Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Gf picked me up some movie cookbooks + Zelda.
IMG_1808_jpg.jpeg

IMG_1810.jpeg

IMG_1812.jpeg

IMG_1813.jpeg

IMG_1815.gif

The fact that Margot Robbie is the PERFECT Barbie while also being the PERFECT Harley Quinn is truly amazing.

Greta is going to win Best Director.

Weird Barbie was absolutely flawless, Kate McKinnon bodied that.

Gosling was outstanding and the new Travolta with singing/dancing.

America Ferrera speech was 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Cera, Will, everybody, just really great performances.

If you love any female, friend, sister, niece, daughter, mom, grandma, coworker whatever, it's great.

Disclaimer: I do not like bio films. Only went to see oppenheimer because a family member wanted to see it. I didn’t find the guy’s life all that interesting. The last hour of the movie dragged on and on. I just wanted it to end already. Besides the j. edgar hoover movie I watched for my law class, oppenheimer was the most bored i’ve been watching a movie at the theater.

I thought Oppenheimer was fantastic. Only complaint is I wish more bombs because we were sold on needing to see this on the biggest possible screen. The 3 hours flew by for me though.

7/8.

Barbie should be tmrw.

Oppenheimer was flames. Nolan is so damn good. He really is great but I feel like he has a choppiness that sometimes offputs me. Not a huge issue, just a vibe I get.

He certainly has a colorful style, an amazing eye for scenes he creates, kind of a Sodebergh/Traffic style. Pugh scenes bright and vivid (God bless you for that Nolan), RDJ black and white, and main Opp scenes drab and dreary.

His sound quality tho, God damn. Had the ominous vibe that Villeneuve is so known for.
Incredible score as well.

It amazes me this man did a Batman Trilogy. I would beg him to run DC and do a Justice League franchise. Only in my dreams..... :smh:

It's really really good, really interesting, and so full of tension. It's a freakin story 80 years old we all know the history of and still you hold your breath in some scenes.

I will never not think of Barbie while I watch it. To watch them on the same day was so awesome. The visual contrasts of both, but the emotional weight of both were very similar. Sounds weird, but Barbie puts more on you than you'd expect. And of course Nolan does. But Barbie added so much humor as well that it fluffed it and gave you breaks, Opp just kept you tense for 3 hours.

What a unique day in cinema history. One I won't forget.

Both 7.5/8

Just got out of watching Oppenheimer. Man what a movie! Nolan did it again! I find it really impressive if a director can take this kind of subject matter, which looks boring on paper and manages to turn it into a suspense thriller type of film. It really reminded me of JFK and The Social Network.
10/10!

I can't believe Dunkirk is Nolan's sole Oscar nomination in directing to date. I expect he gets his second with this one.

Onto Barbie...

Last edited:
Just got out of watching Oppenheimer. Man what a movie! Nolan did it again! I find it really impressive if a director can take this kind of subject matter, which looks boring on paper and manages to turn it into a suspense thriller type of film. It really reminded me of JFK and The Social Network.
10/10!

I can't believe Dunkirk is Nolan's sole Oscar nomination in directing to date. I expect he gets his second with this one.

Onto Barbie...
I kept thinking of JFK while I was watching it.

Prominent movie person I know tweeted about Downey Jr being a potential Best Supporting Actor, the winner, I think he was great but not sure I agree/gotta see the field.

Prominent movie person I know tweeted about Downey Jr being a potential Best Supporting Actor, the winner, I think he was great but not sure I agree/gotta see the field.

who’s even getting nominated this year?

Just came back from Oppenheimer. Really good movie.

Didn't expect RDJ to have such a prominent role in the movie. Thought Josh Hartnett was good. Cilian Murphy held the movie together with Nolan's direction.

Florence Pugh. :evil:

Back
Top Bottom