Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Many Saints of Newark.

Finally caught.
Absolute Fire.
I never cheated and watched any reviews and I don’t recall any praise or lack thereof in this thread, but it was so well done.

Masterful homage.

I WAS SWEET ON THIS FILM PRE-CHRISTMAS BABE:

This could sincerely SINCERELY win Best Picture, I absolutely loved this film. CODA stands for “Child of Deaf Adults”, and the main actress, Emilia Jones, crushes it, absolute breakout. She’s the only one in her family that is not deaf, and she has the beautiful but crushing problem of having a scholarship-worthy singing voice that her family cannot hear.

I don’t often get this excited about award-hyped movies but I can’t recommend it enough. It’s A+ for storyline, characters, heartwarming, perfect movie to watch with your significant other.

A10C9E06-F9DC-4B1D-9B8E-DE52A7C2BDAD.jpeg

Already earned a Golden Globe nomination for Best Motion Picture. On Apple TV+.

9/8!

C CP1708 tell me the tips and tricks...I got it!

The most important piece is having an editable post for updates/tracking.

Otherwise, you'd need to repeatedly post the current results over and over for the inevitable "who's turn is it?" or "Has __ already been taken?" or "hey, could you please move this movie from this category to another category, again, so I can select another movie from that category that doesn't really belong in that category but this is a fake draft anyways and it's really easy for you to do...." questions that happen during a draft.

You'll also need DM reminders, phone numbers or Twitter handles to be able to reach people 24/7 over the course of two weeks or so for people that signed up but then forget they are involved a day later.

And as LD said, a spreadsheet is cleanest/easiest way to track everything/everyone as you have to have not only the full round by round list but also the full team by team list. (So the owners can review their teams and ask you to make those "simple" changes in your spare time).

Are you a master at Excel?

I'm actually not :lol: but I'm good enough

Otherwise, you'd need to repeatedly post the current results over and over for the inevitable "who's turn is it?" or "Has __ already been taken?" or "hey, could you please move this movie from this category to another category, again, so I can select another movie from that category that doesn't really belong in that category but this is a fake draft anyways and it's really easy for you to do...." questions that happen during a draft.

You'll also need DM reminders, phone numbers or Twitter handles to be able to reach people 24/7 over the course of two weeks or so for people that signed up but then forget they are involved a day later.

And as LD said, a spreadsheet is cleanest/easiest way to track everything/everyone as you have to have not only the full round by round list but also the full team by team list. (So the owners can review their teams and ask you to make those "simple" changes in your spare time).

:emoji_eyes: :emoji_eyes: :emoji_eyes:

The Two Popes: yay or nay? Particularly interested in the opinions of any critics of religion, or Catholic apologists who hated it. Why?

-foe

I've never participated in a Film Draft.
I've seen (closely) it done in here once and read through 2 that have been done, here.

After seeing the last one, I understand why it gets requested over and over by folks who just participated.
It still gets brought up several times per year by FOlk who WERE involved. Sometimes it feels under requested.

Once the BEst Draft Grade was given out and the DRAFT was over, I got a little sad I couldn't read/see the Good and Bad Drafts choices anymore. Seeing the shots and pokes at each other is hilarious.
Being reminded of this piece and that piece.

EXample-Seeing somebody draft Tomb Raider over MAD MAX FURY ROAD all while claiming Tomb Raider is the best ACTION film ever but only a close second to Real Steel, such GEMS like that always pop.

Example- Finding out somebody that has great Film taste and opinions has never seen AMerican Beauty or Silence of the Lambs or Pulp Fiction from the 90's or Almost Famous or The Notebook from the 2000's.

Seeing who got overall best draft grade, was fire.

Seems like you got it down. You starting one up tomorrow?

Love to do another draft but starting a new job tomorrow and y’all get way too impatient between picks and I don’t need my inbox/mentions blowing up if I’m tied up doing something :lol:
Got onboarding in office but I am supposed to be working from home though so depending when y’all do it I might be in

Still waiting to see a good category for a new draft, would it be cool to have one yes :lol:

:lol: it isn't about the thanks or any of that. Plenty of you guys thanked me and all that.

It's just A TON of work and coordinating.

And if we had an era or subject or something we hadn't done yet, that would be one thing. Like the 20's draft we can do at the end of 2029. I'll gladly offer to handle that. That makes sense.

Anything else we do, we've already done, meaning all of the answers are already on page 1-2. There's no real strategy at that point.

We did
70's
80's
90's
00's
10's
All Time
Characters

And 7 years from now we can add 20's.

Damn......lookin at OP, this thread is 11 years old. :lol:

This originated from a boring Friday afternoon in the NBA thread where a bunch of us found out not only did we all love the NBA, a bunch of us were TV/Movie junkies as well.

I started it as a "Sports" movie/TV thread then DM'd a few people that we could convert once we were established in S&T.

It lasted for months before someone told Meth and he forced us to General. :lol:

This thread now has like 2-3M views. :wow: :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom