Official Warriors Off Season Thread

Anyone got a list of free agents this year? I'm too lazy to search for it
ohwell.gif

So GS was willing to pay Arenas $100 million for 5 years but lose Baron to the Clippers on a 5 year $65 million contract?

Chris Mullin as a GM = One step forward,Two steps back

No more Jessica Alba too

acidicality wrote:
thanks
pimp.gif
maybe we could make a run at josh childress....i dunno, i think ATL would likely match our offer, but i think he'd be a nice fit here. plus, he's on the warriors in my team in 2k8
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Don't really see why you guys would need Childress
ohwell.gif

Wright and Randolph need pt, and Childress isn't going to help with that.
Even though JChill is one of my fav. players in the league he would be no use to the Warriors.

What you need is a 1

At least the Grizzlies got Arthur, Crittenton and baby Gasol back for Gasol. I can't believe the Warriors management.
eyes.gif

i'd really rather not pick up chilldress. what good would he do?

**edit**
in some sick twist, i hope the Ws sign Brand AND Maggz

We could use someone to play 2/3 cuz Ellis is probably moving to the 1 and there will be a void there. We will definitely need a backup point, but I'm justlooking at that list and looking at people we could potentially get for not-too-much. Randolph will not be ready to start right away unless he proves he'scrazy good-we will need an extra person there..I'm just saying he might be able to fill a void.of course maybe that will go to Buike or Pietrus if eitherstays...

I'd love to get Josh Smith still...

I hope we don't go overboard and do a total rehaul.

Harrington HAS to go, but I say we keep SJax. As of right now, we have a bunch of quiet almost boderline soft players. We need somebody on our team who'swilling to talk trash and bring some swag.

Is there any more news on whether we really did offer him that 5 years 15 mil/year deal? If so, and he turned it down to play for the Clips
smh.gif
. He may havejust passed Jason Giambi on my list
smh.gif

Monta will be the PG. But I think we still have Marco so he could split time at PG and SG. S-Jax could start at the 2 since we have a bunch of forwards.Pending we get back Buike and another 2guard, I think we're in disarray right now.

*edit*
Ok, maybe not disarray like I stated earlier... We need to use some cap space to sign an SG/SF. I think it's doable but it'll be a challange for Mully.Also, we're going to need a backup PG because I'm not so sure that Monta can handle it fulltime
ohwell.gif

Losing Baron outright isn't the worst thing. It seems as though EVERY team is trying to clear room for 2010. I know its too early to talk this way but theWarriors, if they do everything right, will have major cap space in 2010. Tell me that with a core of Ellis, Biedrins, Wright, Bustinelli, Randolph that itwouldn't be appealing to a Lebron James or Dwyane Wade?
Don't discount Mully yet....

I dunno, but I remember when he was drafted people were saying Marco could eventually play point. I think if we don't end up getting a backup point hewould definitely take minutes there...

i love Baron and thankful for all he did for the W's but there is no way i would sign him for 5 years. I would say he only has 3 good years 4 at most left.Hate to see him go but time to rebuild.

Originally Posted by SantaRosaWarriorFan

Losing Baron outright isn't the worst thing. It seems as though EVERY team is trying to clear room for 2010. I know its too early to talk this way but the Warriors, if they do everything right, will have major cap space in 2010. Tell me that with a core of Ellis, Biedrins, Wright, Bustinelli, Randolph that it wouldn't be appealing to a Lebron James or Dwyane Wade?

It looks like every team in the league will be in on the 2010 FA sweepstakes
laugh.gif
. For some reason, I think its going to be very overrated and nothing major will really happen. All those players will more than likely re-signwith their respective teams with the exception of Lebron MAYBE.

Anyways, the Warriors need a PG and Crittenton/Lowry are on the block for the Grizzlies. I could see something happening where Memphis could possibly snagWright away from GS for one of our PG's and another piece.

Losing Baron outright isn't the worst thing. It seems as though EVERY team is trying to clear room for 2010. I know its too early to talk this way but the Warriors, if they do everything right, will have major cap space in 2010. Tell me that with a core of Ellis, Biedrins, Wright, Bustinelli, Randolph that it wouldn't be appealing to a Lebron James or Dwyane Wade?
LeBron is going to NY, that's almost set in stone bro

As stated after game 81, it was either Nellie or Baron. It was clear. Ive been saying it since that game. I made it a BIG deal because I knew it was more thanjust getting "benched". Mullin %%@!!* up. Straight up. He thought there was NO WAY in hell Baron will leave 18 million on the table, and he DID. Iwant to hear Mullin's explain this.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif
. For some reason, I think its going to be very overrated and nothing major will really happen. All those players will more than likely re-sign with their respective teams with the exception of Lebron MAYBE.

Anyways, the Warriors need a PG and Crittenton/Lowry are on the block for the Grizzlies. I could see something happening where Memphis could possibly snag Wright away from GS for one of our PG's and another piece.

We're not shopping Wright
laugh.gif
. How about a S&T with Pietrus + Barnes for Lowry or Crittenton?
nerd.gif

Be reasonable here. Lebron isnt coming here. Wade isn't leaving a team with Beasley.
indifferent.gif

damn baron, broke my heart. but if the clips fail to resign brand or the warriors get brand, arenas, iggy, or smith, i'd be happy, although the chances ofgetting one of them or even anything decent is slim.

such bullcrap that they would go and offer gil $100 million off a damn knee injury and be too cheap to get baron. they're 4 or 5 years too late foroffering gil a contract. after mullin's up and down career as vp of operations, i was hoping that it was gonna start going up. now, i'm pretty pissedand the whole damn organization needs to be cleaned out starting with the damn owner.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif
. For some reason, I think its going to be very overrated and nothing major will really happen. All those players will more than likely re-sign with their respective teams with the exception of Lebron MAYBE.

Anyways, the Warriors need a PG and Crittenton/Lowry are on the block for the Grizzlies. I could see something happening where Memphis could possibly snag Wright away from GS for one of our PG's and another piece.

We're not shopping Wright
laugh.gif
. How about a S&T with Pietrus + Barnes for Lowry or Crittenton?
nerd.gif
Would they want Harrington?

edit-nvm\/that deal seems likely. not sure if i'd take on hinrich's contract..

Back
Top Bottom