:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thats alot of money for a player that didnt have great last season like whitner did. Thats just $2 mill short of what whitner got. Hopefully its less..

Last edited:
Like I said a few posts up, the article that Barrows initially cited the contract was edited and now says the final contract numbers are known yet.

Last edited:
4 yrs and 23 mil. not bad and hopefully were not on the hook for a ton of guaranteed money. expect them to draft a safety and let him sit behind reid and bethea. i didnt like the idea of a rookie starting next to reid who's only in his 2nd year so this is good. solid player and even better person.

Last edited:
Neither of the 49ers presumed starting safties, Eric Reid or Antoine Bethea, had a single penalty in 2013.

This really hits the nail on the head. If they had really just seen enough with the personal foul flags for 15 yards then okay I guess it was time to make a change. Bathea is a good player smart and can/will probably be a leader in the locker room. Better player than Whitner? I don't think so.

Last edited:
Bethea is a pretty damn good safety...

Vontae expected to re-sign with Indy damn

whoa lol. hopefully harbaugh can work his magic. i remember reading about harbaugh liking him a the year he came out. this is a solid trade.

Last edited:
This really hits the nail on the head. If they had really just seen enough with the personal foul flags for 15 yards then oaky I guess it was time to make a change. Bathea is a good player smart and can/will probably be a leader in the locker room. Better player than Whitner? I don't think so.

I'm trying to find the tweet, but I also saw that Bethea had 15.7 tackles per miss to Hitner's 11.7

This really hits the nail on the head. If they had really just seen enough with the personal foul flags for 15 yards then oaky I guess it was time to make a change. Bathea is a good player smart and can/will probably be a leader in the locker room. Better player than Whitner? I don't think so.

I'm trying to find the tweet, but I also saw that Bethea had 15.7 tackles per miss to Hitner's 11.7

Here you go
Oscar ‏@BetterRivals 6m
Bethea’s Tackling Efficiency: 15.7 tackles per miss. Whitner: 11.7. Mike Adams and Kenny Vaccaro top the list with 32 and 26.7 #49ers

He's also very durable, has had 100+ tackles in 5 out of past 6 seasons and no DB has had more than him since he was drafted. I'm not too sure why he's getting hate for a 4year/$23 million contract nor why he'd be considered worse than Whitner.

Last edited:
2 solid moves so far. gabbert is going from one of the worst situations in the league to one of the best with a qb whisperer as his head coach. could turn into a solid backup. really good value for a 6th round pick. man trent is deadly with those 6th round picks.

Last edited:
Tim Ryan said the reason we didn't see Kap take off as much this past year is because of the backup situation and Colt McCoy was awful whereas when Alex Smith was backup we knew what he was capable of if Kap got hurt.

Yea you guys are probably right, I just think we havent improved in the S dept with the Bethea signing. We'll see though I trust Baalke. I still think S, WR, and CB are our top 3 needs.

bethea is a good player and great leader. just wait until you see him out on the field with our guys. he's your typical 49er high character, blue chipper that this regime looks for. donte whitner was responsible of calling out and adjusting coverages for the entire secondary. you dont want to give that job to a rookie or a guy coming off his rookie season.

CB or WR is a lock in the 1st round unless they go BPA which would likely end up being a defensive linemen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom