OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Thankful for all of y’all and fintwit. Been an amazing year. So many of y’all grew up very quickly from Robinhood portnoy punks to real traders and investors and that’s beautiful. Let’s keep at it and protect our necks here. This market is melting up. We probably see a steep correction in January after the inauguration. I’m not buying anything with size at this point, just looking to hedge.

trimmed JMIA in half, and took 10 shares of PLTR off. 130% winners in 2 weeks is not normal. Holding the rest forever and would buy more on any steep dips.

Last edited:

$54 billion market cap now fwiw. I wouldnt be buying up here with any real size. It’s due for a 5-6 dollar unwind.

Agree on the pullback. However, PLTR is def on my watchlist.

I remember back in sep, which IPO should we pick. pltr, xpev, snow, jfrog.

I chose xpev because snow was quite hyped and expensive off the bat. Also, I am super intrigued on how xpev got away with stealing TSLA items (being pushed to succeed by the CCP of course). Plus, the actual cars have great reviews.

PLTR just had a history of burning too much $$$. I wanted to wait 6 months to a year before I jump in. That knowledge management they do is fantastic though. Literally makes any queries to db's faster. If companies that have complex database structures, tons of db's, or just have tons of data need to query data really fast for their subset reports, PLTR is it. That speed can make or break an application in the market.

Personally for work, one of our enterprise apps that directly queries and retrieves data from an oracle db can be slow at times because of the complexity of the automated queries and the number of users that may be accessing the same tables or data set at the same time. That slowness can be be classified as a critical issue for companies that need that data asap (e.g. emergency scenarios - health, natural disaster etc).

Trimmed basically every stock i own that’s green except roku se pins snow FSLY nvta dis. Cutting back on risk, raising cash. Still overly bullish. But don’t want to have the year ruined.

It’s gonna be time to start buying hedges if you haven’t already

citron short on PLTR $20 target. Took profits on a piece leaving the last 25 shares to run long term.

Last edited:
All that money the fed printed has nowhere to go.

Not complaining, my portfolio is booming (I have a big 3x leveraged long nasdaq position, so you do the math), but way too many people are thinking they are some sort of genius stock pickers without understanding what actually happened this year. This kind of thinking will eventually be punished very hard.

I agree with the call for a major correction early next year but I'm not making the mistake of selling anything until I see weakness in the market. Right now it's just pure euphoria. Might as well keep dancing until the music stops.

Not complaining, my portfolio is booming (I have a big 3x leveraged long nasdaq position, so you do the math), but way too many people are thinking they are some sort of genius stock pickers without understanding what actually happened this year. This kind of thinking will eventually be punished very hard.

I agree with the call for a major correction early next year but I'm not making the mistake of selling anything until I see weakness in the market. Right now it's just pure euphoria. Might as well keep dancing until the music stops.
This. Crazy **** man.
I rolled up my QQQ hedge to January 295-290 put spread. When that expires worthless I’ll just go raw. Not burning anymore money on hedges.

AMD is my favorite ticker to trade in both directions

I don’t like having a long watchlist to look over
I just wait until the opportunity for a good trade to come my way
Except Fridays though
I just take that day off :lol::lol::lol:

I recently look at the sub Reddit for stock options
And they literally all talk about the exact same ticker
These forum doesn’t get enough credit
From the DD
To the encouraging convos
Pat yourself on the back we got one more month in this crazy *** year let’s make it count

and if you think you won’t reach your financial goals this year you got time to build it into the next year

what kind of hedges you looking into?

i'm thinking of SQQQ as an one potential hedge
I’ve been buying put spreads that expire worthless lol sqqq is a good idea but the time decay factor makes it hard to plan for on a larger timeline. So cheap calls two weeks to a month out is probably all you can do. Hedging sucks tbh I never make money which is good. The other thing you can do is put spreads on stocks you own that you’re up big on.

No joke on the “pure euphoria” comment. These two articles show how detached from reality the market is right now.

4B4F46AE-999A-4E54-B314-1A0E83A1FEF8.jpeg

AMD is my favorite ticker to trade in both directions

I don’t like having a long watchlist to look over
I just wait until the opportunity for a good trade to come my way
Except Fridays though
I just take that day off :lol::lol::lol:

I recently look at the sub Reddit for stock options
And they literally all talk about the exact same ticker
These forum doesn’t get enough credit
From the DD
To the encouraging convos
Pat yourself on the back we got one more month in this crazy *** year let’s make it count

and if you think you won’t reach your financial goals this year you got time to build it into the next year

Which sub reddit to you read?

Back
Top Bottom