:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As far as I can tell Jed has tried to make all the best decisions for the team since he took over. The only misstep I can think of right now is immediately hiring Singletary as HC after the '08 season. I'm sure there's probably a few more that are escaping me but if anyone can think of others feel free to chime in.

moiety moiety would you mind posting this article in here?

View media item 823792

Is 49ers' championship window closing?
February, 24, 2014
By Mike Sando | ESPN.com

Colin Kaepernick and Jim Harbaugh have been one of the NFL's most successful QB-coach tandems.
A high-ranking NFL personnel evaluator I ran across at the NFL scouting combine Thursday morning said he was hearing sensational stories about the San Francisco 49ers. He would not elaborate because the stories were unsubstantiated, but we can assume at least one of them found its way into the news over the weekend.

There is sensational, and then there is trade-the-head-coach sensational. Harbaugh to the Cleveland Browns by trade? The 49ers initially denied ever discussing such a transaction. The Browns issued a non-denial before their owner, Jimmy Haslam, confirmed that such discussions took place. The particulars matter less at this point than the gathering idea that Harbaugh might not be part of San Francisco's longer-term future. It's no secret that Harbaugh and the team's executives have been unable to make progress toward a contract extension amid rumblings of friction.

Here are the questions: Could the 49ers remain a contender without Harbaugh? And is their championship window closing regardless? It's a debate colleague John Clayton and I took up on his radio show at the combine, and one begging for a closer examination. The future of a flagship franchise is at stake.

Three years ago, we heralded Harbaugh's hiring as a "home run" for the 49ers. San Francisco had won just 21 games in the three seasons before Harbaugh took over, a total that ranked 21st when postseason games were counted. San Francisco has 41 regular-season and postseason victories in Harbaugh's first three seasons. That total ranks tied for first with New England. The net gain of 20 victories from the first three-year period to the next leads the NFL. Seattle (plus-18), Denver (plus-17), Detroit (plus-13), Cincinnati (plus-11) and St. Louis (plus-7) are next.

If you only consider those numbers, Harbaugh's long-term employment as 49ers coach should be a foregone conclusion. But if you've been following the 49ers, you know the situation feels tenuous and even volatile. Harbaugh and management have gotten nowhere in contract talks, and this has become known publicly. His name has perhaps conveniently come up in relation to college jobs at USC and Texas. We've heard about how Harbaugh and general manager Trent Baalke "butt heads" within a framework the team says remains healthy and professional. Most recently, 49ers CEO Jed York denied any serious talks with the Browns while insisting this was a one-way conversation. It's a lot to sort through.

Here are my five thoughts on where this team stands now and in the future:

1. The championship window can remain open even if Harbaugh leaves.
Nearly all of the 49ers' key players remain under contract for the coming season. The team is healthy from a salary-cap standpoint. Quarterback Colin Kaepernick has been a dynamic if inconsistent player; he should improve with additional experience. There's enough talent for this team to remain a championship contender even if Harbaugh isn't part of the long-term equation, though this assumes the 49ers would find a skilled replacement if the coach departed.

Colin Kaepernick will continue to improve as he gains more experience.
While it's easy to say the 49ers were nothing before Harbaugh arrived, most would agree that his predecessor, Mike Singletary, got far less from his players than a more skilled replacement for Harbaugh might get from them. Losing Harbaugh would hurt in a division featuring heavyweight coaches Pete Carroll, Bruce Arians and Jeff Fisher. But if the 49ers' division rivals could find highly skilled coaches, San Francisco could find another one as well. This is a prime job.

With or without Harbaugh, the 49ers will need to draft low-cost replacements for aging players such as Justin Smith and Frank Gore. Will they be able to pull it off? This is where Clayton and I differ some. We went back and forth on his Saturday radio show about whether the 49ers are doing a good enough job maximizing all of the draft choices they've acquired over the years. Clayton is not as sold as I am. We can agree that the 49ers' 2011 draft secured franchise building blocks in Aldon Smith and Kaepernick. Some of the other players selected that year -- Chris Culliver, Kendall Hunter and Bruce Miller -- have become key contributors.

The 2012 draft, however, was a disaster, especially when you consider how well the Seahawks fared in adding Bruce Irvin, Bobby Wagner, Russell Wilson, Robert Turbin, Jeremy Lane, J.R. Sweezy and potential Red Bryant replacement Greg Scruggs. The 49ers did pretty well in 2013 with first-round choice Eric Reid, but the 10 other selections they made have yet to pay off much. That was by design. If you think the 2013 class will come to resemble the 2012 version, you'll be less optimistic about how the 49ers might fare with their league-high 11 choices this year. But it's too early to pass judgment on that 2013 class, and several of those guys could begin to play bigger roles this season.

2. Mistrust could be a problem.
The Harbaugh-to-Cleveland report from ProFootballTalk left the 49ers wondering where the information originated. Were people close to Harbaugh trying to paint the organization in a bad light as part of an attempt to leverage better contract terms? Were previous reports linking Harbaugh to college jobs part of something similar? Anonymously sourced reports such as the one from PFT and one from CBS Sports should have little impact if all parties are on the same page internally.

In the 49ers' case, there's been enough chatter over a long enough period to fuel mistrust, which can cause imperfect relationships to deteriorate. I think Harbaugh's unrelenting intensity was going to limit his shelf life in San Francisco, anyway. That has been the feeling around the league for coaches with hard-charging styles. An AFC executive put it this way when I asked him early in the season about Harbaugh's staying power: "You don't really know those warts until they don't win. That is when that stuff shows up. It will not show up in the euphoria of back-to-back NFC Championship Games, getting the new stadium, getting the franchise quarterback right."

The surprising part with the 49ers is that warts seem to be showing even without any real adversity. If these are the sorts of things the team is working through after winning 41 games in three seasons, imagine what things will be like during a true down season. It shows just how much the 49ers have been reeling from the double whammy of losing to Seattle in the NFC title game and then watching the Seahawks win it all.

That is why it's even harder to see the relationship enduring in its current form. Having the coach and GM on the same page is critical for maximizing draft choices, one reason the Harbaugh-Baalke relationship is so important.

3. The 2014 season feels like championship or bust.
The 49ers have been reluctant to pay $8 million or more annually for Harbaugh in the absence of a Super Bowl victory. Ownership can rightly say the team has squandered prime opportunities by failing to win a Lombardi Trophy despite three consecutive trips to the NFC Championship Game. Losing at home to the New York Giants in the NFC title game (2011 season) and to the Baltimore Ravens in the Super Bowl (2012 season) was frustrating enough. Losing to the division-rival Seahawks this past season was downright excruciating.

I believe the 49ers' leadership was obsessed with beating the Seahawks before that game, and that Seattle's subsequent victory over Denver in the Super Bowl has turned up the pressure in the short term. "We need to win a damn Super Bowl," is how one team official put it to me. Falling just short of that goal for three consecutive seasons has taken a toll. Having it happen a fourth consecutive time might be too much for the current leadership to bear.

4. The Seahawks aren't helping.
How Seattle won the Super Bowl could be illustrative for the 49ers. The Seahawks were the opposite of uptight. They played simple schemes very well instead of trying to do too much. The 49ers are a lot more complicated in their scheming. That has been one of their strengths, particularly in the running game.

[+] Enlarge
AP Photo/Elaine Thompson
The Seahawks rode their simpler schemes all the way to a Super Bowl championship.
But in this era of diminished practice time, a simpler approach also has its advantages. That will be additionally true for the 49ers as they move forward with young players acquired through the draft. That thought crystallized in my mind while I listened to Baalke answering a reporter's question about tight end Vance McDonald, a 2013 second-round pick who struggled some as a rookie.

"If you watched us play, you understand how complicated that position is, and how many different hats Vance had to wear this year as a rookie," Baalke explained. "It's a very difficult thing. When you have as much volume as we have and he's put in as many positions that he's put in, it’s such a learning curve. It takes away from your physicality, your physical traits because you're thinking your way through the game. So, I think there’s going to be a big jump with Vance next year and what he's able to bring to this football team."

Baalke wasn't necessarily saying the 49ers needed to simplify things to make better use of their draft choices, but it might not be a bad idea.

5. The 49ers remain in great shape this offseason.
I recently put San Francisco No. 1 on my list of teams in position to enjoy a tremendous offseason. The 49ers own five choices in the first three rounds of the 2014 draft. They will probably wind up with 12 total picks after the NFL hands out compensatory choices. The 49ers are close to re-signing receiver Anquan Boldin, their highest-priority free agent. They should get something from their "redshirt" draft class of 2013, which featured injured players Tank Carradine and Marcus Lattimore.

Last year, San Francisco used its stash of draft choices to move up higher in the first round for Reid. This year, the 49ers need to consider doing something similar at cornerback. They could use another receiver as well, but with so many of them available in a draft packed with underclassmen, there might be less urgency to trade up for one (besides, as one league exec put it, the 49ers could be "gun-shy" at receiver after whiffing on 2012 first-rounder A.J. Jenkins and failing to develop other young players at the position).

The biggest priority now should be to make sure the Harbaugh dynamic continues to be a positive one for the team. If that leads to a contract extension, great. But if Harbaugh's intensity makes him a relative short-timer wherever he goes, we cannot assume his continued employment in San Francisco would automatically keep the 49ers on their current trajectory. If Harbaugh leaves, the 49ers still have enough going for them to contend. The things they must do to succeed into the future -- such as drafting well -- remain pivotal no matter who is roaming the sideline.

Could MJD join 49ers?
February, 25, 2014
By Tom Carpenter | ESPN.com

San Francisco 49ers TE Vernon Davis posted a photo on Instagram Monday with his arm around Maurice Jones-Drew, who is slated to become an unrestricted free agent two weeks from Tuesday. The picture isn't half as intriguing as the comment that Davis posted alongside it:

"Me and Maurice Jones Drew discussing the FUTURE a few nights ago. #sanfranciscoFollow"

We are left to read between the lines here. Maybe he and MJD have plans to attend a concert together in Frisco in the coming months, or maybe they really were talking about the possibility of the running back joining the Niners as a free agent.

Pairing MJD with Frank Gore would give the club a very intriguing backfield, but in order to make that happen, Jones-Drew would undoubtedly have to take a serious reduction in pay compared to what he may be able to draw from another team this offseason, even though he isn't likely to land a big contract at this stage of his career.

Plus, the 49ers have younger and cheaper options in Kendall Hunter and Marcus Lattimore already on the roster, so it would be surprising if the team ends up adding Jones-Drew.

that's the 4th report i've read about MJD. Guess there's not much to write about, huh?

MJD attempted to hold out two years ago. And now look what happened never got his money because of a lisfranc injury. Dude was a top 5 back 2 years ago

man york is a straight sucka
never liked dude
always made dumb decisions
and always seemed sketchy and mad shady
we need eddie back in the drivers seat making decisions

From what I've heard, Eddie D is ALOT more involved than we think...Jed relies heavy on Eddie...that's why this whole Harbaugh trade rumor doesn't surprise me...remember, Eddie D and Walsh had a lot of tension, a lot of power struggles....I think the 49ers ownership is pissed about how these last 3 seasons went and blame the coaches for it more than anything. They know how hard it is to reach the SB again and to be this close 3 years straight, I'm sure a lot of the blame is put on Jim and his coaching staff. They aren't going to pay Harbaugh until he wins a SB and that's it. And even if he did win a SB, there's no guarantee Harbaugh stays either. Which sucks because I feel Harbaugh is a great coach, one of the best and they should keep him around for as long as he wants to coach. Unfortunately, Jim wears on people and I don't see it happening, I really do believe he'll be gone after this coming season because SF sure as hell would prefer getting compensation for him instead of him walking away for free.

Last edited:
Watching the DBs today, brooks, deone, exum, fuller looked good in the 1st group. Desir is long and rangy and can run. A bit stiff in his turns and hands were so so. Gaines out of Rice looked real good. Long, fast, rangy, real good hands and very smooth turns. Exum looks like he'd make a better safety than cb

Last edited:
Out the 2nd group, McGill, Johnson, and Verrett looked very good. All ran well and looked good in drills. This group collectively wasn't as good as the 1st. If the niners look for a big long corner, then McGill would probably be the better guy between he and Desir. Size is comparable, however McGill looked better in on-field drills and ran much faster and can play some safety. Lamarcus and T. Mitchell didn't run that great, but on field looked good in drills outside of a drop. Pryor looked ok running and in drills.

Trent loves long arms and Verrett has some T Rex arms. Highly unlikely they grab him.

Last edited:
Verrett can definitely play he's a ballhawk but there's a hanful or more other guys who would fit in to what we do better IMO.

I'm starting to wonder if Harbaugh is bi-polar...

How did the Jim Harbaugh-Trent Baalke breach open up? Let’s go back through it: Owen Marecic, A.J. Jenkins, Aldon Smith…
Posted on February 25, 2014 by Tim Kawakami

Let’s start this with a few important points to remember as we assess the ripple effects from the Jim Harbaugh/49ers Continuous Tumult Tour:

* Harbaugh and Trent Baalke formed a decent bond at the end of Harbaugh’s Stanford tenure to the point that Baalke was essentially pre-approved by Harbaugh’s camp before Jed York promoted Baalke to GM… and then negotiated to hire Harbaugh.

Both Harbaugh and Baalke were represented by agent David Dunn at the time, though Baalke has never publicly acknowledged it that I know of, and I’m not sure if the GM still has that relationship with the power agent.

Dunn is definitely still Harbaugh’s agent.

But Baalke and Harbaugh were pretty close (running and racquetball pals) at least through the first few months of their regime, though in a bit I’ll outline when and where the relationship might’ve started to fray.

* I was surprised at the time–and remain surprised–that Harbaugh ever took less than Carroll’s $6M per in that initial deal. That’s on him; his negotiation.

I’ve also recently heard that the original framework in 2011 was a four-year deal… and then Harbaugh and his agent walked away from the talks to hear from the Miami Dolphins. When he returned to the 49ers talks, the team upped the deal to 5 years and the salary to $5M per, and that’s what Harbaugh signed.

If Harbaugh had kept it to 4 years, he’d be a total free agent after this coming season, and that would be massive leverage right now. Actually would’ve been massive leverage last year–because you don’t want a guy like that going into his walk season.

But Harbaugh and Dunn negotiated that deal in 2011 with pretty much max leverage (University of Michigan, Stanford and the Broncos all knocking on his door, in addition to the Dolphins and 49ers), so any non-positive long-term result of it is on them.

* Harbaugh never asked for personnel powers during those negotiations and he hasn’t asked recently, I’m told.

He doesn’t want to be a GM–you think he wants to put together draft boards, review 30 game tapes of potential 6th-rounders from New Mexico or spend all of March going to Baylor/Maryland/Colorado/Nebraska pro days and gossiping with college coaches and other execs?

No, he does not.

Harbaugh also wants no part of actually negotiating with players for new contracts; in fact, the Harbaugh strategy is partly to set other execs up for blame when these things occasionally and inevitably break down.
It’s not a new strategy and it almost always works–the coach wins locker room support, the players grumble about the execs and maybe new, cheaper, younger and better players arrive, anyway.
Win-win for the coach, right?

* What Harbaugh is looking for, without specifically saying so or asking for it, is a personnel guy who fits his style at this point.

It was Baalke for a time, but that time might have come and gone and now the two men have to just grit through the last period of their tenure together.

They can still win big together, but the friction just means that the clock is ticking for how long it can possibly last. It was always ticking, but now it’s just out in the public view.

* Why wouldn’t Jed York heavily consider dumping Baalke if it would make Harbaugh happier with the 49ers? Well, you’re never sure that you can find a personnel guy as good as Baalke (and despite his well-publicized misses, he’s an excellent personnel guy).

Plus, a great point by the Sac Bee’s Matt Barrows, who once was kissed on the head by Harbaugh but I won’t hold that against either of them: If York dumped Baalke to please Harbaugh, history says Harbaugh probably would just feud with the next guy in that role, anyway.

Maybe Mike Lombardi was/is that guy, or at least he and Joe Banner thought that recently, but now they’re both fired and Harbaugh probably was never that interested in bolting to Cleveland, anyway.

He wants to win a Super Bowl. He is burning to win a Super Bowl.

Through whatever chilly moments Harbaugh has to endure or will cause with the 49ers–and Baalke and York–remain the best shot at it. Because they’re burning to win a championship, too, and sometimes when everybody’s so hot and bothered, fires will start.

–OK, to the larger issue: What specifically has caused the tension between Harbaugh and Baalke?

I’ve written a lot about the strains and frictrion, but while doing some radio interviews recently it became clear to me–thanks to some very good questions–that I haven’t really detailed how and why this might’ve happened, incident to incident.

First off, only Baalke and Harbaugh really know exactly why they went from hill-running inseparables in March 2011 to dealing with each other suspiciously and only when necessary in November 2013…

But after talking with people who know them, I can fill in some of the picture, I think…

* They are totally different kinds of football maniacs, and I mean “maniac” in a positive way, yes I do.

