Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

heres-johnny.gif
Just watched that for the 1st time the other night. Little sad, honestly, but great movie. Very confused by the ending, though.

-foe

Just watched that for the 1st time the other night. Little sad, honestly, but great movie. Very confused by the ending, though.

-foe
Been awhile since I’ve seen it. I do see what you mean by the ending though. I’m about to join y’all and give it a viewing as well.

Shining viewing party 🔥

For those who like Animation, or at least who don’t mind watching animated movies is there a specific picture in this genre that you have not yet seen, but plan on checking out?
I know it’s fairly recent but my one was Soul. I started it no less than 4 times and every time I got maybe 20ish mins in and either something came up or I changed my mind on wanting to watch it. Randomly started it up early June and finally watched the whole thing and I REALLY dig it. Can’t believe I put it off so long.

:lol: just thanks for reminding me on Shining, about to start it after Chargers-Niners

I'll watch John Wick 4 opening weekend. But I have liked each new movie less than the previous ones. The more I learn about the lore and backstory, the less interesting it is.

Been hearing some talk about Dev Patel being the next James Bond and I love it

Honestly one of my favorite sequels. You'd think I'd be almost impossible to make a great sequel to such an iconic film 39 years later, but somehow they did.
The sequel was made THIRTY NINE years later? Hell I almost wish you hadn't told me that, because I have SERIOUS reservations now.

But hopefully it clears up the ending of The Shining for me, because I'm a little lost.

Also... wayminit... Wasn't the shining made in the 80s? And you said the sequel is 39 years later? That's like, recent. Yeah?

-foe

And there will be many people who will discover and love the movie to this day who won’t get the “Modern at the time” Carson reference

Giant hotel staff, assume this gonna dwindle haven’t seen this since I was 13 behind my fingers at a middle school party BUT I remember some stuff

E126F454-1A53-414F-B872-7A4D8AA2A4F1.jpeg

Saw both Black Panther 2 and Black Adam today

Black Adam 5.6/8

This was an entertaining movie. Who directed this? I looked at this first as a movie starring The Rock and then a DC movie. Different expectations. Plus to me The Rock has a worse track record of movies than DC does so its basically my nostalgic fanhood of The Rock (and that it was free) that got me watching in theaters instead of one HBO Max.

Cons off the bat; the same time Zaslav took over and got rid of the old leadership he should've also got rid of who chooses the music for the soundtrack cuz some of those songs didn't fit or were all timed. Missed a chance for some dope music from the area of that fictional country.

Biggest missed opportunity was to not steep the story in more of the culture and history of Khandaq. Adam is 5000 years removed so there could've been more culture shock and noticing how some traditions remained in fact. That hand sign was not enough. The Miss Marvel series did a great job of doing it. Maybe cuz I also watched BP2 but they been dying it will too. Just seemed to be a black of world building.

Now I know the Rock can act. I've seen him do it. It has not translated well to Hollywood movies. It really takes the right kind of script and story for it to be portrayed. This approach to Black Adam had Ricky as a watered down Arnold Schwarzenegger. Just a weirdo lack of social skills almost like a robot. Also seemed like a poor imitation of Drax. They couldn't make up their minds with Adam being bad with social cues and modern norms or they were simply new things to him. Like the the sarcasm joke, it was a brand new concept one second and then he was just repeatedly using it.

Lot of dope action throughout.

I'm a fan of the Hodge brothers and Aldis is a really good actor. Wanted him then MCU but it seems DC is more willing to race change their superheroes to me. Pierce Brosnan, my James Bond did his thing. Liked this take on Dr. Fate. His death was bull **** and I gotta say it seemed this movie version was just an older Dr. Strange even with the powers like the fake duplicates and seeing the future. The other two members were kinda just there.

To me they' missed another opportunity to just have a full-fledged Justice Society. It seemed like Hawkman was picking the current team from his own list. 4 ppl was a bit disappointing. At least 5 or 6 to take down Black Adam. Start building JS/JSA lore. They basically made Hawkman Professor X rich with his own system and long backstory of being a member and/or leader the way he and Fate were talking.

The demon stuff and Sabo was w/e. That cheesy get the citizens involved to fight undead skeletons was so lame.

Sarah Shahi so fine :evil: That Cyclone chick was cute.

The mid credits didn't make sense but Cavill is back as Supes.

This definitely wasn't as bad as I feared it would be but far from great. If anything good enough flick to build off of too.

Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever 7.4/8

This was great

I never thought a Shuri led movie could be this good. Never. I'm really impressed.

Ryan Coogler is A GREAT DIRECTOR. TRULY! Didn't know what to expect fully but changing Namor's background slightly and deciding to show his origin in this was just a stroke of genius. Them underwater scenes basically established how to do this from now on (forget the logic of how sound carries).

Making Shuri the science first damn near atheist MC struggling to acknowledge any Wakandan spirituality and pair it with her vengeful nature just made her a fully formed character than just genius tech girl she was previously. Killmonger being who she saw on the ancestral plane just nailed all of that character development and set up the progress.

It was ****ed up with the conflict but that's how it goes with powerful nations and royalty.

M'Baku was great. Okoye was great and that little subplot for her was unexpectedly good. Midnight angels was a real good addition. Mad characters saw consequences for actions that were well intentioned.

Nakia was clutch but I needed more of her.

Riri was a good comedic relief character without it being OD. Probably would've been too much to focus more on her origin as well but it was cool to see two of her suits.

Angela Bassett was amazing. I got why some may have felt her death was forced (it didn't hit me for a fee obvious reasons) but there's really not 3rd act without it. The future king or queen of Wakanda is a good plot point for the next MCU and for how Wakanda may interact with the world.

Namor was one hell of a compelling antagonist.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom