Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Currently

First time

IMG_0072.jpeg

whats the major difference between imax 70mm, imax laser, and 70mm.
only tix i was able to get was 70mm
Size of the screen and image quality.

IMAX 70 > 70 > regular IMAX.

Most IMAX screens are not true IMAX. They're just bigger screens. I saw it on a Limax last night but will be making the trip to see it on 70mm

960x0.jpg

I would have expected Batman Begins to score in the 90%+ range on Rotten Tomatoes, and there’s nothing wrong with an 84%. 84% is excellent, but still

Several thoughts about Clue

First, I have seen pictures and gifs and screenshots of that movie forever and considered Susan Surandon a key part of the casting

MV5BYjkyOWRhZTEtZDBlZS00YTBlLTk4MzItMWEwMGZkNjdhMGMyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDc1NzQ2NDM@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

How TF is this 'NOT' Susan Sarandon?

Real name of this actress: Lesley Ann Warren

Shocked.

Tim Curry had the time of his life filming this movie, when he was recapping for the group what happened over the night's events. Whether it was messing with Mr. Green, or the smiles that kept creeping onto his face that he tried to fight off, and the mad dashes, dude should've been knighted.

Didn't know until now Mr. Green was Michael McKean :lol: ... who delivers the final line of the movie. "Now, I'm going to go home and sleep with my wife." Fades to black. :rofl:

Here's another crazy thing.

How the maid, Yvette, went from this in 1985...

tumblr_4e9964327619cb0cef93a25c5f1985c0_a4b1a3f8_500.gif

... to this in 2023

Screen Shot 2023-07-21 at 11.42.26 PM.png

These glow-ups are rare and should be celebrated.

Another thing, Christopher Lloyd filmed this AND Back To The Future in 1985? My man cool off.

Altogether, this movie seems like it was made as the key antagonist of Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No" campaign. :lol:

6/8 but certifiably great.

Yea it’s pretty confusing. I don’t know if it’s a movie, or a specific episode based off a Disney series or what. It’s the one you mentioned some time ago. Hold up, lemme find it right quick

I liked the ride as well. Not sure if you’ve been to Islands of Adventure but if you haven’t you’ve gotta check it out. Absolutely awesome
first thing comes to mind with Tower of Terror, is the Disney Ride. awesome ride I should say.

Several thoughts about Clue

First, I have seen pictures and gifs and screenshots of that movie forever and considered Susan Surandon a key part of the casting

MV5BYjkyOWRhZTEtZDBlZS00YTBlLTk4MzItMWEwMGZkNjdhMGMyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDc1NzQ2NDM@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

How TF is this 'NOT' Susan Sarandon?

Real name of this actress: Lesley Ann Warren

Shocked.

Tim Curry had the time of his life filming this movie, when he was recapping for the group what happened over the night's events. Whether it was messing with Mr. Green, or the smiles that kept creeping onto his face that he tried to fight off, and the mad dashes, dude should've been knighted.

Didn't know until now Mr. Green was Michael McKean :lol: ... who delivers the final line of the movie. "Now, I'm going to go home and sleep with my wife." Fades to black. :rofl:

Here's another crazy thing.

How the maid, Yvette, went from this in 1985...

tumblr_4e9964327619cb0cef93a25c5f1985c0_a4b1a3f8_500.gif

... to this in 2023

Screen Shot 2023-07-21 at 11.42.26 PM.png

These glow-ups are rare and should be celebrated.

Another thing, Christopher Lloyd filmed this AND Back To The Future in 1985? My man cool off.

Altogether, this movie seems like it was made as the key antagonist of Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No" campaign. :lol:

6/8 but certifiably great.
keep them out of the kitchen.

Barbie was awesome.

Far funnier than I expected, Margot Robbie is an incredibly underrated comedic actress. Ryan Gosling was hilarious. The supporting cast is really strong as well. The writing was sharp and clever. They didn't hit you over the head too strongly with what they were going for a lot a lot. A lot of subtle jokes that I think will go over certain people's heads or just little quick quicks and jokes and comments. The sets were amazing the unexpected musical performances were done well. I could see this not being a movie for everyone... Of course many people will be turned off by the subject matter, and I'm not talking about Barbie... Being the subject matter, I'm talking about women and women's issues and thoughts and agency that flat out won't appeal to a lot of people

And I think that's kind of a bummer. I think you can watch this movie because it doesn't appeal to you because you don't think you're as interested because you think it might not be for you, and that's okay. Not everything we consume needs to be meant for us. You can still enjoy it. Appreciate it. It maybe you learn from it. That's what movies and TV and art can do, show you things that you hadn't thought of or show you something in a way you hadn't thought of and I think that's what this movie will do. Do it's taking a child's toy? Met mostly for women and it's telling a greater story about self-identity about being a woman about consumerism and society. And finding out who you are, I think it's definitely worth a watch. I think of the very least most should be able to find it funny, entertaining, and different.

93/100

Oppenheimer is decent..I would watch it again but there aren't any standout scenes besides the scene where Oppenheimer and Truman met after they dropped the A-bomb..but I will say RDJ will probably win a few awards for his role

Back
Top Bottom