:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this is my fav kap picture. my man franky g and kap keeping it hood at the press conference 
roll.gif

Last edited:
Aldon Smith's future remains unclear one week after a bizarre airport arrest in Los Angeles.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday on "NFL Total Access" that the 49ers do not plan to cut Smith, who has $3 million in guaranteed salary next season.

That doesn't come close to solving Smith's problems, however.

Rapoport said a suspension at the start of the season is likely, per sources involved in the situation, though it's unknown how many games it will last.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...s-to-release-aldon-smith?campaign=Twitter_atl

If Aldon is infact suspended I think it could prove to be a good thing. Aldon is a MONSTER at rushing the passer, but ever since he's been a every down linebacker there's a lot of plays where dude is huffing and puffing and has to take the play off. This defense was at it's best in 2011 when Pary Haralson was the base OLB and Aldon would come in just to rush the passer. I am big on rotating your line, constantly bringing fresh guys and fatiguing the opposing offensive line the way Seattle did to us this year and New York did in 2011. The lack of substituting fresh guys was flaw that was exposed in the 2012 playoff run. Our guys were carrying way too much of the load and looked more fatigued the further the playoffs went.

Fangio went with the tandem of Skuta/Lemonier when Aldon was out and things worked out nicely. I think Dan Skuta is a good player and Lemonier has shown some flashes. Adding more depth in the draft will help as well.

Last edited:
I think Lemonier handled the the Aldon role pretty well when he was out... If indeed Aldon is out, it'll be Lemoniers time to shine again!

warning: you will be enamored if not already

"I want to take the top off defenses for my child hood team(49ers)"

"you dont have to worry about me in my free time. my life is football and my family"

Ted robinson with the call at 1:43. Preview of the future? 
devil.gif

Last edited:
I'm totally on the bandwagon (in spite of my repeated acknowledgment that I do not follow college football very much at all).  Brandin Cooks looks like the goods, and he is really the only player I want in the first round.  Problem is, most of the mocks I have been seeing recently have him going anywhere from 16-23.  Doesn't look like he will be stretching the field in Santa Clara unless we trade up.

I'm trying to look for an article that was suggesting a possible change to a 4-3 this upcoming season because of defensive line depth and anticipating both Aldon and Bowman being out for some time. I'll edit and update as soon as I find it...

I'm trying to look for an article that was suggesting a possible change to a 4-3 this upcoming season because of defensive line depth and anticipating both Aldon and Bowman being out for some time. I'll edit and update as soon as I find it...
I read that article. It aint happening aslong as Fangio is our D coord which is hopefully a looong time.

cant go wrong with either guy!

for me cooks has the slight edge over OBjr. OB played in the tougher conference, better returner, slightly better route running ability and hands, but cooks edges him out in all aspects of athleticism and my favorite trait: toughness. not to mention cooks is a local kid and grew up a 49er fan. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Draft day is getting close. 
pimp.gif

@49ersaaron8  @SylvesterMcGrizzly  have either of you ever seen john brown from pittburg st play? never seen him myself but he seems like a interesting prospect. wheels for days and could be a good late day 3 pick. dat 4.34 40 
sick.gif
 heard the niners are bringing him in for private work out.

there's so many good WR prospects i wouldnt be surprised to see the niners not grab a WR until end of day 2 or early day 3. one guy who wont be there anymore is cody latimer. dude is getting crazy looks now. no more high picks on big10 WRs for me tho. AJ ruined it for me. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Be honest didnt watch any Pitt games except that opener vs Florida state and that was only to see if the hype was real on Winston. So I think I changed the channel when Pitt was on offense. If we're going one trick pony deep threat I wouldn't mind Martavis Bryant Clemson very quick for a long strider.

i honestly dont expect us to trade up and grab one of the big hitters so i want a combination of a physical, possession guy(davante adams, allen robinson, jordan matthews, cody latimer, jarvis landry
devil.gif
) and a one trick pony(paul richardson, martavis bryant, bruce ellington or maybe some unknown like this john brown kid). sorry jon baldwin, but youre SOL and i need that roster spot. with crabs in his walk year grabbing one of these guys is key.

Last edited:
LMJ don't want his workout bonus aka trade me
Reports out of the Bay Area last week had the 49ers shopping running back LaMichael Jamesin a trade  and James seemed to welcome the opportunity  to try on a different uniform when referencing them in a later tweet.

It looks like there will be more fuel for that fire this week. Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com reports that James will not attend  the team’s voluntary offseason workouts, which begin on Monday, and will instead work out on his own in Texas.

James will forfeit a $50,000 workout bonus if he does that, but may see it as a small price to pay if it leads to him playing somewhere else in 2014. Per Maiocco, James would welcome a fresh start after playing in just 14 games for the 49ers in two seasons after they made him a second-round pick in the 2012 draft.

The 49ers have Kendall HunterMarcus Lattimore  and Jewel Hampton  at running back along with Frank Gore  and James, so his absence from workouts isn’t going to help him earn more playing time in the backfield. Whether they’ll be able to trade him is unclear, but it looks increasingly unlikely that James will have any role with the Niners in the coming season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/21/report-lamichael-james-wont-attend-49ers-workouts/

The hype for Latimer is strong right now. Honestly he reminds me of Crabtree when he was coming out. Maybe a little more explosive. They both have that basketball background and know how to shield defenders and pluck the ball out the air.

I'm convinced that Brandin Cooks will have an Antonio Brown like impact in the league. Just get him the ball any way you can and it will result in big plays more often than not. Huge on him but IMO he will be gone by 30. Prolly 99% of people who know anything about the draft figure he will be gone also.

Last edited:
wow bowman was in the house for day 1 of voluntary workouts.

bowman will be on the field sooner rather than later. this guy aint your average human. 
pimp.gif

aldon smith was also in the house. and yes, he was sober.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom