Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Welp.

RIP Brad and Angelina.

Eternal Love doesn't exist, after all. |I

supposedly he was cheating on her with Marion Cotillard

Even though Disney has only released one new Star Wars movie since buying Lucasfilm in 2012, they have much bigger plans for this galaxy far far away. As of right now Disney has Star Wars movies planned through 2020, but their plans extend far beyond that. According to Disney CEO Bob Iger, they have already started making plans that extend far beyond Episode IX.

Bob Iger recently spoke at the Goldman Sachs Communacopia conference and naturally, the subject of Star Wars came up. According to The Wrap, the studio has just started mapping out their plans for 2021 and beyond, with Bob Iger saying that Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy is developing an entire Star Wars universe. Here is what he had to say.

"I had a meeting yesterday with Kathy Kennedy and we mapped out - well, we reviewed - the 'Star Wars' plans that we have 'til 2020. We have movies in development for 'Star Wars' 'til then, and we started talking about what we're going to do in 2021 and beyond. So, she's not just making a Star Wars' movie, she's making a 'Star Wars' universe, of sorts."

Disney paid more than $4 billion for Lucasfilm in 2012 and they already made more than $2 billion from the theatrical release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. So by the time Star Wars Episode IX and a few spinoff movies have been released come 2020, they will have more than made their investment back. But it seems like Disney is planning on milking the Star Wars cow for all it is worth, which makes total sense. Assuming they can keep the quality at a certain level, it is essentially a license to print money for the foreseeable future.

:D

I like Pratt and Lawrence.. and I'm a sucker for a good space/sci-fi movie, so I'm on board. I'm sure it has the potential to be cheesy, but I'm optimistic.

^^^ I knew that $4 billie Disney paid for SW was a bargain. Oh, and George threw in Indiana Jones too. So, whenever Disney gets around to capitalizing that, it'll be even more $$$$

I could see chris Pratt pulling off a version of Indy.. Already under the Disney umbrella.. Maybe chris pine

I could see chris Pratt pulling off a version of Indy.. Already under the Disney umbrella.. Maybe chris pine

Did some research and Indy 5 is already in the works. Spielberg directing; Harrison byke as Indy (at 80). 2019 release. But I bet they reboot after that.

I'll be damned, but I really liked the Lethal Weapon pilot. I doubt it lasts long, but as someone that adores all 4 films, the show had the right feel to it.

I'll be damned, but I really liked the Lethal Weapon pilot. I doubt it lasts long, but as someone that adores all 4 films, the show had the right feel to it.

GTHOH...last show i expected to be watchable :lol:

i'll have to check it out though. Lethal Weapon movies were :pimp:

Watched Crash tonight for the first time in a long time. Movie is stupid overrated, almost corny. 2005 in general was lacking in quality films.

Last edited:
Watched Crash tonight for the first time in a long time. Movie is stupid overrated, almost corny. 2005 in general was lacking in quality films.

Pretty sure everyone realizes how poorly that movie has aged

Brokeback probably should have won out of that group nominated.. Need to watch capote again, not sure which of the 2 was the better or good one

Lord of war needs a lil more love

Last edited:
I kinda liked the crash tv series. When Dennis Hopper passed they cancelled it.

Last edited:
Pretty sure everyone realizes how poorly that movie has aged

Brokeback probably should have won out of that group nominated.. Need to watch capote again, not sure which of the 2 was the better or good one

Lord of war needs a lil more love
The studio did a good job selling Crash and it was the safe choice that year. None of the other nominated films had a shot besides Brokeback. That wasn't as bad as the King's Speech winning in 2010 though. Be interesting if they could pull it off again and win with La La Land. 

I thought it was an ok year. Just looking at a list, some of my favorites are Oldboy, a history of violence, grizzly man, ong bak, walk the line, hustle and flow

Fist Fight gets the award for the most random movie of all time :lol: honestly if it gets an R rating I'd consider it.

Back
Top Bottom