Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

So, conclusion: This thread reads:

“I don’t like M. Night. I like him”

I love his early films because of the examples above. I dislike his most recent films because they do not contain these story telling techniques and seem to be more focused on pleasing his children instead of his audience.

Think Avatar: The Last Airbender and Lady in the Water.

I love his early films because of the examples above. I dislike his most recent films because they do not contain these story telling techniques and seem to be more focused on pleasing his children instead of his audience.

Think Avatar: The Last Airbender and Lady in the Water.
Can’t comment on the former. Never seen. And if you’ve absolutely hated Lady in the Water, the feeling is mutual.

I’m not quite sure what you mean by pleasing his children

There is nothing universal.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

False

1722818966058.png

I avoided Rush Hour 3 for the better part of 17 years to not soil my memories of 1 and 2 until today. What a mistake. Terrible movie. :lol: :smh:

calibeebee calibeebee in all seriousness though, both of your posts regarding M Nights attention to detail were awesome and enjoyable to read. I repped both posts. I apologize for any misunderstandings.

The vast majority of your posts are on point and it’s a pleasure discussing movies with you and just interacting with you regardless of what we’re talking about

Can’t comment on the former. Never seen. And if you’ve absolutely hated Lady in the Water, the feeling is mutual.

I’m not quite sure what you mean by pleasing his children

So M Night has said he only made lady in the water and avatar because of his kids. It was full child service and not intended to use the same filmmaking methods as his previous films. Same with this new Trap movie. Just an opportunity to let his daughter direct a film.

In my opinion, this is an abomination to the art. Great parenting, but awful directing.

Well Trap was a movie. Heavily flawed and best parts were when Josh Hartnett was threatening M Night's daughter character (was like a Temu Ariana Grande) but the overall plot was just dumb. I also thought there would be some big twist or more backstory on why Hartnett was the way he was. 4.5/8 for me.

Like others have said we keep expecting so much from M Night as we know what he's capable but he continues to fall short. I did enjoy The Visit and Split though. Knock at the Cabin was a decent watch but also very flawed and the ending didn't do it for me..

Well Trap was a movie. Heavily flawed and best parts were when Josh Hartnett was threatening M Night's daughter character (was like a Temu Ariana Grande) but the overall plot was just dumb. I also thought there would be some big twist or more backstory on why Hartnett was the way he was. 4.5/8 for me.

Like others have said we keep expecting so much from M Night as we know what he's capable but he continues to fall short. I did enjoy The Visit and Split though. Knock at the Cabin was a decent watch but also very flawed and the ending didn't do it for me..

This post made me look up the end of the movie. I read the book (Knock at the Cabin).

Believe it or not, I think the movie ending was better :lol:

In the book, the girl dies and both husbands live. With the assumption that the apocalypse is still going to occur.

Not sure the right place to type this......

I loved Deadpool 3. Was great. I thiiiiiiiiiiink the test footage for DP1 is in here somewhere. Ryan Reynolds fought his *** off to get that made. His marketing tactics are GENIUS on every level.

That continues, still.

But there's more.......the last few days he has been posting behind the scenes and actual, personal, thank you messages to his co-stars.

And he fought (and still fights) for their work, and their projects.

People joke about him and downplay him for always being him, but from what I can tell he's about as genuine a guy as there is.

I hope he is given even more control and continues helping others with their projects. The man is a marketing GENIUS. Remember the Peleton ad???? :lol:

Really impressed with what he's done with this film and this franchise.

Knocked this out tonight, first time.
1722922855975.jpeg

Knocked out the first 2 last month, also my first times. Pretty much hate watched all 3 of them. I don’t think I can do buddy cop movies anymore.

Back
Top Bottom