:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What happened to a Tom Brady type deal got cap relief. Mad disappointed after reading that.
Disappointed?  I seriously dont get you guys at all.

I wasnt disappointed at all reading that.  In fact, I was pumped up beyond belief.  It just reaffirmed how good Colin Kaepernick already is....and he is only going to get better.

And "Tom Brady type deal for cap relief" didnt happen on Tom's first contract after his rookie deal.....just so you know. 

Bro I'm sorry your a bit out of touch on this one. Kap after the season made comments about how he wants a deal that fairly compensates him, as well as allowing the Niners to make moves in upcoming free agency. That's why I said Tom Brady type deal because that is exactly what Brady did. He talked about it and then signed a deal that helped the team financially.

With that being said this is counterintuitive to providing cap relief. As its been said on here if he signs for 20 mil we will lose crabs and Iupati almost certainly.

Kap wanting 20 million a year is in no way shape or form any kind of reaffirmation about how great a player he is. If he wants a deal in that Matt Ryan ball park he has to come along farther as a passer. They should wait another year to ink anything because were not gonna be saving a whole lot either way it looks.

Last edited:
Like I said a couple pages back I have no problem paying Kap 18mil a year but we need to see growth. Dude REGRESSED last year from a fundamental quarterbacking POV. The 49ers dont need to extend him. He's under contract for 1 more year and they can save money by franchise tagging him. Sorry Kap, but you need to spend less time on jets with Josh Gordon taking instagram pics and more time in the class room studying.

roll.gif
at 20mil and i'm a big Kap supporter.

Last edited:
Also I can almost guarantee Russell Wilson when it's time to extend will be a looking out for the best interest of the team and his family.

And he can do that by signing for around 10 million dollars a year.

I'm a huge Kap supporter also hope dude is piping a dime while studying schemes but I just can't say he is deserving of all that money. Our defense is a top 3 unit since he's been QB with a strong run game he is in an ideal situation.

Last edited:
Bro I'm sorry your a bit out of touch on this one. Kap after the season made comments about how he wants a deal that fairly compensates him, as well as allowing the Niners to make moves in upcoming free agency. That's why I said Tom Brady type deal because that is exactly what Brady did. He talked about it and then signed a deal that helped the team financially.
Sorry man.  If you dont think that based on the current market, that $18M a year is a deal that fairly compensates him, then it is YOU that is out of touch here.  I know we all want to pay a great QB as little as possible, but thats simply living in a fantasy world.  Like I said, an $18M a year contract puts him in Jay Cutler territory.  And if you dont believe he is in Jay Cutler territory, then I dont know what to say.
As its been said on here if he signs for 20 mil we will lose crabs and Iupati almost certainly.
This is a narrative that is really popular on here, but I cant get behind it.  There is absolutely no concrete proof that we would lose these guys, simply because of Kaepernick's extension.  Why dont we let Marathe, our cap wiz, work his magic before we make baseless statements like "we will not be able to re-sign ____ if we extend Kap."  This is completely putting aside the fact that the cap is expected to go no where but up in the coming years.

Kap wanting 20 million a year is in no way shape or form any kind of reaffirmation about how great a player he is. 
Can you find one piece of print that stats Kap wants $20M a year?  No you cant.  That report by Jason La Canfora is an OPINION piece. 

The 49ers dont need to extend him. He's under contract for 1 more year and they can save money by franchise tagging him.
If you agree that Kaepernick is our franchise quarterback (which I think you do), I dont understand why you (and others) are willing to alienate him by not willing to work with him.  He wants an extension.  Not giving him a pay raise this year, and then franchising him the year after, will not make him happy.  I dont see why so many people are opposed to keeping him happy.  Giving him exactly what he wants is not the only way to keep him happy.  But we dont want to piss him off. 

Not even going to get in depth on your idea about him needing to study more.  It has been stated ad nauseam that he is the hardest working player on the team.

