OG Sneakerheads vs Noobs

I've been buying shoes consistently since the Eddie Jones jumpman i'm 25 now and i must say that this new sneaker "culture" annoys me because it's seems like people buying shoes they like just isn't enough.

Under no circumstance should really have to consider sleeping online, paying 2-3x the retail for a pair of shoes, going to raffles, buying bots to online shop all in the name of a shoe that i know half the people in line don't even have an appreciation for.

Because of this i have bowed out of the sneaker game for the most part, don't get me wrong i still love kicks and if i'm in a store and se something i like i buy it but as J's it's simply not worth any of the drama. It should never be even more of an inconvenience to shell out $200 for a cheap product.

To everyone it's a "game". Folks keep saying,"I'm out of the game". That's the problem. There's a big difference between being "in the game" or part of the culture.

To everyone it's a "game". Folks keep saying,"I'm out of the game". That's the problem. There's a big difference between being "in the game" or part of the culture.
There's also a big difference between calling it a "culture" and just buying shoes like normal people. I've been buying shoes since 94-95 when I was old enough to make my own money. Never will I say it's anything more than buying shoes. This "culture" is something created by the today's kids needing something to belong to. Just my take of course

There's also a big difference between calling it a "culture" and just buying shoes like normal people. I've been buying shoes since 94-95 when I was old enough to make my own money. Never will I say it's anything more than buying shoes. This "culture" is something created by the today's kids needing something to belong to. Just my take of course

THANK YOU

I just like buying dope shoes... it was never about a culture or re-selling breaking necks for me. I bought shoes because i liked them now if you literally don't have a full out plan to get a shoe you have almost no chance of getting them even with general releases.

Dudes who never wore kicks or cared about them at all are standing on-line and fighting for them and the sad part is their grown *** men. This **** is like Collecting Pokemon cards to ****** nowadays i'm not with the hype.

People talking about purchasing dope shoes because they like them ... yeah that might be true, but if those DOPE shoes where not popular you wouldn't bother ....

dudes trying to disassociate themselves, but in fact you are no freaking difference ....

you buying shoes because they are popular and stylish and you want to present yourself in a good/stylish way to society and what they deem acceptable .... if not you wouldn't give a flying **** if you wore Nikes or Avias or Payless ... come on now!

People talking about purchasing dope shoes because they like them ... yeah that might be true, but if those DOPE shoes where not popular you wouldn't bother ....

dudes trying to disassociate themselves, but in fact you are no freaking difference ....

you buying shoes because they are popular and stylish and you want to present yourself in a good/stylish way to society and what they deem acceptable .... if not you wouldn't give a flying **** if you wore Nikes or Avias or Payless ... come on now!

So I didn't buy them because of comfort? Use? Durability? Because I actually like them? That's news to me.....

speaking of pokemon cards, new nike idea

rather than all the lineup/raffle stuff everyone that wants a limited release can buy a unmarked nike box that has a small chance of being the new limited shoe, otherwise its one of the current lowest selling shoes nike has in stock.

it would be like opening $150 boxes of pokemon cards looking for rares and nike is able to get rid of unsold stock

So I didn't buy them because of comfort? Use? Durability? Because I actually like them? That's news to me.....
partially - but dont come over here and say that's the only reason ..... 

there are plenty of no brand comfortable shoes .... let me know how many of them you own!

SMH!

They would bother, because they like them...
I doubt it homeboy ....

they probably wouldn't even know how comfortable they are because they aren't a name brand or what's hot in the streets ....

**** outta here with that ...

just like dudes that can regularly bag 10's .... they might want more than just look, but they aren't looking at a 4 when they want to be with a 10 - they just happen to look for qualities they like within that 10 not a 4 .... facts of life ....

partially - but dont come over here and say that's the only reason ..... 

there are plenty of no brand comfortable shoes .... let me know how many of them you own!

SMH!
What are you asking me? Do I own any no brand shoes? What's a no brand shoe?? Home made? Everything has a brand. And what's comfortable? It's all preference. I own every brand that I can think of. I got brooks running shoes which are, adidas soccer cleats, vans, chucks...... I mean what are you wanting?

If you're trying to tell me I really don't like what I actually do just stop.

No that is an assumption of someone who buys things only because their hot. I take pride in my style, so i buy things that i think our good styles. I have NEVER bought a hyped shoe because other people thought they looked good and i didn't. I only buy kicks that i think are hot whether it's a jordan, Adidas, Nike, reebok etc etc If i think something is fly i'm gonna rock it and people are either gonna love it or hate it IDGAF.

