Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

BlackNecessaryFlee-size_restricted.gif

The first quarter of films this year has been real slow for me but I managed to get in 4 flicks.

The Photograph 5/8

This was real cool. Idea was like Issa from Insecure just without the rapping and excessive awkwardness. Lakeith was just a cool smooth mother****er throughout. Lil Rel was funny in his small role. Teyonah was fine as ****. Same with. Jasmine. Flashbacks were cool, mother was so fine, shorty that played Roxanne Roxanne looming real good. Acting was all on point.

The movie had some awkward extended silences and some weird pacing. Also the ending was kind of non-conclusive. Other than that

Downhill 3.5/8

This was disappointing. Not funny. Dozed off two times in an almost empty theater, snored the second time. Will and Julia do their thing but the material isnt there. This isn't one of those laugh hard and a lot comedies. I maybe laughed a handful of times. I thought things would be better when Zack Woods showed up but nope.

Birds of Prey/Harley Quinn 5.7/8

This was cool. Definitely had Deadpool vibes and DP2 influence with the supporting cast. Movies also suffers from being like a DP movie cuz there's not much re-watchability. Fight scenes were real cool.

Fantasy Island 5.5/8

Typical Blumhouse movie. Dont know if that's a positive or negative since their movies do have different reactions critically. It has its twists and turns in a modern fresh way. Some stuff was too predictable and this was a bit cheesey with the characters and made for tv elements.

Last edited:
Some cool deepfakes with Tom Holland, RDJR, Jim Carey, and Fox

It just hit me that Fox would've been a superhero movie star in his prime for film today.

Last edited:
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story is probably about 25 minutes too long, but it’s got some very funny parts. The “reefer” scene and Let’s Duet might be my favorites.

Is it just me or did we all think Morgan Freeman starred in a basketball movie as the basketball coach that turns a group of misfit degenerates in to championship team?

It's been bugging me. Samuel L did it, Denzel did it for football. Not Morgan though?

And no I'm not thinking of Lean On Me.

that's that Mandela effect coming in. it wasn't Freeman you're thinking about its Ben affleck

Since Robert Pattinson is the new Bats, I wanted to get familiar with him, and decided to watch Good Time. (I only know him from Twilight and Harry Potter.)

This man was making the lives of random black people an absolute hell, throughout the entire movie. :rofl:

It was an enjoyable movie though....nothing I'd brag over.

^^^ Have nothing against Pattinson in the role, but I can’t excited over another Batman movie with Cat Woman, Penguin, etc. But maybe the new flick will surprise me and somehow make it all seem fresh.

Also, shout out to Zoe Kravitz. She’s becoming the female Sam Jackson in that it seems like she’s going appear in every major movie franchise at some point.

Since Robert Pattinson is the new Bats, I wanted to get familiar with him, and decided to watch Good Time. (I only know him from Twilight and Harry Potter.)

This man was making the lives of random black people an absolute hell, throughout the entire movie. :rofl:

It was an enjoyable movie though....nothing I'd brag over.

LOVED that movie. Wild ride man. Directors actually caught flak over the racism for sure. Dressing up as a black guy to rob a bank, almost statutory rape of the black girl, black security guard gets arrested as soon as the cops show up and the white guy walks free.

I thought it fit within the story they were trying to tell but I could see how it could be problematic. I’m just not up in arms about it KHUFU KHUFU DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican hand2handking hand2handking

Movie wasn’t perfect. The real magic of it, is that Pattinson is almost unrecognizable as a dead beat. He killed that role for sure.

Back
Top Bottom