Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Abominable 4.5/8 - Cool little movie with some funny characters. The kids really enjoyed Peng.

Missing Link 5/8 - Not my favorite Laika movie but still amazing stop motion animation. Was expecting more laughs from Zach G.

Has anybody else been having horrible luck with people who talk at the theater? I dont get the increase in disrespectful *** people.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

My expectations were rock bottom going into this tbh, i was maybe like 2/8 hyped for it. Didnt even really plan on seeing it so soon but was talked into seeing it at 8 am this morning lmao.

6/8 not bad at all and seemed like a decent attempt at making up for Last Jedi.
Yeah had ZERO expectations going in, was alright on first viewing. I think it would be good after second viewing., certainly not episode 1 or 8 levels of bad.
Has anybody else been having horrible luck with people who talk at the theater? I dont get the increase in disrespectful *** people.
I went to a theater that doesn't allow talking so I was good, they come to you and take your order.

Street Fighter, the film, was released in theaters 25 years ago today.

81HEEJRLnBL._SL1500_.jpg

The film was trash, but it had some low-key funny scenes and Raul Julia went ALL IN on his final film role. The soundtrack was dope as well.

Street Fighter, the film, was released in theaters 25 years ago today.

81HEEJRLnBL._SL1500_.jpg

The film was trash, but it had some low-key funny scenes and Raul Julia went ALL IN on his final film role. The soundtrack was dope as well.

One of my guilty pleasure movies. I usually watch it anytime it’s on tv :lol:

I still don’t understand, with that kinda star power, how you gonna mess up the cast so badly? A Samoan playing E.Honda? An Australia pipsqueek painted green playing Blanka? Guille is Belgian?? The list goes on :lol:

Home alone 2 is so ****ing terrible. Just watched it again the other night. Kevin is a sociopath who needs major counseling and ACS should take the kids away from the parents.

Kevin is a product of his environment, bro. Whole family is trash, as shown in HA 1. All highly abusive. Kev never had a chance.

I still don’t understand, with that kinda star power, how you gonna mess up the cast so badly? A Samoan playing E.Honda? An Australia pipsqueek painted green playing Blanka? Guille is Belgian?? The list goes on :lol:

They spent most of the allocated casting budget on Jean-Claude Van Damme and Raul Julia.

There's some good reads on the making of the film, including Van Damme's $10k/week coke habit.

This happens like 2x a year and I take full advantage of it.

I have literally all day to myself.

Already put 2 down.

Shazam 4/10

This movie might have put my flame for superhero flicks out.

Not a single thing in that movie was innovative.

The Mule 5/10

I'm not sure what he was going for but he missed the mark by a mile.

Acting was trash, pacing, was trash, and the Lincoln advertising was OD.

Only saving grace about the film was the flowers.

I like flowers too.

Im saving Joker for tonight.... up next, Holes.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - 5/8

Better than The Last Jedi but that’s not really saying much. Film moved pretty fast and never a real dull moment but also nothing really seem to pay off as the final film in the trilogy. Some very cool action sequences and Abrams tried to fix as much as he could but also a lot of head scratching moments that just didn’t work. A shame how this trilogy turned out with how promising and good The Force Awakens was.

I haven’t looked into fan reactions yet about the film but Rey and Kylo kissing, I mean everybody had to hate that right? It just felt totally unearned and just weird like watching siblings or cousins kissing.

Think it got bad reviews for being too dark and cynical but imo FX's A Christmas Carol should be seen.

Guy Pearce is great, so is Andy Serkis, Stephen Graham is good, and Vinette Robinson is pretty moving.

Never cared much for the story before but this take and execution was right up my alley.

To me they only fumbled the face turn redemption and revelation that Scrooge is suppose to have when he changes his ways

This depiction of Scrooge is brutal. If it weren't for the story and character change he'd be a sociopath right up there with the all time greats.

This would make the SW thread sad :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Richard Jewell 5.75/8 - Man the main characters acting was infuriating!!! I'm sure he was told to do it that way but the long pauses and him closing his eyes and taking big *** breaths was pissing me off. All around decent chemistry between the characters Olivia Wilde seemed a little pointless but Kathy Bates was great and Rockwell did his thing.

Back
Top Bottom