:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BIG MONEY! 
pimp.gif

sad to see whitner go, but for that kind of money? Browns will Browns. Glad he cashedout, wish nothing but the best for him. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/11/phil-dawson-will-remain-with-49ers/

Phil Dawson will remain with 49ers

Posted by Josh Alper on March 11, 2014, 2:52 PM EDT

b8c84b4cff99d179e76cd15fb4dbe9cd
Getty Images

The franchise tag wasn’t a viable option for the 49ers to make sure kicker Phil Dawson remained with the team in 2014 because it would have paid him at the level of a franchised quarterback.

That didn’t eliminate the possibility of bringing him back, however, and Dawson tweeted a short time ago that he has re-signed with the team. Dawson wrote that he’s “excited and grateful” to return to the team on what Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com reports is a two-year deal.

Dawson is coming off a very strong season that saw him set a franchise record by making 27 straight field goals. He was 32-of-36 overall and all seven, including a game-winner in Green Bay, that he tried in the postseason. Dawson has the highest percentage of made field goals of any kicker in NFL history with at least 300 made field goals.

With Dawson joining Jay Feely, Adam Vinatieri and other veterans who have already re-signed with their teams. Steve Hauschka is the top remaining free agent set to hit the market, but a return to Seattle may be in the cards with few teams unsettled at the kicker position right now.

I was on the fence with Whitner returning from the get go. If it was for a cheap price, sure. He provides leadership and can lay the big hit, but that's about it. Glad we didn't overpay.

One of my friends thought I was crazy, but I told him last night that I wouldnt offer Whitner more than $4.5M a season.  For $8.5M?  Sorry Donte.  Good luck in Cleveland.

They were gonna let him test the open market wish the best for him. We need to draft Jimmie ward or Buchanon IMO at this point with one of those 2nds

Last edited:
laugh.gif
4 year/$26 mil for Bethea 

Edelman is going to Houston  I was tripping, not sure where I saw that 

Last edited:
ya, the Matt Barrows article that mentioned the 4 years/26 mil was just edited and now just says "The total amount is not known yet."

anddddd its official. niners announced byebye to carlos

Saves us nearly $7mil :pimp:

Some stats on Bethea:

Tre9er ‏@Tre9er 10m
Bethea has started 16 games for six consecutive seasons. Durability.

Oscar ‏@BetterRivals 6m
Bethea’s Tackling Efficiency: 15.7 tackles per miss. Whitner: 11.7. Mike Adams and Kenny Vaccaro top the list with 32 and 26.7 #49ers

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 5m
Antoine Bethea has recorded 100 tackles in each of his last 4 seasons, 5 of last 6. Since entering NFL in 2006, no DB has more tackles (804)

Tre9er ‏@Tre9er 9m
Last part key RT @TribStarTJames: Bethea was my favorite player to cover during his time with the Colts. A coach on the field.

Tre9er ‏@Tre9er 15m
Some high-points on Bethea: 100+ tackles each of last 4 seasons. 3.5 sacks, 5 FF in 8 year career (so not monster there). 14 career INT.

Back
Top Bottom