:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
has talent speed and athleticism but technique is shaky and got burned and used way too often for a guy who's viewed as a top flight cb prospect. I cringe watching that wisconsin game
good to see you back in here!
Should we start scouting for some stud OLBs in the future. I rather use the money and resign Iupati, Kap, and Crabs. Aldon is extremely talented. But I think I rather have someone hungrier, and deserving than this bonehead.
we're definitely taking a look at OLB prospects. demarcus lawrence DE from boise st visited us yesterday. hopefully they take a look at my dude trent murphy. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
good to see you back in here!

thanks. Work has been crazy lately. I did read thru the thread and seen you softening your hard line stance against kb a lil.

I see Tom Savage is picking up some steam amongst many teams. I was hoping he'd stay under the radar and the niners get him late day 3. That looks like a pipe dream now. :smh:.

This team is a little entitled now. I don't know if that's a good thing. But anything involving bare-butt kaep is funny. Dude is so thirsty on Instagram tho!

1 yr 1 million for Lloyd no guarantees or incentives so pretty much out perform Patton and/or rookies to get a spot. I can see something like Boldin/Crabs/Patton/Lloyd/Rookie/Osgood for our WRs. Baldwin gets the cut, but I read before they usually only carry 5 WRs a season might change if they want to run more 3 WR personnel

With the Aldon Smith thing, I think that we should pick up his option for next year and basically tell him that he has to two seasons to prove that he can behave himself, or he will not be getting any sort of long term extension. 

The idea of us cutting him is beyond ridiculous IMO.  Yes he is an idiot, and yes he needs constant supervision.  Get him the help!  Dont just let him go.

This team is in a win now mode, so I highly doubt they would cut him, but picking up his option? I don't know, that's a tough one. I don't think he deserves two years to prove he can behave himself. If he wants a long term deal, get your act together now and you may possibly get one.

If they don't pick up his option, do you guys think that gives Kap any more leverage?

The reason I said two years to prove he is worthy of a long term extension with us, is (and correct me if I am wrong) that his option needs to be picked up in like a month.  If we dont pick up his option, we would then be forced to make a decision on him. 

[h1]Report: Aldon Smith may not play for 49ers in 2014[/h1]
By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com

April 16, 2014 12:27 pm ET

It's hard to deny Aldon Smith's talent -- the 2011 first-round pick has 42 sacks in 43 games -- but the 49ers have grown weary of the ever-growing list of off-field incidents. The latest came last Sunday when the linebacker was arrested and charged with a false report of a bomb threat. He also has two previous DUI arrests, the last coming in September.

Through it all, the 49ers have supported Smith -- but that could be changing.

Several sources involved with the team's decision making tell MercuryNews.com's Tim Kawakami that not only has Smith lost the benefit of the doubt, he likely won't play for the 49ers in 2014.

There's still a lot to sort through: any criminal charges that come from the latest arrest, as well as the NFL sanctions that will almost certainly follow. But the bottom line seems to be that Smith's inability to stay out of trouble might have finally caught up with him.

Kawakami writes that this doesn't mean the 49ers will release Smith anytime soon, "But there is a weariness and frustration over Smith's behavior that I've never heard involving any recent 49ers player. Until this week.

"And this is coming from people with the team who defended Smith full-tilt after his DUI arrest last September and emphasized back then that he voluntarily was seeking help, which was a clear sign that he was ready to address his problems," Kawakami continued. "It's a very, very different tone now. Starkly different. ...

"I'm also told that the weariness and frustration is mostly focused on Smith, and that team management supports Colin Kaepernick through the 'suspicious incident' that Miami police are still investigating and that the 49ers are not planning to release [Chris] Culliver despite his felony and misdemeanor hit-and-run charges recently."

For now, Kawakami writes, the 49ers will let the legal process play out. Smith is set to have a hearing on April 29 before a Santa Clara judge. And while this isn't solely about Sunday's arrest at LAX, Smith's pattern of behavior is a problem.

We could get some sense of just how committed the 49ers are to Smith's future as soon as early next month. The team faces a May 3 deadline to pick up the $9.75 million option for 2015. Kawakami hears the team isn't likely to do it, which means that Smith could be headed for free agency next March -- if not sooner.

Yeah they have until may 3rd to make a decision. Does the money become guaranteed once they pick up his option?

trent needs to call the saints. i mentioned them as a good spot for him a couple months ago when he started complaining on twitter again. makes even more sense now that sproles is gone. NO would know exactly how to uitilize LMJ.

Last edited:
Cant trade him to a team we could possibly see in the playoffs, send him to kc
Cant trade a guy with fumbling issues to a team we could see in the playoffs?  Not sure I can get behind this logic.

Last edited:
If we can get a 4th or 5th for LMJ we should pull the trigger, but who would return punts and kicks? I know he was shaky at times but we still do need a replacement returner.

I guess we can find a gem in the draft but I kinda miss Ted Ginn dude was dangerous AF

Last edited:
Kendall returning kicks is straight. But he is gonna have that learning curve fielding punts because he just has never done it.

Yeah. Him and Parrish were fielding punts in practice as the backups when LMJ took over for Kyle Williams. 

Back
Top Bottom