They’re both incredibly driven, incredibly intense football-lifers, who are consumed by the sport and by the pursuit of victory, with very strong and mostly similar ideas of how to do it, and that’s how they’ve built to the 49ers to this high standing so quickly and so lastingly.

But when two football maniacs start butting heads, they also have nowhere else to go in the relationship. You think they’re going to go watch movies together or hold cook-outs? Nope.

Football is the only thing for both men and when they begin to disagree on football matters, even the littlest things become epic battlegrounds and the guy who loses the battle remembers it forever, so it only builds towards the next battle and the next one…

* Harbaugh is impulsive and loves to create chaos and man-to-man confrontations, because he’s better at navigating a chaotic situation than anybody else and he thrives in an atmosphere of top-speed competition.

It’d be tough for any executive to deal with him on a day-to-day basis over the long-term. Which Harbaugh himself tacitly acknowledges–for instance, once Harbaugh was established as a prime NFL coaching candidate (after 2009 or so), he never considered Al Davis’ entreaties.

Al Davis called Harbaugh in the days before Harbaugh took the 49ers job in January 2011. As the story goes, Harbaugh never called him back, partly I’m told because he just didn’t want to say no to one of his mentors, but also because he didn’t like how the Raiders were being run so he didn’t want to waste time with the conversation (or hurt Al’s feelings).

* One way Harbaugh has created some 49ers chaos: He can fall in and out of love very quickly with players, even some of the 49ers’ top players. I’ve heard he has occasionally stormed into personnel offices suddenly demanding that the team make dramatic changes, just like that.

Which is not at all how Baalke operates, and he was pushed back at Harbaugh every time that has happened. And Baalke has control of the roster, of course.

Baalke is highly, coolly analytical and always wants things to be put in order to the highest magnitude. (Example: In his press conference appearances, Baalke habitually rearranges reporters’ tape recorders to make sure they’re set up in a clean straight line in front of him. He laughs about it, but he always does it.)

Could the GM handle the situation with Harbaugh more adroitly? Yes, no question, but again, that’s not Baalke. He’s not a charmer or a subtle angle-player; he’s a grinder.
Harbaugh in many ways admires that about Baalke, but it also means that when they are at loggerheads, all they do is knock into each other. Which is where they have found themselves for the last year or so.

Baalke believes in numbers, stats, schemes and measurable calculations, and he believes every roster, including the best ones, have to keep turning over to keep things fresh and the payroll under control.

* If I had to point to one player where Baalke and Harbaugh might’ve first found disagreement, I’d point to former Stanford FB/LB Owen Marecic, who Harbaugh described as ”the perfect football player” when he both were at Stanford.

Well, in the 49ers’ first Baalke/Harbaugh draft, in 2011, the 49ers took a running back in the fourth round, but it wasn’t Marecic. It was Kendall Hunter at #115. Marecic went 9 picks later to Cleveland (those guys again!).

Harbaugh was been very even-handed about his former Stanford players in personnel discussions, I believe, but Harbaugh admitted back then that he would’ve liked to acquire Marecic and it just didn’t happen.

After that, I’ve heard Harbaugh frequently pushed to acquire Marecic, which finally bore fruit last training camp, after the Browns cut Marecic and the 49ers signed him. Then they quickly released him.

You know what? Harbaugh kept asking for him.
After Bruce Miller’s injury last season, Baalke agreed to see if Marecic would sign late last season… but at that point Marecic decided he didn’t want to play football any more.

* The 2012 draft was not Baalke’s finest hour–A.J. Jenkins and LaMichael James were the 1st- and 2nd-round picks, and that was just a start of the fizzle–and I don’t think Harbaugh has been thrilled with Baalke’s draft judgments ever since.

I don’t believe Harbaugh argued against taking Jenkins; I think he trusted Baalke’s pick, and when it busted, in retrospect, the trust started to wane, perhaps especially when Harbaugh saw other WRs in that draft class succeeding (and Jenkins doing nothing).

I also believe the personnel department was a little frustrated with the way the coaching staff dismissed Jenkins right away, though Jenkins has done nothing since his trade to Kansas City to justify anything.

