:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kendall Hunter signed with the Saints, is there any reason we didn't try and bring him back when we were depleted at RB?

CWYgJXPXIAIoOrs.png

:lol: :pimp:

Kendall Hunter signed with the Saints, is there any reason we didn't try and bring him back when we were depleted at RB?
I think there was a condition on his waiver that the team couldn't re-sign him...I think the injury settlement.

every time i revisit his tape, i am reminded how much i love goff. from his footwork to seeing the field and making decisions, the guy plays so quick, assertive and controlled like the great ones do.

@:55 :x :pimp:

those feet, man. they are ELITE. :pimp:

the right thing jed and give this kid the chance to blossom. do not leave him in the hands of tomsula. :smh:  hue jackson, josh mcdaniels, adam, gase, etc give me anyone with any sort of offensive aptitude. 
he would not be able to do that with our oline lets be real here

Obviously you haven't watched many Cal games because the line was just as atrocious as ours this season.

you don't draft a franchise QB unless you plan to shore up the line, and hire a offensive-minded head coach to cultivate his development.

Last edited:
Obviously you haven't watched many Cal games because the line was just as atrocious as ours this season.

you don't draft a franchise QB unless you plan to shore up the line, and hire a offensive-minded head coach to cultivate his development.
how are you going to compare a college o line to a pro ? You just cant its literally men and boys..

how are you going to compare a college o line to a pro ? You just cant its literally men and boys..
Why would I compare the lines? I would compare how the quarterback performs under duress...which Goff clearly has excelled at.

Last edited:
 The coaching staff is a death sentence.
Right. I love you Jimmy T for what you did with our defensive lines, but I can't have this guy right here entrusted with the golden child.

I am sorry, Jimmy. I tried to be optimistic. Lesson learned.

Last edited:
[h1]  [/h1]
49ers co-owner 'disappointed in the season.'
By Daniel [email protected]
POSTED:   12/16/2015 03:31:07 PM PST0 COMMENTS| UPDATED:   99 MIN. AGO

REDWOOD CITY — At a meeting Wednesday to salute the 49ers' past, co-owner John York acknowledged the frustration surrounding the team's present.

"This was not a good season. But you have my assurance that the ownership of the 49ers is very passionate about this team. And we are here to win,'' York said.

It was a rare public statement from the York family during the team's tumultuous 4-9 start. With three games to go, Jed York, the 49ers CEO and the son of John and Denise DeBartolo York, has refrained from speaking to the media this season.

John York was an honored guest Wednesday at an NFL Alumni Northern California Chapter luncheon in Redwood City. Speaking at the complex that once served as the 49ers headquarters, he reminisced about early San Francisco stars such as John Brodie, Leo Nomellini and R.C. Owens.

York choked up in recalling the longtime friendship between Joe "The Jet" Perry (the 49ers' first African-American player) and Wally Yonamine (the team's first Asian-American player).

Before he got to his prepared speech, York paused for an impromptu remark about 2015.

"I will say this: Our family is extremely passionate about the 49ers. All of us are disappointed in the season. It's did not go the way we were hoping,'' he said. "You can blame it on whatever, but it doesn't make any difference. ... We are very proud of the past, but we also look to the future. That's what we're going to need to do."

John York's remarks came on a day that San Francisco Chronicle columnist Scott Ostler wrote a story speculating on what it would take for the York family to sell the team.

The crowd of roughly 40 people included former 49ers players such as Tommy Hart, Eason Ransom, Guy McIntyre and Allan Kennedy. Carolyn Hoskins, who was married to the late 49ers defensive tackle Bob Hoskins, led a tribute to York for his work reenergizing the 49ers alumni efforts. The team annually holds a three-day celebration for past players and their families.

How I see it, if they want to go the Goff route, hope he goes 1 more year at CAL and prove he is a top 5 pick.

Keep Jimmy T. For One more year, And hope the team secures another top pick. Because you will trade this years pick for more picks.

Fire him on black Monday when the season ends.
Hire a legit coach
Use all the cap space to build an o-line.
In free agency you acquire a veteran QB
Draft Goff, and have him sit a year to learn.

Flourish.

What legit coaching candidates would want to come to this mess of a front office? Jed is ruining all the credibility that Eddie built through the 80's and 90's.When I read articles or watch tv programs if you didn't hear or see the team they were referencing and just read the supporting details you'd think they were talking about the 80's "aints" or the current Cleveland Browns.

I think we have a decent to good roster but our front office and coaching staff is a joke.Even though the stick was outdated it was a historic venue now we're stuck with this stadium 50 miles away from our namesake.