Jay cutler's deal is for less than Brady's

Brady stuck behind what he said. Could easily be top 2 paid QB in the game Stafford makes more than Brady.

I'm disappointed due to the precursor of comments alluding to him taking less than what he was probably due all for the teams future.

Look what happened when ravens got the deal for Flacco done. That team had to lose core guys young proven guys as well. It's part of the business I know a player is going to take what the market bares but, Kap is in a position to Either be Brady or Cutler. What's it gonna be?

D land is correct tho in that we should stop jumping to conclusions about players we will lose in upcoming years free agency. The cap is projected to continue to rise slightly.

If you agree that Kaepernick is our franchise quarterback (which I think you do), I dont understand why you (and others) are willing to alienate him by not willing to work with him.  He wants an extension.  Not giving him a pay raise this year, and then franchising him the year after, will not make him happy.  I dont see why so many people are opposed to keeping him happy.  Giving him exactly what he wants is not the only way to keep him happy.  But we dont want to piss him off. 

Not even going to get in depth on your idea about him needing to study more.  It has been stated ad nauseam that he is the hardest working player on the team.

Yes, I do think he is our franchise QB for the foreseeable future. I have no problem giving him an extension, but as much as he wants us to work with him he needs to work with us. If there's any truth to Jason LaConfora's report(which I doubt) or his agent is really setting the minimum at 20 million a year then it is in the 49er's best interest to use their leverage with the franchise tag. The team > Kap. Jay Cutler type contract numbers are more practical and comparable.

As far as the hardest working player on the team - in the gym? Sure. In the study room? Debatable. Has anyone ever seen Kap on the sidelines looking at the film or the playbook?? The guy struggles immensely deciphering defenses, progessing through his reads and making intelligent QBing decisions. He's still really raw and lacking in the mental aspect of QBing. We need to see more growth on his behalf from the mental aspect of quarterbacking. Kap's greatest strengths are his god given gifts while his greatest weaknesses are basic quarterback principles. :x

The thing with Kap is if he continues to grow and develop he has the potential to be the best QB in the NFL by a lot.

Last edited:
As far as the hardest working player on the team - in the gym? Sure. In the study room? Debatable. Has anyone ever seen Kap on the sidelines looking at the film or the playbook?? The guy struggles immensely deciphering defenses, progessing through his reads and making intelligent QBing decisions. He's still really raw and lacking in the mental aspect of QBing. We need to see more growth on his behalf from the mental aspect of quarterbacking. Kap's greatest strengths are his god given gifts while his greatest weaknesses are basic quarterback skills.
sick.gif

The thing with Kap is if he continues to grow and develop he has the potential to be the best QB in the NFL by a lot.
As I have said before, fortunately, the things Kap struggles with can all be learned. 

I have a question for you.  And please dont be offended by this.....but do you go to games?  That question is not intended to ask about your football knowledge, because I have great respect for what you post.  I ask because people who say "I never see Kap looking at the playbook or pictures on the sidelines" typically are going off of what they see on TV.  I go to every home game, and Kap is always talking to coaches, looking at papers which I assume are pictures or parts of the playbook....yet I rarely see this captured on television broadcasts. 

So with that being said, I think the idea that he just screws around on the sidelines is not true.

I went to a couple this year but not many. My family sold our season tickets a long time ago. You bring up a good point that maybe it just doesn't show up on television, but I am not the only one who has pointed this out. Tons of other 49er fans I know, some even on the 49ers' sidelines at times, have brought up this point and it just seems to occur too frequently whenever the cameras pans to him on the sidelines.

Last edited:
Thought you were referring to the kid Jimmy Garoppolo. Saw harbaugh worked him out today at the pro day.

Thought you were referring to the kid Jimmy Garoppolo. Saw harbaugh worked him out today at the pro day.
Jim and Bill O'Brien are very interested.

Just realized two 49ers have been my favorite players in the league in recent memory. Terrell Owens and now Colin Kaepernick. No wonder I pay so much attention to this thread.

Back
Top Bottom