Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I'll be watching Triangle at midnight tomorrow.

I absolutely love films that #%*# with your mind.

I have it set on DVR, thanks for the heads up. Johnny, J, you need Exorcist, Texas Chainsaw, OG Nightmare/Elm, Halloween obviously, some say Evil Dead, but to me those are more comedyish. Poltergeist. Newer and you've probably seen, Scream, Stir of Echoes (thriller, not horror) Dawn of the Dead, either one, OG or remake works imo. These are all the mainstreamers you'd need, others would be better recommending lesser known good ones. The Shining, I should have mentioned that earlier. American Warewolf in London is a good one too. If anyone has any others, add them to this list for them.

I have it set on DVR, thanks for the heads up. Johnny, J, you need Exorcist, Texas Chainsaw, OG Nightmare/Elm, Halloween obviously, some say Evil Dead, but to me those are more comedyish. Poltergeist. Newer and you've probably seen, Scream, Stir of Echoes (thriller, not horror) Dawn of the Dead, either one, OG or remake works imo. These are all the mainstreamers you'd need, others would be better recommending lesser known good ones. The Shining, I should have mentioned that earlier. American Warewolf in London is a good one too. If anyone has any others, add them to this list for them.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

triangle-movie-poster.jpg

Dude.

Love this movie. 5 minutes after watching it, all you want to do is watch it again. It's hard to describe with spoiling and hard to talk about with clearing ya schedule to brainstorm that #%%+.
laugh.gif

And um...Warrior. @*@! a box office, my favorite movie of the year, hands down. I never expected it to be that good. Tom Hardy AND his brother killed it. Nick Nolte wiped the floor with the movie. You leave the theater feeling like a gotdamn animal, and whoever sees it will be admitting they got something stuck in their eye at least a couple times.

It's that, Rise of the Apes and Bridesmaids as my tops so far.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

triangle-movie-poster.jpg

Dude.

Love this movie. 5 minutes after watching it, all you want to do is watch it again. It's hard to describe with spoiling and hard to talk about with clearing ya schedule to brainstorm that #%%+.
laugh.gif

And um...Warrior. @*@! a box office, my favorite movie of the year, hands down. I never expected it to be that good. Tom Hardy AND his brother killed it. Nick Nolte wiped the floor with the movie. You leave the theater feeling like a gotdamn animal, and whoever sees it will be admitting they got something stuck in their eye at least a couple times.

It's that, Rise of the Apes and Bridesmaids as my tops so far.

Originally Posted by CP1708

If anyone has any others, add them to this list for them.

Old and new:

The Shining
The Thing
[REC]
The Descent
28 Days Later + Weeks
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil (comedy/horror. it's hilarious)
Martyrs
High Tension
Attack the Block

Anything Japanese.

Originally Posted by CP1708

If anyone has any others, add them to this list for them.

Old and new:

The Shining
The Thing
[REC]
The Descent
28 Days Later + Weeks
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil (comedy/horror. it's hilarious)
Martyrs
High Tension
Attack the Block

Anything Japanese.

laugh.gif

Yes. I don't know how I've never heard of it before.

28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later are the two horrors that always come to mind first. Love The Descent, too. Besides a lot of the classics that CP mentioned:

Pretty much everything George Romero has ever made
Trick 'r Treat
Ils ("Them" in French)
Eden Lake
The Paranormal Activity movies
The Mist
The Blair Witch Project
Zombieland (not really horror, but...)

I haven't seen a ton of these, but After Dark Horrorfest is a yearly indie horror festival where eight movies get distributed each year. Some have been bad, some have been good, but they at least always cover a huge spectrum of the genre.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/After_Dark_Horrorfest

There are so many admittedly average or worse, forgettable horrors I have seen that I enjoyed while I was watching them. I just love the genre.

laugh.gif

Yes. I don't know how I've never heard of it before.

28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later are the two horrors that always come to mind first. Love The Descent, too. Besides a lot of the classics that CP mentioned:

Pretty much everything George Romero has ever made
Trick 'r Treat
Ils ("Them" in French)
Eden Lake
The Paranormal Activity movies
The Mist
The Blair Witch Project
Zombieland (not really horror, but...)

I haven't seen a ton of these, but After Dark Horrorfest is a yearly indie horror festival where eight movies get distributed each year. Some have been bad, some have been good, but they at least always cover a huge spectrum of the genre.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/After_Dark_Horrorfest

There are so many admittedly average or worse, forgettable horrors I have seen that I enjoyed while I was watching them. I just love the genre.

I'll check out Triangle as well.

Never heard of this movie before.

I'll check out Triangle as well.

Never heard of this movie before.

Caught Warrior last night.

Thought it was really good.  Definitely recommend it. 

My thoughts is that the Director did a great job of balancing action and narrative.  One knock that people might give this film is that it didn't go deep into character development.  Basically, why the Conlon's were so messed up as a family.  Despite that, you still kind of felt that you knew the characters background, why Tommy had so much resentment towards Brandon, why Brandon had animosity towards his pop, etc.

They definitely put a lot of time into the fight scenes.

Definitely need to find time to do a write up on tv shows, that's what I spend most of my time on.  I'm a tv junkie.  Don't know if that is a good thing.

Guess it's been awhile, but also caught a few flicks over the summer:
Change Up- Wasn't expecting much, was actually surprised.  It was good, cheap raunchy comedy.
Captain America- Sucker for Marvel films, this was no different.  Solid origin story, IMO.
Warrior- See above
Bridesemaids- Enjoyed it, but people putting it on par with comedy classics...pump the brakes.  Had it's dull moments.
Rise of the Planet of the Apes-  Great way to end the summer, solid movie although the ending felt a bit rushed.
30 Minutes or Less- Had it's funny moments, but with the cast in place I expected more.  Maybe this will grow on me like Pineapple Express.

Caught Warrior last night.

Thought it was really good.  Definitely recommend it. 

My thoughts is that the Director did a great job of balancing action and narrative.  One knock that people might give this film is that it didn't go deep into character development.  Basically, why the Conlon's were so messed up as a family.  Despite that, you still kind of felt that you knew the characters background, why Tommy had so much resentment towards Brandon, why Brandon had animosity towards his pop, etc.

They definitely put a lot of time into the fight scenes.

Definitely need to find time to do a write up on tv shows, that's what I spend most of my time on.  I'm a tv junkie.  Don't know if that is a good thing.

Guess it's been awhile, but also caught a few flicks over the summer:
Change Up- Wasn't expecting much, was actually surprised.  It was good, cheap raunchy comedy.
Captain America- Sucker for Marvel films, this was no different.  Solid origin story, IMO.
Warrior- See above
Bridesemaids- Enjoyed it, but people putting it on par with comedy classics...pump the brakes.  Had it's dull moments.
Rise of the Planet of the Apes-  Great way to end the summer, solid movie although the ending felt a bit rushed.
30 Minutes or Less- Had it's funny moments, but with the cast in place I expected more.  Maybe this will grow on me like Pineapple Express.

Back
Top Bottom