Last edited:
I think Matt Maiocco had a good point on in his interview on Tim Kawakamis podcast regarding the whole argument on what coach would want to go here and deal with this FO. There are 32 spots for that Head Coaching job in the NFL. There will be takers. The problem is JED. It sounds like Tomsula is his guy. :smh:

Last edited:
I think Matt Maiocco had a good point on in his interview on Tim Kawakamis podcast regarding the whole argument on what coach would want to go here and deal with this FO. There are 32 spots for that Head Coaching job in the NFL. There will be takers. The problem is JED. It sounds like Tomsula is his guy.
mean.gif
Exactly. I wouldn't worry about attracting a new head coach. We've been in this situation before, and they managed to land Harbaugh.

I would worry more about Jed and the York's mindset, and whether they believe Tomsula should get one more year. 
sick.gif

Last edited:
via NFL.com

Top 20 2016 Unrestricted free agents

1. Von Miller, Denver Broncos linebacker: Miller has been one of the best overall defensive players in the league since he was drafted. He's as strong stopping the run as he is coming off the edge. There's no way the Broncos will let him hit the market.

2. Josh Norman, Carolina Panthers cornerback: There's nothing like having your breakout season in a contract year. Norman has been the best cornerback in football this year and is a legitimate Defensive Player of the Year candidate. He's not going anywhere.

3. Muhammad Wilkerson, New York Jets defensive end: Sheldon Richardson and Leonard Williams were splashy draft pick additions, but Wilkerson is still the best defensive lineman on the Jets. New York has played hardball in negotiations thus far with Wilkerson, but the franchise tag has to be an option here.

4. Alshon Jeffery, Chicago Bears wide receiver: He might not be the most refined receiver in the league, but few are better at catching deep balls. He's fourth in the league in receiving yards-per-game and topped 1,400 yards in 2013.

5. Cordy Glenn, Buffalo Bills offensive tackle: True franchise left tackles are awfully hard to find. That's why he's a strong candidate for the franchise tag.

6. Jason Pierre-Paul, New York Giants defensive end: He's still disruptive despite playing with a club over his injured hand. There has to be a chance JPP will only get better as he learns how best to play with his disadvantage, and the ceiling here is tremendous. Still, he has struggled to wrap up opposing running backs. Can he finish plays?

7. Eric Berry, Kansas City Chiefs safety: Berry has come back from his cancer scare better than ever. Strong safety play is hard to find and Berry has the versatility teams are looking for.

8. Malik Jackson, Broncos defensive tackle: Like Norman, he's having a career year in a contract season. It's hard to find interior pass rushers like Jackson just entering his prime.

9. Doug Martin, Buccaneers running back: He won't make the same money as the guys listed above (and below) him here because of the position he plays, but no one has helped their value more this season. Martin has gone from an afterthought to the No. 2 rusher in the NFL.

10. Bruce Irvin, Seattle Seahawks linebacker: He isn't a defense-changing talent, but he's also better than you think. Irvin is a quality versatile starter.

11. Russell Okung, Seahawks tackle: Even if Okung is only an average starter, he's going to get paid in this market. If he makes it there.

12. Eric Weddle, San Diego Chargers safety: Weddle has a skill set that tons of teams are looking for to shore up the back end of their defenses. His age (30) works against him, but few safeties have been better over the last five years.

13. Sam Bradford, Philadelphia Eagles quarterback: This season has not helped Bradford's value, yet there would be no shortage of teams willing to give Bradford a try if the Eagles don't want to re-sign him.

14. Kirk Cousins, Washington ******** quarterback: Replacement level starting quarterbacks are worth plenty, and that appears to be Cousins' floor. At worst, he's a poor man's Andy Dalton with room to improve over time. He has more value to the ******** than anyone else.

15. Matt Forte, Bears running back: One of the league's most complete backs has not shown many signs of age yet. Perhaps he should be paired with another quality option, but there's no doubt he could upgrade many backfields.

16. Andre Smith, Cincinnati Bengals right tackle: How will Smith react to getting paid big bucks (again)? While his career has included some ups and downs, Smith has often been a top-shelf starter.

17. Danny Trevathan, Broncos linebacker: Trevathan is a three-down linebacker entering his prime that can hold up in pass coverage. We're big fans of his skill set and he's just the type of above-average starter that gets paid like a superstar in free agency.

18. Janoris Jenkins, St. Louis Rams cornerback: He's steadily improved each season in the league and now is a playmaking starter.

19. Brock Osweiler, Broncos quarterback: It's hard to imagine John Elway letting his promising young starter hit the market, although this will be a tricky contract to pull off.

20. Derrick Johnson, Kansas City Chiefs linebacker: Yes, he's 33 years old. But watch him play this year! He would be a great short-term pickup for a team that needs instant leadership.

Just missed: Chris Ivory, Kelvin Beachum, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Haloti Ngata, Lamar Miller, Prince Amukamara, Anquan Boldin.

Despite being 31, I would not hesitate to pick up Haloti Ngata even if its short-term. Always been one of my favorite players in the NFL. Dude is a monster and can play multiple positions in our fronts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom