Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

is goldfinger a good one for people who have never watched a bond flick before? if so, goldfinger. if not, batman begins. because i agree, it gets completely overlooked primarily due to joker's performance in tdk

Heck yeah - Goldfinger is pretty much everything a James Bond movie should be. Sean Connery, the best villain/henchmen, awesome gadgets, greatest car in the series.

It's not as realistic as From Russia with Love, which is pretty much 1b in my eyes, but it's definitely the Bond movie I recommend to people who have never watched one before.

From Russia with Love is my favorite...

Anything with Pierce Brosnan you'll wanna steer away from if it's your first dive into Bond... You'll be immediately turned off. The rest are all fine.

From Russia with Love is my favorite...

Anything with Pierce Brosnan you'll wanna steer away from if it's your first dive into Bond... You'll be immediately turned off. The rest are all fine.

^ word thanks guys.

well looks like it's gonna be gladiator. ill check out goldfinger on my own for sure tho. hopefully it doesnt get me too hooked in to bond movies...im already behind on so many other movies and shows
laugh.gif

^ word thanks guys.

well looks like it's gonna be gladiator. ill check out goldfinger on my own for sure tho. hopefully it doesnt get me too hooked in to bond movies...im already behind on so many other movies and shows
laugh.gif

Now Dirk, Goldeneye was pretty much flawless, and done by the same guy that did Royale. The next 3, yeah, balls.

Now Dirk, Goldeneye was pretty much flawless, and done by the same guy that did Royale. The next 3, yeah, balls.

I haven't seen The Gladiator, so I vote for that.

I haven't been into this Movie Club at all, sorry guys, I need to shape up... it was my idea
laugh.gif

I haven't been into this Movie Club at all, sorry guys, I need to shape up... it was my idea
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

laugh.gif

Ok, first, there is no The.  It's, Gladiator and that's that. 

Second, another one? 
ohwell.gif
  Another movie guy that ain't seen Gladiator?  What the @#$%?  And you watch Macgruber on endless loop? 
laugh.gif
  C'mon maaaan.

Third, yes, this damn thing was your idea and you have exactly zero reviews. 
laugh.gif
  This would be a perfect first one for you, especially since you just saw Troy for the first time a few months ago. 

Wow, last night sucked.  Bad Teacher wasn't half bad, but it was extremely pointless.  Did have some good funny moments here and there, but the total story was garbage and Cameron I can only handle so much.  Girl is just done looks wise.  Makeup artist better get an Oscar for her even looking remotely ok. 
So I had thought that Horrible Bosses would be a GREAT comedy and would make it a much better night.......and I was so wrong.  Bosses barely made me laugh 3 maybe 4 times if that. 
grin.gif
  It wasn't even close to what I expected.  I hope there is some sort of replay value in it or something, maybe some things I missed and will catch on further viewings, cuz otherwise, this movie wasted my time. 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

laugh.gif

Ok, first, there is no The.  It's, Gladiator and that's that. 

Second, another one? 
ohwell.gif
  Another movie guy that ain't seen Gladiator?  What the @#$%?  And you watch Macgruber on endless loop? 
laugh.gif
  C'mon maaaan.

Third, yes, this damn thing was your idea and you have exactly zero reviews. 
laugh.gif
  This would be a perfect first one for you, especially since you just saw Troy for the first time a few months ago. 

Wow, last night sucked.  Bad Teacher wasn't half bad, but it was extremely pointless.  Did have some good funny moments here and there, but the total story was garbage and Cameron I can only handle so much.  Girl is just done looks wise.  Makeup artist better get an Oscar for her even looking remotely ok. 
So I had thought that Horrible Bosses would be a GREAT comedy and would make it a much better night.......and I was so wrong.  Bosses barely made me laugh 3 maybe 4 times if that. 
grin.gif
  It wasn't even close to what I expected.  I hope there is some sort of replay value in it or something, maybe some things I missed and will catch on further viewings, cuz otherwise, this movie wasted my time. 
30t6p3b.gif

From two months ago...
Big J 33 wrote:
I might see it in tribute of the last role in which Cameron Diaz will be marketed as "sexy"

Because after this one... it's gonna be a hard sell.

From two months ago...
Big J 33 wrote:
I might see it in tribute of the last role in which Cameron Diaz will be marketed as "sexy"

Because after this one... it's gonna be a hard sell.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes was great. Granted I haven't seen many movies this year, this and X-Men: First Class have been the two best movies I've seen.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes was great. Granted I haven't seen many movies this year, this and X-Men: First Class have been the two best movies I've seen.

If you want to get serious about screenwriting, read the blog ScriptShadow and the comments. I read it for fun but it is no doubt an amazing resource for screenwriters. They even do Amateur Fridays so you can email Carson your script and possibly have it critiqued, for free, by people very familiar with the industry. 

x2 on illmaticsoulchild's book recommendations.

If you want to get serious about screenwriting, read the blog ScriptShadow and the comments. I read it for fun but it is no doubt an amazing resource for screenwriters. They even do Amateur Fridays so you can email Carson your script and possibly have it critiqued, for free, by people very familiar with the industry. 

x2 on illmaticsoulchild's book recommendations.

See I haven't even put my idea into a script form.  Mine right now is more a bunch of notes, character outlines, key points, maybe a scene or two, but nothing that would fit into the definition of a screen play.  When I went over it with Prime last week, he said it sounded more like a book than a 2 hour movie. 
ohwell.gif

@#$% I don't care, it ain't like someday some famous dude gonna sit down and dream about makin a movie based off something from my brain.  I'll just put it all together and send it to a couple of you to look at, see if anyone can sculpt it like a lump of clay. 
laugh.gif

It's lookin like Gladiator this week, we have 4 votes for it, and 1 vote for Batman Begins. 

See I haven't even put my idea into a script form.  Mine right now is more a bunch of notes, character outlines, key points, maybe a scene or two, but nothing that would fit into the definition of a screen play.  When I went over it with Prime last week, he said it sounded more like a book than a 2 hour movie. 
ohwell.gif

@#$% I don't care, it ain't like someday some famous dude gonna sit down and dream about makin a movie based off something from my brain.  I'll just put it all together and send it to a couple of you to look at, see if anyone can sculpt it like a lump of clay. 
laugh.gif

It's lookin like Gladiator this week, we have 4 votes for it, and 1 vote for Batman Begins. 

Ok so my brother got me the Die Hard collection on Blu Ray for my birthday 
pimp.gif
.....I had the newest one already on Blu Ray....It's still sealed up and I rather give it away to one of you guys then sell it on ebay for $9
laugh.gif

First one of you guys (gotta be kinda a regular in here) to guess a number 1-15 can have it....And one person can't guess 15 times either
laugh.gif
....And I'm only shipping within the US, sorry
laugh.gif
...Good Luck

Ok so my brother got me the Die Hard collection on Blu Ray for my birthday 
pimp.gif
.....I had the newest one already on Blu Ray....It's still sealed up and I rather give it away to one of you guys then sell it on ebay for $9
laugh.gif

First one of you guys (gotta be kinda a regular in here) to guess a number 1-15 can have it....And one person can't guess 15 times either
laugh.gif
....And I'm only shipping within the US, sorry
laugh.gif
...Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom