Official Warriors Off Season Thread

Originally Posted by offbad

Originally Posted by acidicality

if he stays, I hope Nellie puts him in a better position where he's more able to succeed and show his abilities. Like...just because he's tall and he can shoot 3's doesn't mean that should be all he does
laugh.gif

i am curious as to what abilities he possesses besides being a chucker and a huge softie around the hoop. dude bricks lay ups like he's trying to build a house.

He can score... I know he did that for Atlanta. Uhh... how he did it was beyond me because I didn't watch their games when he was on their squad
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

if he stays, I hope Nellie puts him in a better position where he's more able to succeed and show his abilities. Like...just because he's tall and he can shoot 3's doesn't mean that should be all he does
laugh.gif

i am curious as to what abilities he possesses besides being a chucker and a huge softie around the hoop. dude bricks lay ups like he's trying to build a house.

He can score... I know he did that for Atlanta. Uhh... how he did it was beyond me because I didn't watch their games when he was on their squad
laugh.gif

beyond you as in "there is no conceivable way" or beyond you as in "he did it somehow"

Don't know yet about Buike. I've read that the Warriors are offering him a contract though he opted out. I'm thinking because Buike wanted to makemore money and this is the way to do it. If another team were to offer Buike more money, I'm thinking he's going to sign with whatever team does that.

If he were to re-sign with us, he'd come off the bench... probably at the 3 more than he would play the 2. Marco Belinelli is projected to get more minutesand that would be at the 2 so the logical place to put Buike is at the 3 to back up Jackson.

But if it were up to me, I'd welcome back Buike with open arms. Buike > Pietrus + Barnes.

Buike is a free agent right now I think since he opted out...if he commands more money elsewhere he'll join another team, but I'd definitely love tokeep him in a Warrior uniform. Out of the 3 consisting of Matt Barnes/Mickael Pietrus/Buike, I definitely would love to keep Buike the most. If he's withus, I think he should expect a bit more playing time compared to last year, since there will very likely be some people gone (notably Barnes/Pietrus)

edit-
laugh.gif
beat me to it.

I like him a lot, but sometimes I just don't know. Forcing shots at the end of games and being the biggest ball hog in summer league
sick.gif
. If Pietrus couldjust get a brain, he would be one of our best players.

Originally Posted by daprescription

I like him a lot, but sometimes I just don't know. Forcing shots at the end of games and being the biggest ball hog in summer league
sick.gif
. If Pietrus could just get a brain, he would be one of our best players.

And add to that... fundamentals. Frenchie needs to stop stepping out of bounds and stop traveling.

well like they said-- i guess 'Buike has been tendered an offer. but realistically i think he'd flourish elsewhere. i wouldn't even be mad though.dude is legit-- good on D, doesn't make too many bad decisions, hustles... i think he'lllikely get more money from someone else unless Mullin outbid everyone for his services.

You have to admit he was our biggest spark before he went down. He was blocking shots and dunking on everyone
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. We really did start to struggle whenhe went down.

being the biggest ball hog in summer league
sick.gif

yo, summer league son...gotta get yours, make the squad.

EDIT: where you talking about Buike?

but from what i remember/saw...Buike played well while Jackson was out. but there is kind of a logjam at his postion with you guys, huh? i wouldn't thinkhe's asking for more money by opting out (not sure how someone like him could expect more money)....maybe he's just looking for a team with a betteroppurtunity for him to get more minutes.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I was very impressed with him in Indy, and as with most of you guys, I thought he'd be the bigger piece, and not SJAX. I don't know what it wasabout him, he seemed much more polished, and maybe this just isn't his kind of system.

You have to admit he was our biggest spark before he went down. He was blocking shots and dunking on everyone
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. We really did start to struggle when he went down.

I'm blinded by my hatred for Pietrus to admit that... I'm sorry
laugh.gif

eek.gif
pimp.gif
. We really did start to struggle when he went down.

yeah the french wreck is a notoriously slow healer for some odd reason.. if he wasnt being such a mofo and crying, who knows how our season would haveturned out.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

being the biggest ball hog in summer league
sick.gif

yo, summer league son...gotta get yours, make the squad.

but from what i remember/saw...Buike played well while Jackson was out. but there is kind of a logjam at his postion with you guys, huh? i wouldn't think he's asking for more money by opting out (not sure how someone like him could expect more money)....maybe he's just looking for a team with a better oppurtunity for him to get more minutes.

he would have only made like 700k. 1.5 or 2 is a lot more.

I hope we keep Buike, became one of my favorite Warriors in his short time here. Who know what offers he will get though considering his sporadic minutes atsome points during the season. If he stays he will probably get more minutes though - doubt Azu/French/Barnes will all be back.

Pietrus played real well down the stretch for us this past season..I don't know if he stays here though, but I don't know how high his stock is aroundthe league. Does Miami still want him? It'd be good to keep 2/3 of the Barnes/Pietrus/Buke group and hopefully w/o Barnes, although he'd be thecheapest. But hopefully they won't ask for a contract they don't deserve.
If Buke is really looking for more PT, he must be looking for somewhere he feels he can start. Honestly, that's a real short list...

true, Pietrus and Barnes had better seasons in 06 and got 3. Pietrus could have probably received more, but he was restricted.

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

I hope we keep Buike, became one of my favorite Warriors in his short time here. Who know what offers he will get though considering his sporadic minutes at some points during the season. If he stays he will probably get more minutes though - doubt Azu/French/Barnes will all be back.

watch, in some weird twist, they'll all be back.

he would have only made like 700k. 1.5 or 2 is a lot more.

i understand that....but who's going to give him that?

*Buike to the Knicks

sign and trade for the guy trying to stay closer to God?
nerd.gif

I don't even know if Buike can start for any team in the league.

Was he really a D-League "legend"? Like best player in the NBDL status.

If another team were to offer Buike more money, I'm thinking he's going to sign with whatever team does that.

I absolutely agree. Whoever offers the most money is where he'll be going, and I think he'll get some decent offers.

Also, Pietrus needs to go somewhere else. He has value, I can see him going for most of the MLE.

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

I don't even know if Buike can start for any team in the league.

Was he really a D-League "legend"? Like best player in the NBDL status.

Let me think... he can start Cleveland
laugh.gif
. Buike > Wally and Buike > Pavlovic.

I know someone will try to say Pavlovic > Buike but whatever... I'm sticking with my statement.

Back
Top Bottom