Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

watched caddyshack for the first time. Forgot how good chevy chase was. one of bill murry's more odd roles lol. he did a great job. the blond girl was smoking hot. Just one of those goofy 80's movies. serious star power

I miss Rodney Dangerfield. he was so damn good. it was crazy i noticed that the journey song that he plays on the golf course is the same one that plays at the end of the Simpsons episode he guest appeared on as Mr. Burn's son. Crazy I even noticed that i'm so damn obsessed with that show

those bucky larson commercials are genius hahaa. crack me up every time. adam sandler puts on his friends like no other.

watched caddyshack for the first time. Forgot how good chevy chase was. one of bill murry's more odd roles lol. he did a great job. the blond girl was smoking hot. Just one of those goofy 80's movies. serious star power

I miss Rodney Dangerfield. he was so damn good. it was crazy i noticed that the journey song that he plays on the golf course is the same one that plays at the end of the Simpsons episode he guest appeared on as Mr. Burn's son. Crazy I even noticed that i'm so damn obsessed with that show

those bucky larson commercials are genius hahaa. crack me up every time. adam sandler puts on his friends like no other.

So, I watched Green Lantern, and honestly. I thought it was ok. I don't see why Thor was all that much better but GL got labeled as utter failure and Thor is called a surprise hit. GL was a tad hokie, thee wasted too much time on some lame love story, but other than that, it was Thor. Aliens, space travel, asks you to accept sci fi stuff, but nobody bought into it apparently. Why? What makes Thor so much better, and I liked Thor too. This was just as good imo.

So, I watched Green Lantern, and honestly. I thought it was ok. I don't see why Thor was all that much better but GL got labeled as utter failure and Thor is called a surprise hit. GL was a tad hokie, thee wasted too much time on some lame love story, but other than that, it was Thor. Aliens, space travel, asks you to accept sci fi stuff, but nobody bought into it apparently. Why? What makes Thor so much better, and I liked Thor too. This was just as good imo.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Caddyshack is an all-time great.  Everyone is good in it.  The people you already mentioned of course, but Ted Knight, Spalding, the caddies -- they're all funny. 

And Rodney is the man.  I'm a big fan.  He had a very interesting career too.  I don't think he became famous until he was in his 40s somewhere and was at his biggest when he was in his 60s.  That doesn't happen very often.  Back to School is another favorite movie of mine and Rodney just kills that role.  At some point, I'll have to bring myself to watch Natural Born Killers, just because I've heard that Dangerfield gives a really good dramatic performance in that movie.  

On a side note, the difference between Caddyshack and Caddyshack II might be the biggest drop off between original and sequel in the history of film. 

Caddyshack is an all-time great.  Everyone is good in it.  The people you already mentioned of course, but Ted Knight, Spalding, the caddies -- they're all funny. 

And Rodney is the man.  I'm a big fan.  He had a very interesting career too.  I don't think he became famous until he was in his 40s somewhere and was at his biggest when he was in his 60s.  That doesn't happen very often.  Back to School is another favorite movie of mine and Rodney just kills that role.  At some point, I'll have to bring myself to watch Natural Born Killers, just because I've heard that Dangerfield gives a really good dramatic performance in that movie.  

On a side note, the difference between Caddyshack and Caddyshack II might be the biggest drop off between original and sequel in the history of film. 

It is officially horror movie season.

There used to be an awesome horror thread in General two years ago. Would not be mad if this one took that turn for awhile.

There used to be an awesome horror thread in General two years ago. Would not be mad if this one took that turn for awhile.

triangle-movie-poster.jpg

Dude.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Yeah, it is isnt it?
pimp.gif
Since the movie club fell apart, y'all wanna try something like that with horror films? For those that are still here, I mean. But not doing a weekly thing, I think that caused a lot of people to forget about it. Maybe make up a checklist of our favorite horrors and just let people knock em out as they want?

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Yeah, it is isnt it?
pimp.gif
Since the movie club fell apart, y'all wanna try something like that with horror films? For those that are still here, I mean. But not doing a weekly thing, I think that caused a lot of people to forget about it. Maybe make up a checklist of our favorite horrors and just let people knock em out as they want?

Originally Posted by lawdog1

damn worse than the sting 2?
back to school is @%+%@!* incredible. it's like a smarter billy madison haha

David Katzenberg (Jeffrey's son) and Seth Grahame-Smith (author of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter) have set up their new production companyKatzSmith Productions at Warner Bros in a two year deal that includes a sequel to Tim Burton's Beetlejuice.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by lawdog1

damn worse than the sting 2?
back to school is @%+%@!* incredible. it's like a smarter billy madison haha

David Katzenberg (Jeffrey's son) and Seth Grahame-Smith (author of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter) have set up their new production companyKatzSmith Productions at Warner Bros in a two year deal that includes a sequel to Tim Burton's Beetlejuice.

indifferent.gif

Kev, you have any sort of list of new ones comin out? Dream House is the first I thought of, it has a sort of Stir of Echoes look to it so far. Maybe The Ring as well, more thriller than horror. That poster for Triangle is awesome.

Kev, you have any sort of list of new ones comin out? Dream House is the first I thought of, it has a sort of Stir of Echoes look to it so far. Maybe The Ring as well, more thriller than horror. That poster for Triangle is awesome.

I admit I'm not a "fan" of horror movies, primarily because that's one genre where I'm really lacking knowledge. Very broad question I know, but I'd be open to hearing a list of essential horror movies, past/present, whatever.

I admit I'm not a "fan" of horror movies, primarily because that's one genre where I'm really lacking knowledge. Very broad question I know, but I'd be open to hearing a list of essential horror movies, past/present, whatever.

I'll be watching Triangle at midnight tomorrow.

I absolutely love films that #%*# with your mind.

Back
Top Bottom