:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
he's got a real QB now and no more big, physical NFCW cornerbacks jamming him at the line. i knew he was going to do good in Oakland. 
Great pickup for the Raiders. He will only make Carr better. He should do a lot better in that division. Raiders just need to add a vertical threat to compliment Crabtree, and they can do damage.
derek carr is special. you cant risk passing on a franchise QB when the opportunity arises.

Last edited:
Seen less than a minute of that highlight of jaylon, i want him on the 49ers.
dude is a rare breed. elite athlete out there and a high character guy. he's the play caller on that defense. he will be a top 5 pick, so we'll have to continue to suck if we want him.

Last edited:
i forgot all about our cap room.

in that case could see $ being spent on the line.

dont know how i feel about another qb, need that defense to be at elite level again.

i like this highlight video better. you can get a better idea of his explosiveness and closing speed. i wouldn't be surprised if he goes #1 overall, tho.

Last edited:
i think this is one of those rare situations where being a tweener isn't a bad thing for him. i think he's such an elite athlete that you can move him all over the field. plug him in the middle with bow and he'll shine, or you can slide him out in nickel and let him get after the QB. he can also cover like a ************.

he'll fill out nicely with NFL strength coaches and meals. i think he can add 10lbs to his frame and keep his explosiveness. 

a lot of mocks have him as the best player in the entire draft, so he's going to go quick.

Last edited:
this play is AMAZING. the combo of instincts, awareness, and play speed to catch up the WR in mid-stride. 
sick.gif

Last edited:
i think this is one of those rare situations where being a tweener isn't a bad thing for him. i think he's such an elite athlete that you can move him all over the field. plug him in the middle with bow and he'll shine, or you can slide him out in nickel and let him get after the QB. he can also cover like a ************.

sounds like our old fishing buddy :wow:

[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Jeremiah: Jaylon Smith reminiscent of Patrick Willis[/h1]
If Notre Dame linebacker Jaylon Smith wants to get a look at Patrick Willis, he'll have to find the recently retired San Francisco 49ers  star on YouTube. But the Fighting Irish's top defender doesn't have to mimic the former All-Pro linebacker to play like him.

NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah told FOXSports.com that Smith, who will be a junior this fall,reminds him of Willis  -- at least in one particular area.

[h6]College Football 24/7 Hot Topics:[/h6]
"I don't know if there's a better talent in the country," Jeremiah said. "The player he reminds me of is Patrick Willis just in terms of sheer explosiveness. I don't know what he'll run (in the 40), but it's really impressive when you watch him in a game against Florida State with Dalvin Cook and all the athletes they have and (Smith) looks like the fastest guy on the field."

College Football 24/7  named Smith one of the top 15 defensive players  in the nation last month. The 6-foot-2, 235-pounder was a Butkus Award finalist as a sophomore last year, establishing himself as one of the elite linebackers in the country in just his second year of college. He made 112 tackles, nine for losses, and played his best football against Notre Dame's toughest competition: he made a career-high 14 tackles against Southern Cal and Stanford.

Smith enters 2015 as a frontrunner for the Butkus honor.

Jeremiah also said Notre Dame's Ronnie Stanley would have been the top offensive tackle chosen in the 2015 NFL Draft  had he chosen to forego his senior year.

watching the raider game, and this fool mike mitchell is knocking raider players out left and right. i want to see tartt doing the same today!!!

Yea that fool in the cut is a scary sight cause he usually aims for the knees. Also album smith aint doing nothin, he got rocked by deangelo williams.

[h1]Jim Harbaugh tweaks 49ers over uncovered receiver gaffe[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on November 8, 2015, 3:40 PM EST

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptfjndqwyja4otrlnzi2nwnlzmuxmgi3yzvmyzu4zdbl-e1447015172722.jpeg
AP
Last Sunday in St. Louis, 49ers receiver Torrey Smith  was uncovered on a play inside the San Francisco five. Quarterback Colin Kaepernickdidn’t change the play from a run to pass — and absorbed plenty of criticism for it.

This Sunday, former 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh addressed the situation, without naming names.

“We just train our quarterbacks to throw to people that aren’t covered, even if it’s a running play,” Harbaugh said, via CSNBayArea.com.

“I was watching an NFL game where they didn’t cover a receiver, and the quarterback handed it off and got maligned by scribes and pundits and so-called experts for not throwing it to him.”

Harbaugh seemed to be saying that Kaepernick didn’t have the ability to change the play. 49ers coach Jim Tomsula has said that Kaepernick did indeed have that power.

Kaepernick also admitted he should have seen it, and that he should have changed out of the called run. Two plays later, the Rams tackled the 49ers in the end zone for a safety, en route to a 27-6 win.

But the facts shouldn’t get in the way of a good burn from Harbaugh against the employer who fired him and acted liked it wasn’t a firing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom