OFFICIAL Western Conference Finals SPURS @ LAKERS Game 1

Hell of a comeback. Kobe finally got aggressive in the 2nd half.

Ginobli is going to have to step it up if the Spurs want to win this series.

I really didn't think the refs were bad at all..

They let a lot of things go both ways and they called a lot of touch fouls both ways.

It was a great game. Let's not take anything away from both teams by saying the ref's had an effect on the out come of this game.

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Knightngale, we win this, your Laker fan pass is revoked

cause you own the lakers?
indifferent.gif

I can say whatever I want and when I want son
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

Sen-si-tive. Dude it's all jokes, just learn to not overreact so damn much to a bad quarter or half. If you had your way Kobe would be in Special Edclass taking the short bus back to his house where he belongs
wink.gif
Learn tohave some faith. With the Black Mamba, there's always a chance. GO LAKERS!

2nhq0rp.jpg

Damn, it didn't look THAT bad on TV, that initial cross from right to left came dumb quick..

I would never defend that if my life depended on it.
laugh.gif

YO, was it just me or did Kobe switch from HyperDunks in the 1st half to his sig. Kobe 3s in the 2nd?

I wonder what that means...

I love D-Fish and Odom, but I have to say, they were two of the reasons we went down as many as we did.

And as big of a fan as I am of my man Derek, I have to say that even as we were coming back, Odom managed to turn his failtastic play around, but Derekdidn't. What I'm saying is that Odom contributed to our demise, and then turned it around and contributed to our comeback. Fisher contributed to ourdemise, and almost screwed things up by continuing to be full of fail as we were making a charge.

I mean, he kept taking that midrange jumper, and it was just flat BROKE, man. Just stop. His first basket of the game came off what? GOING TO THE BASKET. Thenwhat does he do? Go back to the midrange game, where he was still broke.
ohwell.gif

And then as the game is back and forth, dude tried to flop on one of the Spur's final possessions. It was after he had missed a step-back jumper with theshot clock winding down, and I guess he was frustrated and decided to go to the other end and flop.
smh.gif

That was one of my main frustrations tonight: my dude Derek freaking Fisher.
nerd.gif

Another frustration? Even as we were making our charge, WE COULD NOT GET AN OFFENSIVE REBOUND FOR ANYTHING!!! ALL NIGHT, the Spurs would get 2, 3, even 4chances to make a shot, and we would get... one shot.
mad.gif
I freaking HATEthat crap. I mean, I know rebounding is not one of our strengths anyways, but it seemed like we were super-terrible tonight.

Another frustration? Kobe and Pau were trying to play a two-man game one possession late in the game, and Pau had the ball on the baseline. He was faking apass to Kobe and faking a jumpshot and faking a pass to Kobe and faking a jumpshot, and the Spurs would not let go of keeping two on Kobe. So Pau does what anysmart center should do: go to the basket. And then he does what only an idiot center would do: attempt to dunk on Duncan off the dribble, when Duncan was righton his hip the whole time he drove to the basket. Son, you are NOT going to yak on Duncan in that situation. He's too smart for that crap.

Another frustration? On another one of our late possessions, off of a steal, Odom hesitated, then went straight to the basket, into 3 Spurs defenders, andmissed a layup. They got the rebound, and I got heated. I can understand attacking the basket on 1 defender, if you feel like you have the advantage for somereason. I can understand attacking the basket in that situation on 2 or 3 defenders, if you see that they're not set and they're backpedaling, or youknow they're just not that good at defending the basket anyways. But the 3 Spurs were set, one of them was Duncan, Odom was off balance, and there were noLakers even down there for the rebound.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

laugh.gif
@ folks whining about fouls WHEN YOU KNOW GOOD AND WELL YOU'D BE HOT AT LAKER FANS IF WE WERE DOING THE SAME THING AFTER A LOSS

laugh.gif
@ folks whining about fouls LIKE YOU DON'T ALREADY KNOW THE SPURS ARE GOING TO BE ON THE FLOOR A LOT THIS WHOLE SERIES

On the Spurs final possession, after missing that 3 in the corner, Manu flopped when the rebound attempt got out of his reach and into Sasha's hands. He straight up tripped on Odom's foot as him and Odom were going for the ball, and then he did his PATENTED arm flailing, in an attempt to look like he was fouled.

Good no call, refs.
smokin.gif

Kobe's offensive foul on Bowen the previous possession? If that's a push, then Bowen weighs 8, maybe 9 pounds.
laugh.gif

Remember that discussion we had about flopping and acting back in like February, SHUGES*? Bowen acted; Manu flopped.

*Yeah, I saw where you were one of the folks complaining about the refs (Bowen vs. Kobe on the Lakers final possession). [mark jackson] You're better than that. [/mark]

the way you can tell bowen flopped on that play? he flew on some nba jam type push
laugh.gif
had he not acted he might have got the call...

the officiating was really in favor of the spurs. they let them play physical ball all night... the only questionable calls against the spurs were that push onkobe and the out of bounds off tim duncan which on the next play they did a make up call for it...

i was actually shocked...

indifferent.gif

grin.gif
indifferent.gif

I'm more of a Laker fan than you are and I was cheering for the Spurs. LOL. Get outta here!

Anyway, I saw that surge coming in the third before Yuku crapped out as usual. Bad, disheartening loss for the Spursconsidering the huge lead, but they'll regroup and fix it quick. Not an easy win for the Lakers and I don't see the Spurs losing the next two games atthe very least. Congratulations to the Lakers and all REAL Lakers fans for continuing to support their team rather thangiving up like a bunch of Chicken Littles. The road ahead will continue to be long and hard for you.

indifferent.gif

grin.gif
indifferent.gif

Sen-si-tive. Dude it's all jokes, just learn to not overreact so damn much to a bad quarter or half. If you had your way Kobe would be in Special Ed class taking the short bus back to his house where he belongs
wink.gif
Learn to have some faith. With the Black Mamba, there's always a chance. GO LAKERS!

but thats how I get into laker games son
pimp.gif

you stop being sensitive about my kobe bashing too
laugh.gif

I have been a kobe stan since 96
pimp.gif

Nice win, good %+$% Kobe.

Ska, I swear bro, all your posts are long as hell. I need Sparknotes for every one
laugh.gif

Also, let's cut the ref talk nonsense.

THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY THEORY.

If there was, you would have seen it in Game 6 against the Jazz.

And, best believe that David Stern does not want a Spurs/Pistons snoozefest Finals.

He'd rather much have LA/Boston obviously.

So no. There is no conspiracy.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

YO, was it just me or did Kobe switch from HyperDunks in the 1st half to his sig. Kobe 3s in the 2nd?

I'm not sure, but in the first half, it looked like Kobe was wearing his Zoom 81 Team Shoe, or something like that, I need to check the Nike Forum.Kobe should stick with his ZK3's; it definitely worked out tonight.
pimp.gif

Horrible loss for the Spurs....I'm not worried much though.
We will do fine, Ginobili played terrible and that doesn't happen often.

The non-call at the end was terrible as well.

Everyone wasn't hitting their shots at the end, so the rhythm was out of sync, so we will play better, but if Kobe doesn't be Kobe every game, LA willbe in trouble.
A terrible loss, but not a series ending one, far from it.

PO

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

indifferent.gif

grin.gif
indifferent.gif

I'm more of a Laker fan than you are and I was cheering for the Spurs. LOL. Get outta here!

Anyway, I saw that surge coming in the third before Yuku crapped out as usual. Bad, disheartening loss for the Spurs considering the huge lead, but they'll regroup and fix it quick. Not an easy win for the Lakers and I don't see the Spurs losing the next two games at the very least. Congratulations to the Lakers and all REAL Lakers fans for continuing to support their team rather than giving up like a bunch of Chicken Littles. The road ahead will continue to be long and hard for you.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by CL2423

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

I'm not sure, but in the first half, it looked like Kobe was wearing his Zoom 81 Team Shoe, or something like that, I need to check the Nike Forum. Kobe should stick with his ZK3's; it definitely worked out tonight.
pimp.gif

cccdf8d0eab7832011750816ae989345-getty-80391821mc023_san_antonio_s.jpg
f70a025a8ef208be9f442e4f5a5d7ddc-getty-80391821ab046_spurs_lakers.jpg

262e8167e0daed5f1e77ca6ab1f9e1e8-getty-80391821mc078_san_antonio_s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom