Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

IMG_1917.jpeg

I rewatched INTERSTELLAR so of course I want more.
Saw the convos ranking NOLAN flicks again so it’s only right I watch DUNKIRK. It’s time.
I believe I’ll watch Saving Private Ryan after.
I watched SPR last night, and was legit thinking of watching Dunkirk for the first time tonight :lol:

I typically don't watch war movies, but I watched Dunkirk a couple weeks ago for the first time and liked it a lot.

I’m the same way. I did watch All Quiet on the Western Front right before the Oscar’s this year though. Maaan what a good movie. We get ONE good war film like that maybe 5-10 years at a time.

Didn’t know Tom Hardy was in DUNKIRK and I thought the lead was Chris Pine
Thought this was him, never looked that close.
IMG_4666.jpeg

I kept wondering why the opening scene of DUNKIRK had the same “the enemy have driven the British and French Armies to the Sea,” on the screen x4 different times and each time another line was added…..2nd time “trapped at DUNKIRK they await their fate” the 3rd time they add “Hoping for their deliverance”and the 4th time they add “for a miracle”
It’s one story but,
….it’s 3 stories
Took me about half way through to pick up on that
Pretty clever Nolan’s.
Yea so, I won’t be watching Saving Private Ryan tonight, I’ll be watching DUNKIRK back.

Imdb is so dam good. Love the format. I look up a director, for example, and learn so much about him or her in so little time.

Quick bio, cool photos of them on the sets of the films they’ve directed, what they’re known for, and even trivia and quotes by them.

All in one neat little package.

Back
Top Bottom