Official Stock Market & Economy Thread

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Housing starts surge 22% on apartment building

laugh.gif
And they are trying to spin it as a good thing. Last month housing starts went down, and they spun that as good too.
Because it is a good thing, to an extent. We were forecasting further declines, and housing starts were down 14.5% so a nearly 40% swing ispretty big.

Originally Posted by shookONEZ

that %!%#! whitney still bashing banks for 09
wondering if i should sell my FITB position today
Why wouldn't you be bashing banks? Nothing has changed about them...

Originally Posted by reigndrop

laugh.gif
And they are trying to spin it as a good thing. Last month housing starts went down, and they spun that as good too.
Because it is a good thing, to an extent. We were forecasting further declines, and housing starts were down 14.5% so a nearly 40% swing is pretty big.
Declines are good though. There's too much on the market in the first place. Getting rid of excess is the direction we need to go.

The apartment surge is because people can't afford to live in their homes anymore. How is that a good thing?

laugh.gif
Because it is a good thing, to an extent. We were forecasting further declines, and housing starts were down 14.5% so a nearly 40% swing is pretty big.
Declines are good though. There's too much on the market in the first place. Getting rid of excess is the direction we need to go.

The apartment surge is because people can't afford to live in their homes anymore. How is that a good thing?

I said it was good to an extent, I never discounted the things you just said.

Originally Posted by shookONEZ

well for one: citi, bac, etc and their recent reported profits; uptick rule rumors; marked to market rule rumors..

All of those banks we're profiting already PRE TAX, PRE WRITEDOWN, just another fluke. Lets see them pull a profit after the following. Uptick don'tmatter, the biggest firms that move markets will just resort to naked short seling (albeit it being illegal, but the SEC don't do crap). And M2M is dumb,analyst have already accounted for anything. It's too late to change anything.

does anyone know why AIG has been up? I read about the whole giving out bonus ordeal but how would that drive the price up?

Major fail for me. Bought FAZ yesterday near the close. I need this stupid rally to go away! I'm tempted to sell and wait on the sideline.

wawa are you currently subscribed to the zero, zero lite thing? How is it? I was looking over it during break and it looks pretty interesting, might try for amonth...

The MM's are just simply f;ing over put holders now.
Imagine how many C, BAC, and WFC puts there were at at sub 700 lows.

They wrote the put contracts, collected the premium, and now f'ing over those who bought it.

wawa are you currently subscribed to the zero, zero lite thing? How is it? I was looking over it during break and it looks pretty interesting, might try for a month...

No not subscribed.
It's more for daytrading trading than anything else.

Originally Posted by Qpitfighter

FAS up big, USO up... good day today.
happy.gif
Boo.

I'm dumping FAZ if it hits $32 tomorrow. That way I won't have a net loss overall yet.

This thing will turn down. They can only lie and spin so long before people wake up.

I agree with Dajoka, what are the legs for this rally?

We're still in the !#+#% and this is just a bear market rally, it'll pass and we'll be flirting with the 6000 line within 3-4 months.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

They wrote the put contracts, collected the premium, and now f'ing over those who bought it.

can buy they at the low price with a contract right now. SEC rule ! there is a minium price they need to trade at before u can buy options on them.

Don't buy PALM thats a horrible buy. They have hella debt, and they have a negative EPS. Obviously overpriced, and besides the price it's a badcompany. Don't buy it.

Originally Posted by DB WEST

Don't buy PALM thats a horrible buy. They have hella debt, and they have a negative EPS. Obviously overpriced, and besides the price it's a bad company. Don't buy it.

Agreed, Palm has a major gap up it has to fill before any upward jump.

Originally Posted by KingOfJordanz

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

can buy they at the low price with a contract right now. SEC rule ! there is a minium price they need to trade at before u can buy options on them.
Rules are for suckers...aka average joes.

MM's are the market. They write the rules.
I don't understand what regulation you're citing but the big boys don't really play by the rules.

If they could naked short BS into insolvency do you think they care much for rules.
Only rule is to make money and that's done by f'ing over the greatest amount of market participants.

I'm not speaking here from a short position. I went long (small positions) since Fri with a FAZ play yesterday at close into the first :30 of trading.

This is just how the market works. it's a rigged game. Always has been. With lots of hw one can be successful even against those odds like yayo and othertraders have shown.

Back
Top Bottom