:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...arbaugh-zero-chance-i-leave-49ers-before-2015

Jim Harbaugh: 'Zero chance' I leave 49ers before 2015

Jim Harbaugh doesn't want to be the highest paid coach in the NFL. Jim Harbaugh isn't leaving San Francisco before his contract expires and Jim Harbaugh doesn't want more power. How do we know all of that? Because Jim Harbaugh said so.

In an interview with Sports Illustrated, the 49ers coach felt compelled to comment on things that he rarely comments on, like his contract. Harbaugh was asked if he could envision himself leaving San Francisco before his five-year year deal with the 49ers expires at the end of the 2015 season.

"No," Harbaugh said. "Zero opportunity or chance of that in my mind."

If something holds up a possible extension between the 49ers and Harbaugh, it doesn't sound like it will be money. Harbaugh seemed to scoff at the notion that he wants to be the league's highest-paid coach, he also said he has 'plenty of money.'

"I get paid extremely well," Harbaugh said. "Jed York has always been square dealing with me. I don't think about that as an issue... I've seen it written like fact: 'Harbaugh wants to be the highest paid coach in football', or 'desperately covets a new contract'. For the record: I make plenty of money. I mean, plenty of money.'"

According to the San Jose Mercury News, Harbaugh and his agent said last summer that they would be shelving extension talks unless the team made Harbaugh the 'NFL's top-paid coach.'

Someone who might not be making enough money, according to Harbaugh, is defensive coordinator Vic Fangio. Harbaugh said the front office should focus on giving Fangio more money, "He has not had a raise since he's been here," Harbaugh said. "Focus on that."

The third-year 49ers coach also said he's not in a power struggle with general manager Trent Baalke. "I have never said that [I want more power], nor do I want any more power than I have," Harbaugh said. "I coach the team. I've told my owner I don't want any more power. I want to coach the team. And I've never told anybody else otherwise."

"We're both demanding and we want to be accountable for ourselves, for each other," Harbaugh said of Baalke. "If you haven't had a brother, you probably don't understand the relationship between the GM and the head coach. We're partners on the same team. I have great respect for him. He works extremely hard at it and is very good at it. We are all part of a team. I believe in the structure we have. I don't want to change anything that we do in that regard."

Harbaugh also added that he communicates with Baalke regularly, "We talk daily, hourly."

As for the report he was almost traded to Cleveland? .

"There was never any opportunity to leave the San Francisco 49ers," he says. "If that existed, it existed in somebody else's mind, not mine. I am too fond of my team, the players, the coaches. I really feel like we have one of the best, if not the best organizations in football."

Harbaugh has now spoken. The question is, does this clear things up or make them murkier?

Larry Fitzgerald
Julio Jones
AJ Green
Calvin Johnson

Brandon Marshall
Jordy Nelson
Reggie Wayne
Dez Bryant
Michael Crabtree
Alshon Jeffrey
TY Hilton
Antonio Brown
Pierre Garçon
Marques Colston
Anquan Boldin

Personally, yes, I think Crabtree is Top 10. But he's certainly in that wash where you can interchange a lot of guys for that 10th spot.

Larry Fitzgerald
Julio Jones
AJ Green
Calvin Johnson

Brandon Marshall
Jordy Nelson
Reggie Wayne
Dez Bryant
Michael Crabtree
Alshon Jeffrey
TY Hilton
Antonio Brown
Pierre Garçon
Marques Colston
Anquan Boldin

Personally, yes, I think Crabtree is Top 10. But he's certainly in that wash where you can interchange a lot of guys for that 10th spot.
my top 10, no order

calvin johnson

larry fitzgerald

dez bryant

josh gordon

julio jones

antonio brown

aj green

brandon marshall

desean jackson

andre johnson

crabtree might be top 15

Crabtree has yet to play a full season with Kaep... They played really good in 2012 when Kaep took over.. Hopefully this season they play all 16 games and I bet more people will say hes top 10

2a.) Jimmie Ward S - think he'll be sitting there at the beginning of 2nd so we'll likely have to trade up couple spots to grab him. another physical, ballhawk added to our secondary with excellent first step, range and speeeeed. fundamentally sound tackler and can be asked to cover if need be. bye hitner.