What I'm saying is that most people that are able to afford and are in tune with fashion and with the times aren't going to purchase a lesser brand of shoe/sneaker/cloths period.

They partially purchase stuff because they look good and because of the brand. Of course there are exceptions - when you see something you like but is not a brand that you normally would wear, you still cop it.

However, I don't give a **** how good they look or how comfortable they feel, I will not wear crocks or uggs or payless .... that's just me.

Relatives and family take it to the extreme and they wouldn't buy anything less than gucci or prada ... but that's because in their circle they have an appearance to uphold.

who knows, maybe that's why I think this way.

PS. I'm not talking about the actual shoe but the BRAND.

Last edited:

So true. To me, it was always,"I like these. I'm going to buy them". Eventually you just happened to keep the kicks clean when you saw another pair that you liked and wanted and before you knew it, there's a closet full. :lol:

Shoes don't have to be popular for folks to like them. There's been more than a few times I've been laughed at for the shoes I've worn, but I kept wearing them because I LIKED THEM.

Those "OG heads" are still waiting in line for raffles tho, after all these years.....

Should've been had a connect or two.

And this isn't a nod to the young'ns either. All I'm saying is if you still buying kicks after all these years and you pride yourself on knowledge and what not then you should be recognized as a relative regular at a spot or two around town.

What you encountered is some salty old men.

this how are you an Og and are in line with the youngings makes no sense and they are probably buying the same hyped up sneaker contributing to the problem themselves. :smh:

What I'm saying is that most people that are able to afford and are in tune with fashion and with the times aren't going to purchase a lesser brand of shoe/sneaker/cloths period.

They partially purchase stuff because they look good and because of the brand. Of course there are exceptions - when you see something you like but is not a brand that you normally would wear, you still cop it.

However, I don't give a **** how good they look or how comfortable they feel, I will not wear crocks or uggs or payless .... that's just me.

Relatives and family take it to the extreme and they wouldn't buy anything less than gucci or prada ... but that's because in their circle they have an appearance to uphold.

who knows, maybe that's why I think this way.

PS. I'm not talking about the actual shoe but the BRAND.

Once again I could give a **** about the brand these ****** ain't paying me sponsorship money. I too know a bunch of people who abide by a new brand every year and even while spending all that money still come across looking like herbs because they don't have a personal style they just copy what's in at the moment.

LMAO ... dudes just want to be unique ....

whatever my dude ...

let me know how many Lee and Wrangler jeans you have my dude ...

FOHWTS

Lol buying cheaper = trying to be unique now?

roll.gif

Example:

I just copped this shoe

I like how it looks.  So now I'm purposely trying to be unique because it isn't an extremely popular brand?

"SMH!"

Last edited:
On another note these are a few things I think contributed negative attention to the state of buying shoes:

-2001 Cool Grey XI's release
-2001 White/Red, White/Blue, Snakeskin lows
-Fat Joe on MTV Cribs licking his shoe
-People willing to pay astronomical reseller prices (y'all remember when paying $250 for a resale show was way too high?)
-Fabolous wearing fakes and not realizing it, then got put on to authentics
-Social Media and Blogs

I'm liking this timeline here.
You can also squeeze in Bape, and Supreme x Nike SB. IMO, this is the larvae for the parasite we now know as the "hypebeast" and "reseller". BAPE in it's prime pretty much HAD to be resold, since it was rarely sold in the U.S. The Supreme collab just introduced a whole new form of exclusivity and has since set the bar for over inflated hype ever since.

Lol, as if millions of people don't buy those brands either.

You're wrong, just accept that.
I'm clearly not talking to people that can comprehend facts .....

If you are saying LEE and Wrangler are popular - well, yes, they have their followers and within their culture they are hot. They think purchasing brands that you might think are hot is stupid.

Thus making my point true ....

People initially are attracted to what's sociably acceptable within their culture and/or environment and within the brands, they are going to branch out to what they like. 

But it's cool - I don't expect you to understand what I'm saying .. I have seen a lot of that with you my dude!

Lol buying cheaper = trying to be unique now?

roll.gif

Example:

I just copped this shoe

I like how it looks.  So now I'm purposely trying to be unique because it isn't an extremely popular brand?

"SMH!"
The unique comment wasn't even about that ... SMH .. way over your head ... in regards to your latest acquisition, I can guarantee that amongst the individuals you hang around with that sneaker is recognizable ..... FACT!

LMAO ... dudes just want to be unique ....

whatever my dude ...

let me know how many Lee and Wrangler jeans you have my dude ...

FOHWTS

LEE and Wrangler jeans look terrible and have odd fits WTF would i own those. People should try and be unique btw

Back
Top Bottom