Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

No better feeling than grabbing some pizza with the Boys
IMG_4848.jpeg

In what order would you guys watch these?

Alive (1993)
Blood Diamond (2006)
Margin Call (2011)
Manhunter (1986)
I just watched Manhunter again recently with my fiance like in April/May :lol:, holds up wonderfully.

Felt a lot more arthouse than I remember though :lol:, was really beautifully shot. Will Peterson and Tom Noonan were terrific.

Also felt crazy to look back at Brian Cox as the first portrayal of Hannibal Lector on screen after his recent turn on Succession :lol:. He was okay but yea kinda tough to compare to Hopkins' now almost definitive take

Last edited:
In what order would you guys watch these?

Alive (1993)
Blood Diamond (2006)
Margin Call (2011)
Manhunter (1986)
See, I always feel like I've watched a crap ton of movies and that I'm a cinephile, blah, blah, blah... then someone drops a list like this and I've not seen 1 of them.
Only heard of 1 of them (Blood Diamond).
What am I even doing?
#fraud 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Finished the second half of Jurassic Park III tonight as I’m falling asleep, no lades @DeadsetAce i got in trouble with my sister because of her friend, it is 100% better than The Lost World @big j 33, which was just absolute ****. 4.8/8. And Lost World: 1.6/8.
Re: The Lost World. So the character of Eddie Carr, one of the most likable characters in Jurassic Park to date at the time, did nothing for you? You didn’t appreciate having more Ian Malcolm? Dr. Hammonds beautiful monologue regarding the ethical treatment of the animals had no purpose?

See, I always feel like I've watched a crap ton of movies and that I'm a cinephile, blah, blah, blah... then someone drops a list like this and I've not seen 1 of them.
Only heard of 1 of them (Blood Diamond).
What am I even doing?
#fraud 😂🤦🏻‍♂️
You would hate Margin Call. Slow burning story of an investment bank saving themselves on the eve of the 08 financial crisis, focusing on the different people at every level of the bank. I liked it, a lot.

calibeebee calibeebee As I watch Emmett Brown demonstrate his latest creation at the Twin Pines Mall, I know exactly where we would go, should the flux capacitor ever come to fruition…

June 19, 1992
Timothy Walter Burton’s Cinematic gem
In the theater

Cop some McDonald’s after, of course, not leaving without purchasing an obligatory souvenir cup first

1723143561118.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom