:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know what fellas. I tried to accept losing in order for the greater good of the team but I just can't. I will be rooting for a win every game regardless of the situation.

Same. I want the core guys like Lynch, Armstead, Tartt, Ward and the other young guys to continue to make strides. These guys need to keep playing to win. 

Sucks we have zero pieces to build around on offense besides Los. 
sick.gif
mean.gif

That **** is WILD to me how the OL finally sees legit changes once kaep goes to the bench.

Im happy they trying to get tank to his natural position dude is too good not to be out there.

i wouldnt pay that fool **** either. did you see that article with kurt warnr discussing kap's footwork? it's so putrid. everything they worked on in the offseason was in vain.

if you watch the all-22, you will shake your damn head at all the opportunities that kap misses. to quote the great romanowski, "he's got raisins for nuts".

gabbert may not have the physical tools he does, but his feet are quicker and his footwork is technically sound. he sees the field, his release is quicker, and he showed much better poise in the pocket than kap. i can vividly remember at least 4 plays where kap would have conceded a sack vs ATL.

Last edited:
Warner leans on the table and watches video of a play from Week 4. Fourth quarter, 49ers down 17-3 to Green Bay, trying to rally. On second-and-5 from the Packers' 15-yard line, Kaepernick takes the shotgun snap, sees running back Reggie Bush wide open over the middle for what should be a walk-in touchdown. "A layup," Warner says. Kap fires it in the dirt. Warner rewinds the clip, then freezes the frame as Kap is throwing. "The biggest thing that I see with Kap quite often -- and it's frustrating -- are his feet." As Kap releases the ball, his feet are parallel to the line of scrimmage, rather than perpendicular. He's throwing with all arm, rather than with his body. The result is a pass both late -- Bush was open by three steps before Kap even noticed -- and inaccurate. "Normally good quarterbacks don't throw like that," Warner says.

Warner leans back, disheartened. They had focused on footwork in the offseason. He was even more disheartened when Kap told reporters that he was "not huge" on mechanics. "That tells a big story right there," Warner says. He isn't faulting Kap's work ethic. "He worked his butt off" in their time together, Warner says. He is saying that Kap isn't really a fifth-year quarterback. He's a fifth-year player, 28 years old, but developmentally behind the curve. Warner faults the way football is trending, with youth and college coaches putting their best athletes at quarterback and deploying them in the spread, exactly what happened to Kap at the University of Nevada. "So now," Warner says, "we're saying -- at the highest level, against the best talent -- you have to learn how to play quarterback. To me, it sounds impossible."
Warner moves on to another play, one that, on its surface, shows Kap summoning his old magic. It's against the Ravens, two weeks after the Packers game. He takes the shotgun snap and looks right, darts left as if to run, spins back right, resets and fires a 21-yard touchdown to receiver Quinton Patton, a combination of arm strength and elusiveness that only a few quarterbacks can match. But no. Warner rewinds to the beginning. Kap sees that his first read is covered. Warner points out that his second read, Anquan Boldin, is wide open on a slant. But Kap doesn't even look his way. Instead, he panics, in a clean pocket. "His feet go haywire," Warner says. "There was no pressure." And when Kap throws, his feet are in the same position as they were on the misfire to Bush. It raises more questions than it answers.
XuJRKJ.gif

that's the play warner is referring to in the second paragraph. smfh. look at boldin crossing kap's eyes YET HE STILL DOESN'T SEE HIM. he's too busy ******** his pants at the ghosts he's seeing.

Last edited:
literally no pressure but he's running around like a chicken with its head cut off. he has easily 5-6 seconds before anyone is even close to him and had he just climbed the pocket he would have seen Q, just terrible

I would tend to agree if he had demonstrated consistent poise throughout his career, but he simply hasn't. He's always had happy feet in the pocket, and he's always been unable to see the field. He simply isn't poised when the bullets are flying. The guy is literally the football embodiment of the idiom "deer in the headlights".

The good QBs find a way to remain poised. It is an essential attribute to being a good QB in the NFL. Russell Wilson has been sacked 31 times this year and is on pace for 70+ sacks. That didn't stop him from dropping that dime on us when he went to Lockett for that deep TD. Aaron Rodgers was sacked 51 times 2012 and 50 in 2009. Didn't phase him.

Hell, Derek Carr is in his SECOND year, and he has surpassed Kaepernick by light years in his pocket passing development. He stood in the pocket to make a throw and took a shot from Muhammad Wilkerson a couple two weeks ago that had me shaking my head because I know that ***** boy Kap would've bailed out long before the throw.

We've talked about this **** ad nauseum. Poise and vision are just the tip of the iceberg. Every week it's the same **** on the all-22 and has been for the last 4 years. This guy has so many fundamental flaws it's exhausting repeatedly going over them. 

Last edited:
Still #teamkaep

Although he has dancing feet ive seen enough to know he can lead us back to where we need to be

Yea kap hit the leaque on fire and opposing teams didnt know how to respond to the rapidly successful kaepernick. As time went by teams have figured out his weakness and kap has shown no progress. After watcing gabbert sit back in the pocket and be poised i knew at that moment that its time to move on from kap. Im thankful for all the great memories he has given us and wish him nothing but sucess with the next team he starts for. Its just time from both sides.

Last edited:
Also i have no doubt in my mind that kap can be elite given the right scheme. With the right coaches and play calling he can be a great QB. Another reason we should move on here we dont have the right scheme or coaches calling plays.

I would tend to agree if he had demonstrated consistent poise throughout his career, but he simply hasn't. He's always had happy feet in the pocket, and he's always been unable to see the field. He simply isn't poised when the bullets are flying. The guy is literally the football embodiment of the idiom "deer in the headlights".

The good QBs find a way to remain poised. It is an essential attribute to being a good QB in the NFL. Russell Wilson has been sacked 31 times this year and is on pace for 70+ sacks. That didn't stop him from dropping that dime on us when he went to Lockett for that deep TD. Aaron Rodgers was sacked 51 times 2012 and 50 in 2009. Didn't phase him.

Hell, Derek Carr is in his SECOND year, and he has surpassed Kaepernick by light years in his pocket passing development. He stood in the pocket to make a throw and took a shot from Muhammad Wilkerson a couple two weeks ago that had me shaking my head because I know that ***** boy Kap would've bailed out long before the throw.

We've talked about this **** ad nauseum. Poise and vision are just the tip of the iceberg. Every week it's the same **** on the all-22 and has been for the last 4 years. This guy has so many fundamental flaws it's exhausting repeatedly going over them. 
What's even more baffling is week 1 week 2 this year he was climbing the pocket and looking off safeties. Throughly going through his progressions and displayed poise.

He may be able to get it back on track but it's not gonna be here.

We simply cant afford to allocate that much money to a QB whose play is detrimental to the team. Better spent resigning Boone, Williams, Celek, and bringing impact free agents. 

I am already pumped up for the draft. I still got my eyes on Jaylon Smith or Jared Goff. 
nerd.gif
 I think both can be game changers.

Last edited:
Crazy it took them 9 week to notice how booty the right side of the line was :smh:

Or is it they just wanted to see Kap fail :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom