OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

End of COVID era depresses stocks that have seen their run up correlate to working from home environment.

I'm still bullish on the likes of a zoom; I've talked to plenty who plan to cut their business travel in the future and take more meetings via zoom/MS teams, etc. Face to face business will still occur, but it won't be at 2019 levels for a while.

Their growth plans don’t convince me either - when your own internal people are complaining about your lack of pipeline... I’m not convinced.

A good friend of mine was just asking me if he should apply for an associate role in their corp dev team :nerd:

End of COVID era depresses stocks that have seen their run up correlate to working from home environment.

I'm still bullish on the likes of a zoom; I've talked to plenty who plan to cut their business travel in the future and take more meetings via zoom/MS teams, etc. Face to face business will still occur, but it won't be at 2019 levels for a while.

I feel the same way as you. All these people that are taking Zoom meetings from home in a polo and sweats are not in a rush to travel in full suits and ties to and from meetings and spend more time traveling to the meeting than the actual length of the meeting.

Go on?

How is their valuation 2x of Expedia? Airbnb PM’s don’t even believe that.

Long time lurker here. Putting the numbers aside for now, the reason I'm big on AirBnB is 1) they offer an incredible/user-friendly service; 2) they're viewed as superior to hotels/other rental apps, esepcially amongst the younger population. So for the time being the numbers may not be there, but as time goes on and that mindset of airbnb>alternatives continues to grow, I think they'll experience natural growth as long as they dont mess it up.

IMO the 2 big hurdles are surviving the covid era which I think they'll do easily, especially with this IPO and the bigger one which is the inevitable lobbying the hotel industry will do to try to pass legislation to make it harder on them (think what Uber just went through/is going through but x10). I can see that going either way, but I believe in their service enough to take a risk on them in these early stages.

Note: I am viewing this as a LONG term play.

I want to own ABNB at the right price, preferably $30 or less as strictly a recovery play. Don’t need it. RBLX on the other hand is a must own.

grabbed a call spread in FUTU for March. 45-50 for 1.55.

Last edited:
None of that screams growth when Expedia owns VRBO. Where do they scale from a product perspective? Their luxury offering failed, their experiences play is getting crushed.

I’m sure it pops and comes back down but when their own team doesn’t believe it makes it hard to.

I’m interested in both LSPD and FOUR as recovery plays in the payment field for restaurants and hospitality. Diving into them. Hoping we see them follow CRSR and FUTU and pull back to their 20 day here.

LYFT has been a good option trade for a good two weeks since I have been day trading it it’s slow sometimes as far a price movement but once it gets going it going

Straight snowball effect and easy to chart

Attachments

• A713F279-6870-4C31-A93D-C1C41C83DB86.png
    A713F279-6870-4C31-A93D-C1C41C83DB86.png
    651.8 KB · Views: 1,535
Anyone with COST on record EOD, $10 per share dividend pays Dec. 11.

why is zoom getting killed? earning beat but wasnt blown away beat?
Combo of slowed growth, margins (hefty cloud costs) and looming vaccine/reopening. I believe in Eric Yuan, crucial to hold $390.

Edit:
ZM gets a stay-at-home boost when we see the tangible damage from Thanksgiving travel. Sometime before Christmas & New Year's.

LSPD is just a beast that I can't get nailed

Added a call spread in APPS March 45-50
Added another FUBO call spread and another FSLY one

Bidding on call spreads for PINS but no fills

stopped on CRSR for a $50 loss. Bleh.

dont like the entry but bleh, added 25 shares of feac. good earnings, pulled back decently off the highs, merger in 2 weeks.

added more LGVW and bot the December 2021 call spread in LSPD 55-60 for 1.45.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom