OG Sneakerheads vs Noobs

Boy do I not like Kanye ..... not that he gives a flying f and not that is going to sway anyone .. but lord this dude its out of his freaking mind .....

So many lost children at my school when it comes to Jordans. 
mean.gif

I'm in the middle on this not an Og or Noob. I buy what I like. Don't mess with Jordans like that never really did though I own a few. The pair that got me into shoes were my black/white son of gloves. Like stated earlier not an Og but huge fan of 90s Nike like speed/diamond turf, GRIFFEY 1's and Pennys. from Seattle so gotta throw Payton and Kemp in there as well.

This actually wasn't the point where he said it. It was slightly after this. He says JB looked at the cooked pairs on their feet and were hit with the inspiration to start rereleasing shoes :lol:

This is even worse, because JB started retroing Jordan's in 92, and what Kanye was wearing were retros...they were just ones from 99'.

He also did say Don C and him were the reasons Jordan was hot. It might have been the Juan Epstein interview or one of his other rambling interviews.

This actually wasn't the point where he said it. It was slightly after this. He says JB looked at the cooked pairs on their feet and were hit with the inspiration to start rereleasing shoes
laugh.gif
This is even worse, because JB started retroing Jordan's in 92, and what Kanye was wearing were retros...they were just ones from 99'.

He also did say Don C and him were the reasons Jordan was hot. It might have been the Juan Epstein interview or one of his other rambling interviews.
I thought the retro run started in '94? If I'm missing something, let me know.

this is always been a selfish hobby
get used to it
now its going to get worse

Og noob

I could give a damn about both

this is always been a selfish hobby
get used to it
now its going to get worse

Og noob

I could give a damn about both

Eh, I don 't think it's always been a selfish hobby/passion/whatever, but it definitely is now. Everyone is or has been a re-seller at some point, which in the end hurts everyone, even the re-sellers themselves ironically.

In the end, we're talking about buying multiple sets of overpriced coverings for our feet, when one is more than sufficient.

First World Problems.

Last edited:
Both labels are equally lame! This is coming from a South Side Chicago born, New York raised Michael Jordan fan, born the day of Mike's 1st chamionship in 91

How can you be mad at a re-seller? He's not robbing any1, PEOPLE are buying.

Wake up, Mcdonalds doesnt make you fat. You eating too much food from Mcdonalds makes you fat

If I could sling burgers to my morbidly obese neighbor for triple the retail price, cause his car broke down....Am I the devil?
f you had some Holy Grail type kicks (in your eyes), and you had to pay rent.... You'd sell em for retail, cause you hate resllers/hypebeasts? FOH

All these new kids gained their knowledge from the whispers of old heads!
they got shorter attention spans so nicknames are made, prices get inflated, felatio is received from admiring females, and so on...

Now the tables have turned cause the teenagers of the 90's now have famlies, bills, oversized wifeys, team jordans...And always gettin beat in the race to cop the latest Retro Jordans....

roll.gif

BE HAPPY YOU EVEN GOT TO WEAR A PAIR, WHAT ABOUT YOUR POOR COUSIN? WHAT ABOUT WHEN YOU WAS THE POOR COUSIN?

I WOULD HAVE PAID RETAIL FOR A TRASHED PAIR IF I WAS IN SOME 3RD WORLD TYPE SITUATION, WATCHING MIKE DUNK ON NBA JABRONIS IN 91 FROM SOME BEAT UP 8 INCH    
nthat.gif

I WILL ALWAYS WEAR MY AIR JORDANS! CIVILIZED AMERICAN CITIZENS CATCHING STRAY BULLETS, PASSING ON TO THE NEXT LIFE WEARING CONWAY PAJAMAS AND CHUCK TAYLORS 
mean.gif
mean.gif

IF I GO, IT WILL BE IN MY AIR JORDANS I METICULOUSLY CLEANED AND SELECTED FOR TODAY. LET ME GO THINKING OF TOMORROWS SELECTION

Last edited:

Both labels are equally lame! This is coming from a South Side Chicago born, New York raised Michael Jordan fan, born the day of Mike's 1st chamionship in 91

Wake up, Mcdonalds doesnt make you fat. You eating too much food from Mcdonalds makes you fat

If I could sling burgers to my morbidly obese neighbor for triple the retail price, cause his car broke down....Am I the devil?
f you had some Holy Grail type kicks (in your eyes), and you had to pay rent.... You'd sell em for retail, cause you hate resllers/hypebeasts? FOH

they got shorter attention spans so nicknames are made, prices get inflated, felatio is received from admiring females, and so on...

Now the tables have turned cause the teenagers of the 90's now have famlies, bills, oversized wifeys, team jordans...And always gettin beat in the race to cop the latest Retro Jordans....

roll.gif

BE HAPPY YOU EVEN GOT TO WEAR A PAIR, WHAT ABOUT YOUR POOR COUSIN? WHAT ABOUT WHEN YOU WAS THE POOR COUSIN?

I WOULD HAVE PAID RETAIL FOR A TRASHED PAIR IF I WAS IN SOME 3RD WORLD TYPE SITUATION, WATCHING MIKE DUNK ON NBA JABRONIS IN 91 FROM SOME BEAT UP 8 INCH    
nthat.gif

I WILL ALWAYS WEAR MY AIR JORDANS! CIVILIZED AMERICAN CITIZENS CATCHING STRAY BULLETS, PASSING ON TO THE NEXT LIFE WEARING CONWAY PAJAMAS AND CHUCK TAYLORS 
mean.gif
mean.gif

IF I GO, IT WILL BE IN MY AIR JORDANS I METICULOUSLY CLEANED AND SELECTED FOR TODAY. LET ME GO THINKING OF TOMORROWS SELECTION

Yeezus, is that you?

roll.gif

nthat.gif

mean.gif
mean.gif

roll.gif

I've been wearing Jordans ever since I started playing organized basketball in 2001. I was 11 or 12 then. Bought the white/blue 16s, and black/red 11s for basketball that year. I also bought the white/navy 1s for casual wear just because they looked like AF1s without the strap and like a few people have mentioned AF1s were really popular at that time. Found Niketalk in 2003 somehow and started to get into SBs because all I did as a kid was play basketball and skateboard. In middle school and high school I just started buying a lot of sneakers.

I wouldn't consider myself an OG because I didn't watch Jordan play that much growing up. I was born in 1989 so I was too young to really appreciate him in his prime. The Ultimate Jordan DVD filled me in on his career but I know it's not the same as the true Bulls/Jordan fans. Still, he's always been my favorite player and I love his sneakers because they represent the greatest player of all time.

I left NT and forgot about sneakers when I was at college. Now every time they retro, re-retro, or re-re-retro something I had when I was younger I'll buy it. But, it's funny because last year for the black/red 11s I ended up buying the 2001 pair instead and this year with the black/red 1s I ended up getting the 1994 pair. I did the same thing and bought the the 2003 white/cement 3s and that ended up back firing on me. They cracked pretty bad after a few wears :frown: I won't buy any Jordans 3-6 now even though they are some of my favorite because the new ones quality is poor and the old ones are too old to hold up now. Pretty unfortunate but oh well.

I don't get the dislike for the noobs other than the fact they make it hard to get certain pairs. So what if they are buying them for fashion? I don't believe one person is more entitled than another to buy a pair of sneakers for any reason. They are just sneakers after all. You realize that as you get older.

I have been in the shoe game for 20+years...its the resellers that are killing the game imo...they are trying to get X amount of pairs on release day not to wear but resell at double/triple the price...so this is one of the many reason why the game has change...you know if you don't get that shoe for retail than you going to have to pay for the hype...this cause ppl to come out in herds on release day...which lead to us having raffles...the shoe game is crazy now...but you gotta learn to adapt to the new.

I have been in the shoe game for 20+years...its the resellers that are killing the game imo...they are trying to get X amount of pairs on release day not to wear but resell at double/triple the price...so this is one of the many reason why the game has change...you know if you don't get that shoe for retail than you going to have to pay for the hype...this cause ppl to come out in herds on release day...which lead to us having raffles...the shoe game is crazy now...but you gotta learn to adapt to the new.

So if you walk out the store on a release day and some dude in line offers you $500 for your Jordan's, are you going to say no?

The more foolishness that I see on the internet from these Jordan releases, the more I appreciate the punch to MJ's face that the Cavs own Danny Ferry landed. It's out of control these days.

It's crazy to see the youngs first pairs being Xs, XIIs and XVs. I honestly would have been a Reebok loyalist if those were the Jordans on shelves when I was a kid.

Last edited:
its quiet for bein a "sneakerhead" ... nowadays is the kids who got put on game late r gonna go extra hard to come off as a "true" sneaker head or whatever. N they gonna go mad hard 2 learn they history n the terminology. Mad corny to me. But just as bad are the people who only talk about OG's n dont like no retro colorways or whatever, cool story bro. All in all both types a ppl r wack.

Real talk...

I think some people get a sense of pride or accomplishment when they either

a. Camp out for days or
B. Pay ridiculous markup prices...

Wale talked about it in his 100 Miles and running mix tape...

"Check out these shoes Joe... They normally cost $80 but... I paid $300 of eBay for them...

That's not cool"

Back
Top Bottom