OG Sneakerheads vs Noobs

Spike Lee's message from 1988 is so true. The sad thing is, that people still don't get it.

The block was so concerned with putting money into shoes, while "Bird" put his money into a home.
I think that this is where most of the 1st gen buyers are, versus the youngs that we see on these shoe riot vids.

Spike Lee's message from 1988 is so true. The sad thing is, that people still don't get it.

The block was so concerned with putting money into shoes, while "Bird" put his money into a home.
I think that this is where most of the 1st gen buyers are, versus the youngs that we see on these shoe riot vids.
gus 
smokin.gif

If it wasn't for Kanye and Don C there wouldn't even be jordan retros

:lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WOW. Just WOW. I don't even have a decent enough rotation anymore to consider myself a connoisseur.. but the thought of putting on a pair of Jordans and someone looking at me and thinking to themselves that KANYE WEST in some way inspired me to wear them makes me want to THROW UP.

I mean seriously where are these dudes getting these ideas from?

:lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WOW. Just WOW. I don't even have a decent enough rotation anymore to consider myself a connoisseur.. but the thought of putting on a pair of Jordans and someone looking at me and thinking to themselves that KANYE WEST in some way inspired me to wear them makes me want to THROW UP.

I mean seriously where are these dudes getting these ideas from?

over your head bro, that quote was actually from Ye himself :smh:

I'll never forget the first pair of J's I had were the OG Taxi's my Mom copped for me at Bloomingdales on sale. Must have been 60 bucks , made my damn year. I rocked those in the playground like they were supposed to be used. Didn't even care to keep them clean haha

I'll never forget the first pair of J's I had were the OG Taxi's my Mom copped for me at Bloomingdales on sale. Must have been 60 bucks , made my damn year. I rocked those in the playground like they were supposed to be used. Didn't even care to keep them clean haha
Those were my first pair also. Finally got my first pair of Jordans at 15. My father didn't want me to have them when I was younger due to the possibility of being approached for my pair. IMO those were the strongest AJ made.

Those were my first pair also. Finally got my first pair of Jordans at 15. My father didn't want me to have them when I was younger due to the possibility of being approached for my pair. IMO those were the strongest AJ made.

I WORK in my OG blk/red XIIs as beaters,they still holding on :lol: :pimp:

I WORK in my OG blk/red XIIs as beaters,they still holding on
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
I completely believe you. I threw my OG taxi's away after my freshman year of college. This was a year before I started working at NTNY. Had I held on to them longer, I guarantee you I would have cleaned them up and would still have them. When I got rid of them, they were dusty and not destroyed. At the time, I wasn't taking as good of care of them as I do now. I bought a whole lot more once I started at NTNY. 
mean.gif

On another note these are a few things I think contributed negative attention to the state of buying shoes:

-2001 Cool Grey XI's release

-2001 White/Red, White/Blue, Snakeskin lows

-Fat Joe on MTV Cribs licking his shoe

-People willing to pay astronomical reseller prices (y'all remember when paying $250 for a resale show was way too high?)

-Fabolous wearing fakes and not realizing it, then got put on to authentics

-Social Media and Blogs

The only thing that really bugs me about jays is that a retro with less quality cost more than the og did with superior quality.

I know that's just how it works but it makes me feel sum type of way.

You can talk that nonsense all you want, my sapling. But, none of that can take away the fact that I, and people like me, ran several laps around this whole track before you even knew it existed.

We wore all this stuff when it meant something to have it. You are derivative.

Like I said, I'm good. I don't have to worry about what pops nowadays.

I'm still spending money from '88, so to speak.
lol but you still a

My first Jordans, too. :smokin

who cares if there "OG's" or "NOOBS", at the end of the day they have the same interest and the money is going to be wasted on the same product 

who cares if there "OG's" or "NOOBS", at the end of the day they have the same interest and the money is going to be wasted on the same product 
I think there is confusion of noobs who are buying because they really like vs. noobs who are jumping on a wave to resell, the ones jumping on it because of the hype are the ones looked at funny because all they want is a quick buck.

OG's wear basketball shoes
Noobs wear newer basketball shoes

From the outside looking in......

Both are wearing basketball shoes.....

Que?
I'm gonna assume you're just joking with this....... Right??
Kanye said it. He was dead wrong. This is exactly what he said while doing the Sway interview. This is the clip with that exact statement...

This actually wasn't the point where he said it. It was slightly after this. He says JB looked at the cooked pairs on their feet and were hit with the inspiration to start rereleasing shoes
laugh.gif

^ It's what I found. I wasn't about to post the entire interview. Nobody wants to watch 20 min of that interview for a 60 sec snippet. Either way, Kanye was wrong with his assessment. 

Back
Top Bottom