm sure he's well connected in bay area sports but his job is as a columnist.

which isn't to say he doesn't have any facts but his goal is to write his own personal views.

he's meant to agitate and get people talking, that's all. 

kawakami doesn't report on a single goddamn thing.

i'm sure he's well connected in bay area sports but his job is as a columnist.

which isn't to say he doesn't have any facts but his goal is to write his own personal views.

he's meant to agitate and get people talking, that's all. 
whos worse: ratto or kawakami?

personally i think ratto is by far the worst. dude is so ******* negative and gets under my skin.

Last edited:
Ray Fat Ratto is THEE worst. Never liked him especially when he was reporting for the SF Giants

Last edited:
I can appreciate his writing and speaking style. But I agree he comes off as such a wretch sometimes. Like he's Edgar Allen Poe's jock-admiring brother.

Possible offseason moves

49ers' odds and ends

By Bill Williamson | February 28, 2014 8:40:35 PM PST
Emptying the notebook on a rainy Friday afternoon:

McFadden
If the 49ers were in the market for a veteran running back, I'd count Oakland free agent Darren McFadden as a real possibility. San Francisco running backs coach Tom Rathman was in Oakland when the Raiders drafted McFadden in 2008. While I'm sure the 49ers are studying McFadden, the need there just isn't strong. It would have to be the perfect, cheap situation for him to land with the 49ers, although, they could use him on screen passes.
Denver is in the market for a hard-hitting safety and are said to be willing to spend. You have to wonder if the Broncos will make a play for 49ers safety Donte Whitner. But they may have others in mind first.
The salary cap is projected to be set at $133 million. The 49ers should be at least $15 million under the cap. That should allow them to accomplish everything they want to get done. The word is the cap will reach up to $150 million in two years. That will benefit the 49ers as they have some big-ticket deals to get done.
Center Daniel Kilgore received a $1.35 million signing bonus for the three-year extension he signed Thursday. He will get first crack at taking over for the free-agent Jonathan Goodwin. But if Kilgore fails, the 49ers could look elsewhere because of his inexpensive deal.
There are reports Miami is putting speedy receiver Mike Wallace on the market. He'd fit what the 49ers do, But his deal is too pricey and the draft class is stacked. Thus, I don't see a deal happening with the 49ers unless he took a big pay cut.

I PMed @49ersaaron8  a couple months ago about bringing McFadden in if he can be had for cheap. Dude is a STUD when he's healthy and with our line+run scheme+coaches he could thrive. Only problem is dude is never healthy so I wouldnt spend too much on him.

sick.gif
not surprised by the data. Kap has a huge issue whenever he feels "pressure". He rarely hitch steps up into the pocket and always resorts to taking off sometimes when there's no reason to and a clean pocket around him. Also, when do we see Kap go to his hot read when blitzed? Seems like never. 
eyes.gif
 best example of all this is that play in the NFCC vs Seattle where he had a clear passing lane but instead took off to his left which lead to strip sack.

Last edited:
i just noticed jason verrett is schedule to have surgery for a torn labrum. i wonder if this will cause his stock to drop. 

Last edited:
The deal could be in place but there may be other things slowing down the process with his agent or the front office

according to an NFL source, secondary coach Ed Donatell has agreed to a two-year deal.

But it's so miserable working with harbaugh, right? :stoneface:

Last edited:
Lol he must be dreaming if that's true.

If that's true I wouldn't even extend him this offseason and wait to see how next season plays out. Worst scenario is he gets the number he wants via franchise tag.

Show us you can go through progressions kap. Show us you spent the offseason studying and not flying around on a jet with josh Gordon.

Last edited:
This is what I don't get... Why come out and say you're willing to work with the team and be cap friendly then come out and say you want $18/mil a season...

Back
Top Bottom