* Harbaugh is a rabid defender of his players, and while Baalke also does much to protect the players, I’ve reported that there was a disconnect in the Aldon Smith situation.
Baalke and the rest of the 49ers management decided to let Smith play only two days after his arrest, to keep him on track to recovery and make sure he knew he had their support, but Baalke believed Smith would play sparingly vs. Indianapolis.

Smith played all 72 defensive snaps, then went into rehab.

* Harbaugh has repeatedly made public requests that the 49ers give veteran players new deals, with increasing boldness, and I’ve read that as direct shots at Baalke’s stewardship.
This is part of the normal coach/GM dynamic I mentioned at the top, but specifically when Harbaugh uses a press conference moment to bellow “pay the man!” when asked about kicker Phil Dawson… well, that was a little obvious.

I think Harbaugh is sensitive to the mood of the locker room, as he should be, and when respected vets like Dashon Goldson or Isaac Sopoaga can’t land deals with the 49ers after good seasons, and Carlos Rogers is asked to take a pay cut, I’m sure other players start to look around and wonder.

Baalke has to be sensitive to that, too, but he also has to make sure the 49ers don’t get locked into chunky deals with declining players. It’s the way the dynamic goes. Somebody has to be the bad guy and Harbaugh has made sure the players know it’s not him.

* Baalke has given Harbaugh general personnel leeway at one position–quarterback–and though Harbaugh is a tremendous QB evaluator, things got very manic with the back-up spots last season, which Baalke had to step in and end eventually.
I don’t think Baalke liked doing it and I don’t think Harbaugh appreciated Baalke doing it.

* This just a theory, but knowing the way Harbaugh operates, I think it’s possible he was not fully on-board with trading Alex Smith last off-season, though Smith was fated to be Colin Kaepernick’s back-up if he stayed.

Baalke and York decided it was best for the 49ers and for Smith to let him be a starter somewhere else, and Baalke negotiated a killer deal with KC–turned out to be two 2nd-round picks for a back-up QB.

* Harbaugh’s habit of riling up opponents has caused Baalke some irritation–and forced him to make some conciliatory phone calls after particularly impulsive Harbaugh events.

These would include the Harbaugh-Jim Schwartz “over-enthusiastic” post-game handshake and Harbaugh’s jibe at the Seahawks after several Seattle players flunked PED tests, saying ”you always want to be above reproach.”

–Summary: Any single one of these things (and there are many more, no doubt) are far from game-changers for any coach-GM relationship, but it’s the accumulation that creates the real conflict.

Grudges can last forever with high-powered men, and Harbaugh and Baalke have journeyed a lot of distance in three seasons, with building emotion.

They’ve also won a lot of games. I think they will continue to do so for at least one more season. But you want to know why it isn’t fated to go much longer than that? This is why.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawaka...ough-it-owen-marecic-a-j-jenkins-aldon-smith/

To me its basically a fight for control, by that i mean harbaugh wants it this way trent wants it the other way. For example harbaugh has stated many times ho he wants a certain player back, but trent lets them go. I dont think it will end good.

This is the 2nd article I've read that was written by Kawakami since the news broke. A lot of words, almost as many theories and opinions. Zero cold hard facts. It's been four days and he has nothing that's footnote worthy. Pathetic.

kawakami is a blogger.

his job is to stir up speculation and conversation. 

anyone expecting more should look elsewhere. 

Even after reading the Kawakami article, I have the same question/opinion. I dont know that I fully believe there is as big of a roblem as is being reported....and if there truly , what the hell could have caused this?

Much ado about nothing, IMO. It's all about contract negotiations.

Besides, turmoil between GM and Coach can produce successful results like the 90s Bulls

whos hopping on the donte moncrief bandwagon with me?!? starting to feel like he will end up being the most complete wide out in the entire draft. kid has it all. reminds me of a young TO. 6'2, 220 lbs, good hands, smooth route running ability, vertical threat(4.4 40), good blocker, ETC. overall really well rounded.  I think might be the guy the 49ers need to grab. best part about him is he can be grabbed in the 2nd.

Last edited:
Oh I'm on the wagon too Red he is alot
Like Cordarelle Patterson from last year only
More accomplished stats wise. He reminds me of Antonio Bryant when he was good

After I posted I had look at the deal the niners gave Bryant 4 year 14 million bargain price for a guy that talented. But he was a headcase

Back
Top Bottom