Last edited:

here's my first post-combine, pre-free agency mock draft. only doing first 3 rounds because we have 5 picks and after that it becomes a !@#$storm. plus first 3 rounds are the sexiest
pimp.gif
. a lot of the 49er insiders like matt maiocco dont think we'll go with receiver in first round so i adjusted my mock draft accordingly and tried to go with best player i thought would be available while filling needs.

1.) Jason Verrett CB - local kid.
Stopped reading right here.  The 49ers dont draft local kids (especially high).

Normally, "stopped reading ___" is an insult.  Dont take it that way jecc.  I never heard of any of these guys
laugh.gif

Last edited:
speaking of big ticket misses on local...off the top of my head, i'm thinking of djax and rodgers.

any other should've beens?

Last edited:
speaking of big ticket misses on local...off the top of my head, i'm thinking of djax and rodgers.

lol hopefully weve learned our lesson. 2 of the better prospects for positions of need are local guys(brandin cooks and jason verrett).

Last edited:
:lol: well, yes, of course tom brady. however, everrryyyonee passed on him. so i wouldn't consider him a 'high profile' player coming out of college

I guess i should've set some parameters. i was thinking more so rd1&2 prospect, or even 3 if you want to stretch it.

added videos to my mock for those of you who have never seen some of these guys.

Sometimes I wonder if Rodgers would have been successful for the niners during the nolan/singletary era. An impossible situation to predict, but the offensive line during those years were beyond putrid. Kwame Harris was about as effective at blocking as Bart police is at stopping fare hoppers. Not to mention, who the hell did we have as receivers? Arnez battle? Lloyd? :lol:

Aaron Rodgers would have had a lot less of a scared look on his face in huddles. Alex smith used to have his helmet barely above eyes as if he didnt want to see anything due to how petrified he was.

Oh yeah Kwame Harris was pathetic I knew when we drafted him he was gonna be a dud dude was more enchanted with playing the piano. After his playing days he came out of the closet no surprise dude played like a female.

Rashaun woods was a dud I think due to his invested interest in bass fishing. You gotta find guys who are into just football. Genuinely just love the game not guys looking for a check.

Last edited:
Seriously though we need guys who love the game of football as much as Harbaugh As much as Kap, Bowman, boldin, and gore hate when we miss on guys like AJ Jenkins who just don't look the part of a guy who's
Dedicated.

Skill position guys are more who I'm talking about cuz our guys we've selected in the trenches have met or exceeded expectations at this point.

Man if we can land Shane Skov in the 3rd round
eek.gif
eek.gif
. Love this dude's game. I don't know if he'll be available by the 3rd though...

He'll be there. A lot of people feel he's not fully recovered from his injury and he's projected 3-4 by scouts so when he's there Trent will pluck him right off the boards. We all know Trent reads this thread so go ahead and follow it pick for pick. He must be busting nuts at the thought of all that speed and ball hawking in the secondary with our front getting the heat on the QB that they do. :pimp: You can thank me later Trent.

:lol:

Last edited:
LMAO if these reports are true Kap is feeling himself waaaay too much.

Keep looking in the draft for a QB Jimmy. I see you.
wink.gif

Jason Verrett reminds me of Antoine Winfield. Plays larger than his size. Unafraid of contact or tackling.

Skov may be a better fit for San Francisco, but I prefer Yawin Smallwood in general as a LB prospect.

Crabby is not a top 10 WR. In no particular order: Megatron, Fitz, A.J. Green, Demaryius, Marshall, Dezzy, Julio, Gordon, Roddy, Dre, V-Jax, Antonio Brown, Cruz.

[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Kaepernick will get $20M deal whether Niners pay up now or later[/h1]
Colin Kaepernick  won't be signing any contract for $18 million a season. Not for $18.5 million per year, either. The idea he would be happy to land a deal in the range of what Tony Romo  or Jay Cutler  is earning is a complete and total misnomer. Ain't happenin'.

So I'll let you in on a little secret: The 49ers  already know this. Unequivocally. Their negotiations with their young franchise quarterback are still in their infancy, but they are quite aware there aren't any bargain deals to be had here. Far from it. Talks with Kaepernick, if they truly get off the ground, will begin at $20 million a year.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/write...m-per-deal-whether-niners-pay-up-now-or-later

Back
Top Bottom