Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I peeked in at the drafts one time and that was a fun, deep dive. I'm going to set aside a little time and look through him again and try to relive everything. Those are really fun times. I definitely wish I participated in one or two more cuz I know I tapped out of a few cuz I knew I couldn't keep up with my schedule but those are good stuff

:lol: it isn't about the thanks or any of that. Plenty of you guys thanked me and all that.

It's just A TON of work and coordinating.

And if we had an era or subject or something we hadn't done yet, that would be one thing. Like the 20's draft we can do at the end of 2029. I'll gladly offer to handle that. That makes sense.

Anything else we do, we've already done, meaning all of the answers are already on page 1-2. There's no real strategy at that point.

We did
70's
80's
90's
00's
10's
All Time
Characters

And 7 years from now we can add 20's.
So what you’re saying is it’s time to brush up on the 60s?

Say less 🔥

Man, after Saints of Newark, I had to go back and visit Sopranos Season 1, which I’m half way through.

This was 90 F’ing 9, Jesus Christ.
I remembered the Pilot scene for scene but now that I’m on Episode 6, I’d forgot more than I remembered. When we talk greatest shows of all times, it’s a lot easier to mention recents like GOT and Breaking Bad, but this…this is some of HBO’s and TV in General, their finest work.

Episode 1 alone, explains everything that was touched on and worked up in Saints of Newark. I mean Saints really is a Masterpiece. What a nostalgic day. Probably my best day of 2022 so far, and I’ve had some way more memorable moments.

Man, after Saints of Newark, I had to go back and visit Sopranos Season 1, which I’m half way through.

This was 90 F’ing 9, Jesus Christ.
I remembered the Pilot scene for scene but now that I’m on Episode 6, I’d forgot more than I remembered. When we talk greatest shows of all times, it’s a lot easier to mention recents like GOT and Breaking Bad, but this…this is some of HBO’s and TV in General, their finest work.

Episode 1 alone, explains everything that was touched on and worked up in Saints of Newark. I mean Saints really is a Masterpiece. What a nostalgic day. Probably my best day of 2022 so far, and I’ve had some way more memorable moments.
It's easy to sing Soprano's praises watching season 1, absolutely. When we talk about GtvOAT, we're talking about them in their entirety.

-foe

A 6 degrees of separation type of draft. Choose a movie the next movie you pick someone from your previous movie had to be in or involved in (directors, executive producers etc). And in true draft fashion nobody else can pick that movie.

For example: I’ll pick Dune. And from Dune to Arrival(by way of director Denis V) to The Master(by way of Amy adams being in arrival and Master)

Honestly first thing that came to mind. And yes that complex:lol:. Finally voting on best list

A 6 degrees of separation type of draft. Choose a movie the next movie you pick someone from your previous movie had to be in or involved in (directors, executive producers etc). And in true draft fashion nobody else can pick that movie.

For example: I’ll pick Dune. And from Dune to Arrival(by way of director Denis V) to The Master(by way of Amy adams being in arrival and Master)

Honestly first thing that came to mind. And yes that complex:lol:. Finally voting on best list

-foe

Actually doable though, if people wanted to :lol:

Actually doable though, if people wanted to :lol:
Do the actors need to be actually credited in a movie for it to count? E.g. David Bowie in Zoolander. Can we use that to link to Labrynth or something else he was in?

no. Adds to features of us being movie nerds. Knowing everyone in a film. And if uncredited it makes a few of us go back and rewatch to find Bowie to confirm (in your example)

If your hearts desire you can connect Meagan good in Friday for example.
5417CB27-72A0-4665-8BE5-ECF389915148.jpeg

Added difficulty can be not using the ‘connect’ ever again. Once I use Meagan good no one else can.

watched DMZ, does this align with any other DC show or movie or just happens to be a DC comic?

Thinking about Ozark, I bet they're gonna have just Wendy & Jonah surviving the wreck, then you just let your imagination go from there as the show fades to black. That would be the 2 passenger-side family members.

Either Wendy & Jonah, or have the middle passengers survive, Charlotte & Jonah.

Joan's definitely surviving imo. He has the juice.

-foe

Hey I know we all like Martin Riggs the character, but I just want to remind us all when Mel said/threatened he’d bury the wife of his kid in a rose garden. You know, since he has 11 projects upcoming according to IMDB. Just remember where you stand on separating the man from the art, and how much you care about the man.

54057040-9417-49BB-B589-35B9A8495FA4.jpeg

Hey I know we all like Martin Riggs the character, but I just want to remind us all when Mel said/threatened he’d bury the wife of his kid in a rose garden. You know, since he has 11 projects upcoming according to IMDB. Just remember where you stand on separating the man from the art, and how much you care about the man.

54057040-9417-49BB-B589-35B9A8495FA4.jpeg
That was the tamest part of what he said

I mean Mel lost me when he said if she got raped by a pack n-words (hard -er) it would be her fault.

My timelines may be mixed up but I think since then I’ve only really seen him in The Expendables. Not checking for what he directs or the low budget action/drama flicks he does.

Him having 11 upcoming movies is not a surprise and I think of it in the same way none of us have really seen the last 10 Bruce Willis movies or for the non-CageGOD fans, the last 10 Nicolas Cage movies.

Don’t really recall the last top level feature film or A-list cast Mel has been a part of but again not really checking for him.

With that said there is another Lethal Weapon allegedly coming. Childhood may demand that gets a watch at some point.

There are a lot of stupid ****ing racists don’t believe me just watch, people who murder people uhhh

Who are the actors & actresses we KNOW are not racist, we KNOW support marginalized groups, and for actors, we know support gender equality by first recognizing that we don't have it?

Aaaaaand go.

-foe

Back
Top Bottom